Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Thrill's Sprite Exporter" for Blender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RHY3756547

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: "Thrill's Sprite Exporter" for Blender Reply with quote

I've heard of this tool for EA-Land, and actually used it myself a few years back, but have been completely unable to find it anywhere on the internet. It's mentioned on on an old EA-Land website as "Thrill's Blender Template Collection", and the filename is ThrillsSpriteExporter.zip.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080714132141/http://66.34.205.109/forme/tut-06-3D-intro-1.html

I have a variant of the 3ds max exporter (that doesn't export z-buffers...?), but it would be much easier for everyone if there were a blender one they could use. I thought that one of you might have it stashed away, or know who Thrill is so I can ask him myself! He made this custom chair for EA-Land:

Thanks in advance.
Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhys,
sorry for responding here instead of your forum (I'll make sure do that as well if I can track down the thread that actually has the discussion.), but your post here set me off searching as well and I was eventually able to find this on an old archived page
(The WayBackMachine's copy of http://66.34.205.109/forme/index.html)

Quote:
About this site
This site is intended to be a resource for TSO players interested in custom content. I'm sure a number of people will be intrested in detailed tutorials of how to create custom content. Hopefully this site will help. This site also serves as a learning experience for me. I am new to creating custom content for Sims, but I will use this site to share techniques that I pick-up along the way. I will use only FREE 3rd party software for my examples, so that almost anyone will be able to follow along without purchasing new programs. I am open to comments or suggestions and can be contacted in-game.

Enjoy,
Thrill of EA Land
ThrillHouse of EJ
Thrill of TC3
contact me by email at: ealandtutorials@yahoo.com

*This site is not affiliated with EA / Maxis

No clue if the email address is still active or ever checked (I didn't write to it myself.)

If nothing else the other parts of Thrill's signature might help any google searches (I did see references to Thrill's House a few times but was not able to find anything there)

EDIT: Did eventually give it a try and that email is no longer active.
Quote:
This is an automated message from the mail system.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

The reason for delivery failure is included in the message below.

(blahblahblah) This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: