Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Invisible Flies Or Something Generating Fly Buzzing Noise?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XANA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Invisible Flies Or Something Generating Fly Buzzing Noise? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Okay, this is a really weird problem that I can't seem to figure out why it's happening or even how it's happening. mad

The exact problem is that one corner of the lot - and only that corner, right at the edge of the lot where there are no ped portals or anything - constantly plays the 'flies buzzing' noise like it would if there were something dirty there.

Except that shouldn't possible, because the sim that lives in this house has no pets, there are no strays in the entire game since I got rid of them all, I have confirmed there are no hidden flies anywhere on the lot corner since I have the patch that prevents free-ranging flies from spawning.

I can't grab anything with 'move_objects on' because there is nothing on that corner that should be making that noise, but based on exactly where it plays the sound seems like it is coming from the gray border on the outside of the lot confines - and that shouldn't be possible either.

In fact, the sound shouldn't even be playing at all because I modified the flies.iff file to remove the buzzing noise from the FWAV (though I kept the actual FWAV, I just removed the text). I even checked the house02.iff object list and there are no flies.iff files loaded at all.

None of the various cleaning staff I have installed - or even my own sim, I checked - act like there's anything there to clean up or something they can't reach, so obviously there is nothing to clean up that could possibly be generating the 'flies buzzing' noise.

This is driving me to be really annoyed and I can't figure this out. This house works just fine, and suddenly this starts happening.
bluesage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had this prob for years on one of my favorite lots.

Have tried to resolve for years: possibly incurable.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how the game handles the volume of out-of-world objects if the sound is set to play from the object's location... and if it is possible that you have a dirty item out of world which was left there when the game failed to find an in-world place for it...?

Blind speculation this.

XANA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really don't know. I mean, I even checked the house's IFF file to see if its object list loaded any flies IFFs (and none were loaded).

Which object list / which IFF should I check to see if out-of-world objects are loaded? Surely, the game has to keep track of that information somewhere?

I kept the game volume at the highest setting, and I haven't yet checked if turning down the sound effect volume would affect the problem's sound playing.

It sounds like, to myself, that the game has somehow caused files to spawn somewhere in the void (where the birds chirping noises play in residential lots and where the wind noises play in magic town residential lots).

What makes this strange is that the game, if it did spawn flies out-of-lot, the spawn should have obeyed the IFF code (flies.iff) instead of just seemingly ignoring it.
(As I said, I changed the code to silence the files, thinking that could at least stop the constant noise, but it did not work except for normal flies.)

This is the only house where this occurs. House02, I mean. I have several other houses of similar design and size, and it has never ever occurred in any other house lot.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... objects don't really have spawn rules in their code most of the time. Those rules are set at spawn-time by whatever object is doing the spawning. The most common method is to spawn something out of world, put it in the stack then use 'find location for'. I'm guessing something didn't account for failure to find a location so it simply left it out of world.

Of course out of world objects still simulate and rot.

bluesage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent some time on the prob.
Only thing that works is to move the Sim out,
but don`t bulldoze.
Someone who moves in will find
no furniture and no Flies noise. smile
XANA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw...I like the furniture arrangement that I have in this house. sad
It took days to get just right and I was kind of hoping there was some way to delete out-of-world objects.

I tried several invisible object deleters and none of those worked for this problem.

I noticed that if I keep the House02.iff file and move out my sim (and then move in a different family), then the problem stays with the house.

I'm kind of surprised that no one else that I could find on the Internet had ever posted about a problem like this one before.

I guess I'll just have to move out my sim, lose the furniture and hope I can recreate it.
bluesage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save a Backup, of course, but take some pics,

if you want to refurnish.

(possibly rebuild in stages, to find how/when sound appears) wink
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miiight be able to make an object to help out. Gimme a few days if you can wait.
Atuhk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this little end table from Gnohmon? Looks like a little elephant. Put it in you house anywhere and all the fly buzzing should stop. It won't help with dirty dishes flies, but will exterminate all other pests.

http://mistymage.com/gnohmongoodies/servo.html
XANA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try that endtable when I discovered its object description (namely, that it gets rid of pests etc.) and it did not do anything to remove the out-of-world buzzing flies.

(Or whatever the object actually is that causes this event, considering I can't see into the void.)

I'm hopeful that, sometime soon, an object may be created by DamonDamore that could finally deal with this problem.
Atuhk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sorry for your problem. It's really curious. I've heard of things like invisible pet poop etc. Once flies are spawned they don't necessarily have to hang out in the same spot. I'm not sure if they can jump from one level to another, they're not easy to see especially over a textured background. Maybe they're invisible? Running the game in debug mode might point to the problem. If there's any code errors it should print an error message to the screen and generate a text file in the Sims directory. The times I've used debug it's listed the names of offending files or their master ID numbers.

(sorry if you've already tried that and it didn't work)
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on the object still. Having some issues with it being a little, uh, overzealous with the purging. It will try to delete food that sims are still eating... laugh
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some foods start out with a dirty score - snacks and cake-based meals. Unfortunately the cake was a great base for custom foods and a LOT of custom food used it . This includes Simlogical timed hotel trays (hoping I'm saying the properly).

I did not check into whether chocolates have the same issue, and I forget now if pizza does.

For Scilla's NPC I had to identify what type of meal it was first and then determine whether it was in use, finished, in a Sim's hand and that sort of thing.

http://workshop.woobsha.com/TheDrawingBoard/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=115
Snacks: attribute 3= 3
Cakes: attribute 3= 6

XANA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore, I just wanted to say "Thank you!" for starting work onto dealing with this problem. biggrin

It might not be finished yet, but there is certainly no hurry. I discovered that the fly buzzing noise stays in the same corner and does not move around.

Atuhk thought that this problem moved around...but it has stayed in the same spot -- so it is avoidable by not centering on the void (if I stay centered on the closest room I can't even hear it).

Atuhk, I have not tried debug mode, but once I get a chance to play the game again on the problem house I'll be sure to see what error report that it generates. I think I will be able to check next weekend (12/12/2015) since I am too busy to play The Sims Complete Collection on the current weekend.

I just wanted to say "Thanks!" to everybody for their suggestions! I appreciate it a lot.
If I find anything else out, I'll be sure to check back here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: