Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TSO Curtain Conversion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kopernik

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: TSO Curtain Conversion Reply with quote

Hello,

Could someone help me and convert a object from TSO to TS1 regular game?
I mean "Red Velvet Curtains".
*.spf file in attachment.
Thanks!
Atuhk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look inside the tso curtain file with an object editor... A regular .iff object file has 14 or so resources inside the file. Here's a list:

BCON
BHAVE
BMP_
CTSS
DGRP
FWAV
OBJD
OBJf
PALT
SLOT
SPR2
STR#
TTAB
TTAs

The .spf file you posted only had 4 resources:

BMP_
DGRP
PALT
SPR2

I've never played the sims online so I don't know how it works. The .spf file you posted is 10 resources short of being a workable object file in TS1. I don't know how you compensate for that. Sorry

It might be possible to import the sprites etc to a similar existing TS1 file, but you would have to coordinate the imports with the preexisting resources in the host file.
Kopernik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I forgot about other resources inside the file.
File in attachment.
francot514

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will need more work, that simple doing conversion, some primivites are not used, and the BHAV resources, and strings need to be changed to fit TS1 requeriments..
Kopernik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I convert but work like fence.
Files in attechement.
tq03q9i

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first you must know the TSO curtain isn't an fence£¬it's wallpaper
you can find out download from here:
http://www.starrfoxx.frih.org/TSO/tsomemorial.htm
laugh
Roobs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is a real object. In TSO it's a connecting arch. I'm not sure if it was ever actually made available in the game, since it's quite glitchy. In FreeSO you can find it grouped with the other hidden objects.

Sims can remotely "Raise" the curtains, which allow them to walk through it. When the curtains are down, Sims are obviously blocked from passing through.

tq03q9i

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roobs wrote:
No, this is a real object. In TSO it's a connecting arch. I'm not sure if it was ever actually made available in the game, since it's quite glitchy. In FreeSO you can find it grouped with the other hidden objects.

Sims can remotely "Raise" the curtains, which allow them to walk through it. When the curtains are down, Sims are obviously blocked from passing through.

amaze£¬once i finished mostly TSO converted objects fixes works and convert more objects£¬i will go to start find out TSO hidden objects and convert them rolleyes
Raeven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my! that's quite a nice object. I can already see other uses for it!

But, when it comes to free will, I think you will face the same issue we have with garden gates ... Sims wont even try to open it to pass through it.

When sims are walking somewhere they look for a route that is available.
If they can walk through a tile freely then it can be used. If there is a portal (door) then it can be used.
If an object sits on a tile that a Sim cannot walk through, that tile cannot be used and they do not try to change that (by imagining opening the garden gate, for instance).

So I guess the first question to building the object you want is t figure out how you wish it to work in THIS game. What would you like to replace the incompatible parts (of its function) with?

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been messing with routing and portals and so on for a while now... here's a more detailed look at routing:

If an object is in the same room the sim will walk to it, around furniture assuming there is space. Any object blocking the path will cause route failure.

Doors are coded as portal object but will only be used if the sim is trying to route to another room first. Stairs work in a similar way.

The game sees room 0 as outside on the lawn. Rooms under a specific number (1026?) are the first floor and over that are the second floor.

(Out of world objects may use -1 as a room?)

The game only sees rooms as areas inside walls OR the two fences that can be placed like walls.

What you could do is have the middle sections marked to not block the route and simply let sims pass through the curtain (like in real life you can walk between the panels).

If you wanted to make specific object to have sims preform you could hack them to look at the status of the curtains so that sims don't *want* to route behind them. It depends on what your larger goal is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: