Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims 1 Neighborhood Editor and IFF Explorer Download
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purplewowies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, I completely fail when it comes to truly understanding the game's code... though there are editors that allow you to edit values in the neighborhood iff within a GUI... not sure how much they look at of it. I do know that when the neighborhood iff is deleted, the game just regenerates a new one, so I'm getting the thought it doesn't really have terrain info, but I could be wrong.

I'm not too sure on what the scenario thing is... though by its name, it sounds related to the "insanity controller" I remember hearing about once. Not necessarily in actual code or function, but just because their names bring to mind that it may control the game doing certain events like burglary or object breaking? I don't know. jfade's psycho
francot514

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok a big mystery i tihnk, the better optios to me are: sprites.iff, floors.iff, or lightmap.pal, globalclut.pal, dont understand so much about that...

You should notice that if you rename any house to snow terrain lots (40-42) ill be converted to snow, hows possible, is not a house self property...
purplewowies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, it won't be the floors iff, as that's just a package of the floors that come with the game.

Sprites is for conversation bubbles that pop over people's heads.

Unsure about the others.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere the game has a list of all the lot numbers and which terrains go with them. Or just a list of the special cases.

Any lot can have any terrain, because they are independent-- and the MM Creepy Hallow lots share a terrain with the Calamity Forest lots, and it would be silly to tie a graphic effect to something like that. Also the Vacation Island sand and the Downtown sand are different.

Somewhere the game has lot information stored in it. It could be in neighborhood.iff, but I think it might be deeper. I think the game has a list of which lots go with witch areas, and all lots not on the "main" screen (the Sim Lane and Old Town lots) seem to be hard-coded somewhere.

purplewowies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*feels need to say I went on a search and found this link*

http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=8333&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=terrain

It doesn't have solutions, but Raeven and a few others have some good commentary. yes
francot514

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What raven says is like he tested with global.iff and house ( terrain arrays) but he didnt notice that is not the problem, because i can have any house converted to snow just renaming it to lot 41, and going back to grass renaming as 1-10.

The only can i say is i have checked for all possible files and note appart of the grass simulator have sense to me...

the final conclusion to me is that this is encoded into the sims.executable...
Thalia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--psst---Raeven's a girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuses, Reaven.

Now i finally trying to implement iff reading into the program...

francot514

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iff reader will now change:

Now will be called iff explorer and will be different program from neighborhood editor. Also will feature see images from objects, characters and houses.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dcy126kmdie4c53/IFF+Explorer.rar

Neighborhood editor will be continued after finishing this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: