Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Owned by tomato plants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Owned by tomato plants Reply with quote

I started planting heirloom tomato seeds in my dining room about March 15, and have been a slave to them ever since.

I finally got the new plastic on my unheated greenhouse 10 days ago, and moved them all out of my basement (38 trips up and down the basement steps.) There are now over 800 plants out there, demanding water after surviving last night's frost in their flimsy protection. Tomorrow garden club members arrive at 9 a.m. to help put labels (10.5 hours on the computer making the master label sheets; my wp program kept crashing) on pieces of cut up venetian blinds to stick in the pots.

Day after tomorrow, with luck, we'll sell at least 400 of them at our garden club plant sale. I have 44 varieties this year, since I decided to use up all the packets from the last 3 years that didn't get planted.

At the moment, I'm rather sick of them. My boat is in the water, but I can't go play on Georgian Bay until my own plants are in the ground, and someone has bought most of the others. Then I'll donate any leftovers to various community gardening projects, and have some time for myself. and for simming!

Andrasta

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More then 800 plants? jfade's psycho
Thanks goodness we have to deal only with 5 tomato plants laugh

We usually install a watering system for all our plants (tomatoes and other vegetables) we grow from seeds until we can put them outdoors.
And even there we have a watering system installed, so they will survive even if it is not raining for too many days.

So you grow up tomatoes for your garden club?
Are all members growing so many plants?

zosa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow i feel that two 1x4ft planters of okra and wildflowers is not so bad anymore X''D
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planted only about a dozen plants of different varieties, most of which are now close to delivering ripe fruit. It's been a cool summer here.
zosa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any thoughts about what you will be making out of the first batch?
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept it small this year as well, with only 14 plants (and varieties). I had an inkling that I wasn't going to want to spend as much time on them this year, and I was right. I didn't get mine in until early June, so I'm where you are, Bruja, with fruit just starting to be ready, even though it's been a warm summer.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17
Thalia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be able to have a vegetable garden again, but lately there have just been too many deer (since a local supermarket built a warehouse in what used to be some old open fields/woods down the street from me). Unless I want to invest in a very tall fence (and/or razor wire, guard towers and dobermans with spiked collars) it's just not going to happen.

I did plant a four-pack of cherry tomatoes in a pot on the patio though; they've been going like crazy and giving me plenty of the little ones with that home grown tomato taste.

Also I keep reading this title as "Pwned by tomato plants" :D

Location: Texas, dealing with my dad's estate and getting into ALL the permutations of The Sims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruja; you wouldn't happen to have any Zapotec Pleated seeds saved, would you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Off Topic (non-controversial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: