Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mesh programs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Mesh programs? Reply with quote

I find that poor old Body Warp doesn't properly (wont render) with Windows 7 (and presumably 8) unless I run it in 256 color mode. That's ok for just mucking with a mesh a little bit (shrinking something down for a kid, for instance) not really gonna help me preview any skins so I was wondering what you real skinners are using these days.

Milkshape was used before. Still The Program or has it been replaced?
If I wanted to try, say, curling up a UL pet's tail would that be the way to go?

Simscilla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skye offers a tutorial on Milkshape - I guess it is still the one
Raeven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thank you, Simscilla
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any program better than Milkshape. Hi Raeven! hug

I'm keeping 2 old computers with XP around, just for using old third party programs. Every new version of Windows seems to be losing functionality for the kind of thing I want to play with. sad

Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. And thank you for the confirmation.

While searching back to find the program that Lilac Sims would work with pets I did come across a thread in which Ruth corresponded with the guy who makes MIlkshape and (with assistance from Peter) helped him add the pets ans child skeletons in. That was rather neat. (That lady is an absolute wonder ♥).

I was still a bit hesitant, though, since I know I probably wont use it more than the once and would hate to have used up my shot one a project it could not do LOL

TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get any of the old programs to run on my Window 8.1 desktop; I can't even get Origin to work to play any of the newer games. I'm jealously guarding the Windows 7 on my laptop, because I am gradually working things around so I can TRY to play my old things.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17
maximum411

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used MilkShape to edit pet meshes. For the heads it is very easy, as they look completely normal in MilkShape and any edits you make are reflected in the exported mesh. The bodies are another story, as even though the skeletons have been added to MilkShape, they show up pretty warped in the program, and the changes you make are slightly unpredictable. Nonetheless, it is possible to edit pet body meshes if you are patient and willing to go through some trial and error by checking in SimPose.
Raeven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. I'm not. Usually very patient with skins or meshes,that is.
Thanks so much for the heads up!! thumbsup
Forewarned I'll definitely get more things done. If it had been a complete surprise I probably would have had a tantrum (not unlike the one they have when repairing things, actually) and given it up.

Also knowing it's just the pets there's a greater chance I'll work on the grim reaper mesh. I flattened his hood to unnoticeable in bodywarp and discovered he hasn't actually got a neck. it's just one point connected tot he rest of the body so it has no depth and can't be resized, just ... moved around. I was on the verge of attaching a soda can as a neck (what?! I'm a sims hacker. It's how we think!) but figured I better just wait until !'m ready to dive into Milkshape. I'd have been right back to slapping a soda can on her shoulders before the last foot stamp of my tantrum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: