Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help with custom body shapes and nudes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sita

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Please help with custom body shapes and nudes Reply with quote

Changed the subject line as Raaeven worked out what my question REALLY was! Thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I use a custom body, I have to change the buyables to Fit to make them work I think???

Meanwhile I want my XXL nudes to LOOK like XXL nudes if possible, not to shrink in the shower - and I don't want ALL my Sims to look like XXL nudes in the shower. I am playng with all EPs. Is there any kind of workaround for this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back! And I have silly questions as usual.

1) Where do I find a mesh B325FaFat? What I have is a skin that calls for xskin-B325FAFat_RK_FormalWide-PELVIS-BODY - I know that's not the one in Deluxe because that's only FaFit. I checked the JWS files and I can't make ANY sense of SimFreaks - never did like that site because it's too tiny and just has no sense of logic in where to find things.

2)This mesh: xskin-b447fafit_JVDPR_Chunky-PELVIS-BODY Again, I thought Jerome had a separate site for his meshes? But I suppose that's gone the way of all Sims 1? Sigh.

I'm sure there will be more silly questions in due course.

I love the FaFat and MaFat skins but can find so few. I don't really want to go the Rubenesque route because that means messing around with custom bodyshapes and IIRC that didn't work well with Makin Magic?

So I spose question 3) is where can I find FAT skins (and particularly meshes, I can even colour them in myself) these days? hug hug

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.

Last edited by Sita on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bluesage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in your mailbox:

Whoopi! laugh
Sita

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh lovely, thank you Blue!

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sita

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another silly question: CUSTOM BODY MESHES

as in - say - an extra fat Sim - do these even WORK in the MM dimension?
or are they better used with fewer EPs? I have all Eps installed and prefer to play with them, and I know this is a question I've asked before but I have some vague memory of Unleashed changing the way skins worked? (Completely separate from the Hot Date change to buyables?)
Be patient with me here, it is a LONG time since I played Sims 1!

I love the custom meshes but I remember them being a thorough pain. whistle

Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember details but I can give you a quick assurance - I made a custom mesh for my game and it works. I shrunk servo to kid size (They merged him together as a single mesh for TSO. Was it you that gave me that?) and use "b0t" as the body type. When I take them to a dresser they only have skins for their body type (and skin tone, of course) showup.

However - I am not sure how one has to name the wardrobe to make it work in the later games.

They keep their bodies when they shower, but it is possible that is a glitch rather than the nudes I created. I'm not sure. They revert to human when swimming. I'm assuming I did not make any swimming skins because the nudes was the result of a glitch.

Simscilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simchaotics & more big girls

In the first link, there are Gloria and Maxie... PreHotDate smile
In the second link, there are more... also PreHotDAte

I renamed them... it is a bit painful, but when it is done right you get a kind of 'set', including Nudes, Formal and Fashion.

Those big girls are really big in a pretty way!
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was (is) the new naming convention for post-HD games?

EDIT: WHOOPS! I meant post-UL blush

Last edited by Raeven on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sita

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love the big girls, that's why I'm asking, I want them back!

hug

I've forgotten so much about this game. Sigh.

Simscilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way I did it...

AS an example, one of the cmx's you find in there:
Quote:
B300FASOS_SOSisterMaxie
. You have to rename it, because HD no longer finds it like that.

The name of the skinfile gives you the clue how to name the cmx and the bmp file.

Quote:
xskin-B300FASO0_SO0BgGrlNude-PELVIS-MBODY

-> B300FAFAT_SOSIsterMaxie. for the cmx. You must open the cmx and change the name likewise.

If your fat skin ends with "_SOSisterMaxie ", you will keep the fat nude file.

nude file;

the cmx has to be named NFfat_SOSisterMaxie,
the bmp NFsosdrk_SOSisterMaxie

Quote:
xskin-B300FAfat_SO0BgGrlNude-PELVIS-MBODY

hope that helps
Thalia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really interesting me. So when you make custom Rubensesque body types for the later editions of the game they are really just a subset of the usual fat skins (kind of like the way pale skins are really just lgt?)

For the record, when I've been making meshes I've always made skinny and fat versions too (though the regular game version of fat, not Rubensesque). Mine don't tend to be modern, though, if that's what you're looking for.

Last edited by Thalia on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure they are a subset of fat.
The some BMPS like hands match up by the end of the file name. That may be what is happening in Simscilla's case for the nude?

I am surprised by the -MBODY
I don't recall ever seeing that and there's no joint by that name (in normal meshes)

Simscilla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoria is a skinner... she can explain skins far better than me

SweetNothings

From my limited knowledge, which results from what I have tried in my game and I don't claim this to be generally true, all you need to do is renaming the custom rubenesque mesh/cmx file in the gamedata/skins to "nffat_01". If you delete the custom skinfile, the game will happily use the 'normal' fat again.

I have done this some time ago, and like Raeven points out - When you delete the M from "xskin-B300FASO0_SO0BgGrlNude-PELVIS-MBODY", the rubenesque nude will show up fine.

Please bear in mind, any 'normal' Fat Sim will appear when nekkid in the rubenesque suit, too.

nudie.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.5 KB
 Viewed:  3100 Time(s)

nudie.gif

Sita

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the nub! I want to have normal Fat Sims as well as Rubenesque...

argh this stuff is HARD.

sad

Simscilla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe... this one is more rubenesque than rubenesque laugh
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found the readme that I wrote for myself when I made the little bot kids. Part of it says
Quote:
NEKKID-BOT REMINDER
This custom body type confuses the game so when the child showers or uses the toilet they will keep the same look (and not switch to a human body).

BUYABLES
Purchase buyables from shops as you would for any child. The buyable had to be named as normal child body buyables so when normal children are shopping these robotic bodies will, unfortunately, show up as options. Not graceful, I admit, but it's the best answer I could come up with.

So I guess at the time my understanding was that nudes for custom body types are now impossible. It'd be fantastic if it turns out I was wrong! *fingers crossed*

EDIT: You might need to change the subject line or make anew thread to get the proper skinners to realize this is being wondered about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: