Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CTO is down again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Community Updates and Featured Sites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonesie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martha - your point is well taken. And so is yours, Gail. After all, it's been six months, so we now have to broaden our view and look at this situation from every possible angle.
I keep thinking of John/Lollerskates, and the time and uploading expertise he put in - taking time off of his own RL tech job to do so.
I do know the software needed for this upgrade has been bought and paid for, via donations, which included one from me.
But, I'd like to see John at least partially compensated for his generous part in getting CTO up and running again.
However, at this point in time, I honestly do not want to send CTO another donation, towards this goal, until the site is up and running once more. (But I would be MORE than happy to send him a bit of money directly if the site continues to remain dormant...it's only right, and it's only fair...)

I am also wondering if there are a few other, more knowledgeable, CTO members who would be able to take over and finalize the last few steps needed to get the site back on track, and also troubleshoot taking care of post re-entry glitches and bumps as they occur?

I, personally, do not, but maybe someone else does...
kat165

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Gail, I miss you. :)
shannon52

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same, Kat!! I often think about you and wonder how things are with you, that your basement is warm enough for you to carry on playing and building!!

Yeah, Jonesie, Karen, I am really really hoping that the site will be back up BEFORE JM has her operation because surely she, and I would not expect her to, will feel like doing anything with if afterwards for a couple of weeks. The offers of help have been and still are there for her to take up, in whatever form she wishes.

As Alice In WOnderland said, and I quote: "the time, has come, the Walrus said...." (my mum always would come out with this saying, and have us kids gaze at her in confusion and consternation!!) or "time to go, Joe", maybe slightly more on to it these days.

I also will not be donating anything more til I see some results, and I absolutely do not mind helping out financially because I appreciate very much having this website to share builds, questions, advice, encoragement, knowledge and of course the files, which almost fade into the background when I think of how much I have missed flicking in and out and "talking" to you guys! CTO was a gathering place for a lot of people who needed a bit of laughter in their lives and I worry about what has happened to them in this enforced and prolonged absence of contact.

Bless you, Simblesse Oblige, for putting up with those of us lost CTOers who constantly overfill your bandwidth limits with Too Many Questions and comments! We are like visitors who dont know when to go home! Except our home has locked doors and curtains drawn and we wait on the doorstep for someone to let us in, lol!

simtonic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I posted that I was thinking about an avoiding-possibility, because I like my community very much someone has sent an anonymous report to CTO and JM answered with an emotional outburst.

Personally, I avoid dramas, laments and pity parties as the devil avoids the holy water. It's only wasted energy.

So I'm just saying this:
Everything is going to be fine in the end.
If it's not fine it's not the end.

No, not the end :-)

kat165

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Gail, this was a terribly warm winter & I was most miserable sweating downstairs in my basement room. I'd much rather be cold as I can always put on a sweater or two.

Anyway, I miss you all too. I continue to build & hoard dl's like a true simsaholic. Even as the resources grow slim.

Like, Martha, I try to remain positive. :))
jonesie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kat! I hope your basement room is more comfortable now. Here in Oregon, we are in the midst of a heat wave (95++ temps) - unusual for our area. As I type this, I am in my UNDERWEAR!! (Fortunately, I live in a secluded, forested area, so no worries about unexpected visitors knocking at my door! blush )

As for Our Martha, I understand her latest post. In the US, we have a phrase "good cop, bad cop." The good cop takes a positive approach to the issue at hand, and the bad cop's role is to bring up all the negatives. It ends up with an even balance...

Wonderful Martha can be our Good Cop, and I can be our Bad Cop, because I gave up being a Good Cop several weeks ago. My cynicism has gotten the best of me, and I have no problem with that!! jfade's psycho

Soldier on, CTO members, soldier on...
hug
kat165

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Jonesie! Yeah, it's not too pleasant here either weatherwise. And if I lived alone I too would strip down to my undies, too! Today wasn't too bad, but still not to my liking.

You sound well. There are so many people from CTO that I miss & can't wait to connect with once again on a more regular basis.
simtonic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good cop?
No, I'm just the one who is about stopping to revolve around JM and her unreliability.

bogies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame, but I think we're all beginning to feel lost after 6 months of threading water! Martha, I think Joan unfotunately got very defense over your proposition but I think putting something up so we can all get together until cto is back up (if it ever is) would be a great idea! We can't keep using up SO's bandwidth!

As to the weather, it seems that the warmer the winter, the warmer the following summer is going to be. It's been very weird here - snow on April 5th with icicles in my flowering forcynthia bush, then a very short spring, and a hot summer has already started - and I'm up in the mountains!

I do miss all of you and hope you're all well!

hug
kat165

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Karen. Yes, I feel badly about using up all SO's badwidth too. They've been so welcoming to us.

I love the mts. What a great place to live.
jonesie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a very interesting post at Swarm...check it out...

http://z12.invisionfree.com/SWARM/index.php?showtopic=7945&st=0&#entry22038422

thumbsup
zockoyka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just read the thread at Swarm and I couldn't agree more. I miss you all too. I am waiting for our CTO. I am sure it can be restored.

Dear Simblesse Oblige, thank you so much for such great hospitality.
bogies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the post just now and have to agree with everything that was said - something really has to be done about the situation! I don't know what we'd do with without SO and the Swarm so thank you for giving us a home away from home!

Last edited by bogies on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
forestbalrog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hoping to get onto CTO for several months now to download some of the files they had archived there, it's a shame it's been down so long. I get on here every few weeks and check what everyone is saying about the status.
I actually moved and purchased my first home during the past 2 1/2 months. Made an offer, moved out of my townhouse, stayed in a hotel and with my mom, went on a trip while everything went through (renovations, home loan, etc) have gotten the title, cleaned up, moved and settled in. Kind of funny to see that the site still isn't up, and it felt like it took me ages to get into my house! laugh Well, I would love to see CTO come back eventually, or as some other users have said, a new site.
zockoyka

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember CTOccasions, the first CTO forum. When we moved to CTOSims, many threads with great WCIFs, pictures f.e. never got restored. I think I got used to such situation and now I save to my disc everything I can see and I find it useful now or in future (files, pages, and so on) and I don't trust internet promises so much as before sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Community Updates and Featured Sites All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: