Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't access the forum at all from my home wifi....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Member Assistance and Contact Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WholeHeart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: I can't access the forum at all from my home wifi.... Reply with quote

At the moment I'm using data on my smartphone. :p Every time in the last couple of days I've tried to get on by wifi (either on my computer or my phone) I get a 403 Forbidden Error. I can't make head nor tail of the explanation it gives, which seems to be directed at the webmaster. Is there any way to fix that? It's starting to get annoying. :p The rest of the internet seems to be working fine; it's just this forum I can't access.
WholeHeart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm guessing nobody knows why and I'm just going to have to wait a couple of weeks and see if the problem fixes itself :p Maybe it's a problem with the specific dynamic IP address (wifi is usually dynamic, right? I have no idea what I'm talking about on that) and when it rotates to a different one I will stop getting the error message. I can hope, right?
zosa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly is it saying? can you post the exact text?
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most home networks don't have a static IP. You should be able to go into your router setting and click "DHCP Release" then "DHCP Renew" to get a new IP.

Or you can unplug your modem, spell 'Opportunity' in the old schoolmaster's way ("Opportunity with an 'O' 'P' 'P', 'Opp'. Opportunity with an 'Opp' and a 'O' 'R', 'Or', Opportunity with an 'Opp' and an 'Or' and a 'T', 'U', 'N' 'Tun'... and so on) then plug it back in. Or just count to 75.

WholeHeart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works again! Um, yeah, my husband forgot to pay the internet bill, so it got cut off for a day and a half, and when we got it back I could get here again. Thanks for the tips in case it happens again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Member Assistance and Contact Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: