Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a list of TSO primitives?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raeven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: a list of TSO primitives? Reply with quote

Before I write to Peter I thought I'd have a search through here to see if I could find a reference list of TSO's primitive - I didn't find one.

Does anyone know if such a list can be found somewhere (and if so where that would be)?

Here, by way of example, is the list for our (offline/classic) Sims game
http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?p=38985#38985

Peter mentioned that some of the same numbers have different meanings in TSO. I've run into that situation while reading through one of his (not-yet-functioning) converted objects and need to know what TSO was trying to do so I can 'translate' it into what our game would want to do

francot514

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe what you really need to know is NIOTSO documentation, it has all the most important TSO files and primitives:
http://wiki.niotso.org/SimAntics#Primitives

Also you should have basic programming languange knowledge, becuase game is written in Sims antics, and for TSO those work kind different.
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Francot. That looks like exactly what I need :)
francot514

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, just for curiosity, what are you trying to do with these documentation, youre interested in tso objects conversions?
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT TO CORRECT:
Yes I am very interested in conversions,
but no, I am not attempting them myself

Peter's kindly converted the blackjack table for me. He found that the older version from 2002 was essentially done like our classic The sims object but it does refer to TSO globals and primitives in a couple of places.

Peter9g wrote:
Looking further back in my TSO files there is an earlier version of the table from 2002 which does not use a semiglobal file, uses mostly TS1 format BHAVs, and looks from the BHAV titles to be a fully functional object. I will look at that one some more later in the week.

When I view the file in IffPencil it shows me the The Sims globals and primitives. By looking at the TSO list I was hoping to understand what what supposed to happy and make it happen here.

This was easily done in one instance where the intention was "Do I own this object?"

I am stuck on the other, however because I have no clue what "Sync Field" (TSO primitive 55) is means. But, thanks to the list you provided, I now know that much and can put it to the side while I work on getting other parts to work in-game. And I imagine there will be others cropping up soon enough so that list and the ones I found at simantics.wikidot.com that also listed generic sims calls will continue to help.

francot514

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can help so much about that, but Iff pencil will show the script of the files based on sims 1 engine, and will ignore the real values from TSO objects, also can be possible some BHAV can not be edited using iff pencil, becuse extra bytes of data will make diferent primitives values..

Quote:
I am stuck on the other, however because I have no clue what "Sync Field" (TSO primitive 55) is means

Like it says, is for Sync objects in online mode..
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to second francot514 - I believe sync field refers probably to the UI elements associated with the objects that would need to be synchronized between the players for the minigames to as expected.
francot514

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also using a modified version of blackjack object, which one is the BHAV that uses Sync field?
Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deal cards (BHAV #4106)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: