Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unexpected Custom Content Teamwork!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XANA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Unexpected Custom Content Teamwork! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I was playing my Sims game today and I came across this very interesting and unexpected action by two pieces of custom content. thumbsup

I've placed the SSoW Service Sink with the modern 'scullery maid' into my house, as it was the most matching NPC generator I have (of ones that make scullery maids, I have them all).

I'm also using both of the custom at-home chefs, Gordon Ramsey and Jean-Paul, as the house this is being played in is a sort of massive mansion that takes a lot of work to keep clean. (When I have a party, which often has 30 or more sims, it takes a veritable maid & butler corps to handle the cleanup!).

This is just a normal day in that household, where the chefs work tirelessly in place of my sim who works from home, keeping that stay-home sim fed with good food.

Here comes the interesting part, both of my chefs do this - they actually wash their hands in the service sink before they start cooking (just like real chefs)! laugh

Unfortunately, the butlers (Cary Grant and Alfred) don't, but that can be forgiven. I haven't tested the forced hand-washing Downtown (where there are more real chefs), but if the same thing happens there too I would be delightfully surprised as I am now.

I mean, I never planned for this to happen - it just does every time. It's the small things like this that fascinate me about custom content. notworthy
Andrasta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! smile
Hygiene does not seem to be a problem with these chefs!

(Disregarding all the flies above the plates *g*)

thumbsup

francot514

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, where to donwload this custom at home chefs?
mamasoul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! May I inquire as to where I can find the Gordon Ramsay chef? Thanks! :)
XANA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the custom Gordon Ramsey chef can be found at Wild Simdom (and/or Wild Simdom #2), which is a Yahoo! Group.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/WildSimdom/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/WildSimdomToo/

I would hunt the group for the actual download link, but Yahoo! does not seem to be cooperating with my web browser at the moment.

I haven't yet found anything on the other custom chef, the Jean-Paul version.
Raeven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the new way to do the urls
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WildSimdom/info

As for Jean Paul I wanna say that one is ... Wilf's?

purplewowies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to have the neo; it should auto-convert. :P
Raeven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it might be a factor in why Xana was having trouble getting through the downloads. But if not then this link may be more useful
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WildSimdom/files/Downloads/0%20Vacation%20Chef/

XANA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't really know what has been going on with my browser and Yahoo when I try to delve down into a group.

I click the 'Files' link and nothing happens, and the same thing happens if I try to access one of the sub-folders (such as the one for the Vacation Chef).
I tried other browsers on the same computer, and the same thing happens.

Like I said, it's just like Yahoo isn't responding to my clicks or something, and that's why I wasn't able to discover the download link during my previous post.

Thanks Raeven, for finding that download link on Wild Simdom.

I can't seem to find any info on the Jean-Paul chef in my game files. I know he's there because I use him all the time, but I don't know what his files are called. I tried to go to Wilf's Sim Stuff to see if I could find out more information, but the website seems to have vanished from the Internet since it just goes to a 'connection timed out' message.
Raeven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I tried to pop over and confirm it was Wilf's chef and was more than just a little horrified to find the website is now gone. surprise sickstomach

Tripod/Lycos' recently done a bit of a revamp and reduced the amount of space and pages all accounts can have. The free ones have a very small amount of space (dunno if his was). Maybe they've also decided to delete ones that seem abandoned.

Jean-Paul is Wilfs. He is the "SoloChef"
https://web.archive.org/web/20090330065809/http://members.lycos.co.uk/wilfjones/npcs.html

the readme wrote:
Chef Jean-Paul V1.1
===================

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!! I built this item for my personal use, and it works in my installation of the game. That's no guarantee that it will work in yours, however. So, if it doesn't work, or it causes you other problems, take note of the following:

1. I've *no idea* why it won't work for you. Life's too short for *me* to troubleshoot *your* computer problems.

2. I *don't care* that it crashed your game. Delete it, and download something else. Move on. There's *tons* of other stuff out there.

Having got that off my chest, I hope this item proves useful to you.

Be warned. Chef Jean-Paul is a bit of an experiment, but he seems to work and to run stably (at least, he doesn't cause the game to crash), so I thought I'd release him in his present form.

** Note: This is Version 1.1, which has a few bug fixes to the original.

Basically, he's a chef NPC who'll cook meals for your sims (using standard kitchen equipment - fridges, stoves, etc.) and will clean away the dishes afterwards. He cooks if a) there are any hungry sims on the site, and b) if there are two or less portions remaining on the serving plate. Of course, this can sometimes be a bit wasteful of food - especially as he's on duty twenty four hours a day - but that's something I'll get round to fixing in later versions. Maybe.

I've also tested him on Vacation sites - if you build a fully equipped kitchen with a few free counters, you can make a "self service buffet" area on the lot - which I find slightly more realistic than those never-bare vacation buffet tables (where _does_ the food on them come from?).

To get Jean-Paul to appear, look for the "NVQ Level 3 Cookery Certificate" under Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous in build mode, (price 5001) and hang it on the wall of your kitchen.

To remove the chef from a lot, first delete the certificate, then use the move_objects cheat to delete the chef.

To install, make a folder called "SoloChef" (or any other name you want - it doesn't really matter) in the downloads folder, and put all the files from this zip file into it.

Works on neighbourhood and vacation lots, and probably elsewhere (though I haven't tested it yet). Needs Hot Date to work correctly (the NPC was cloned from the HD Chef, and uses some of its animations and sound effects).

Note to object hackers - if you want to take this object and use it as a starting point for your own creation, feel free to do so - just have the courtesy to mention me in your README file (oh... and *PLEASE* change the GUIDS!). There's lots of ways this NPC could be developed further: he could do a bit more cleaning in the kitchen, for example (at the moment, he only cleans up food that *he's* cooked). He could be called via a phone plugin and scheduled for, maybe, 4am to 8pm. On Downtown/Vacation/Community lots he could be modified to become a hamburger chef, or a pizza chef. I'm not going to explore all these avenues. Watch out, though... there's some "surplus" code in the NPC - stuff I thought I'd find useful, but never got round to using. To get a feel of how it works, look at the PROCESS script, and the scripts called by PROCESS.

Enjoy

--
Wilf
21 March 2003

wilfjones@yahoo.com (I check this mailbox maybe once or twice a week)
WILF'S SIMS STUFF: http://members.lycos.co.uk/wilfjones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: