Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vacation Time for Sims

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirseahorse

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Vacation Time for Sims Reply with quote

Firstly, this has been a crazy adventure for me, trying to find a solution to my problem, which has landed me here. I didn't know there were forums like this one that were still active! Anyway, with nowhere else to go, I turn here.

Recently I dug up the hard drive of an old laptop I used to play Sims 1 on all the time. Remembering how many mods I had, I decided to copy the Downloads folder from my hard drive to my current computer. Most of the mods work just like I remember, except for the one I would really like to use.

It's a painting that allows your sims to skip work for as long as you have a "holiday" active. I remember it working well, but when I tried to use it in a new game, my sim just got fired for missing work :(

Does anyone know of any other mods that could do something like this, or where I could even try and redownload this mod? I remember downloading it from a Yahoo group (that also featured a download for a working pregnancy system) but I doubt it's up anymore, so I was wondering if there were any alternatives available or any way to try and get this mod to work.

I've attached some pictures, I wonder if anyone else is familiar with this old mod?

Thalia

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... Damon used to have a calendar that gave people weekends off. It's here somewhere, let me see if I can find a link...

http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=10290&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Should be in that thread somewhere. :)

Also, do I know you? ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That painting comes from a yahoo group called Simfully.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/simfully3/files/Paintings%20Of%20Power%20/Holiday%20Paintings/

It is possible that it was never made to work with Makin' Magic. That was about the time that Mark (cathair_2000) left the Sims Community

You might have better luck with the updated Calendar files which combines the Holidays with pregnancy and real estate paintings. If I remember correctly he worked on that last out of all of the "paintings of power". But it was also still considered beta while he awaited feedback from people
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/simfully3/files/Paintings%20Of%20Power%20/

Another alternative:
somsimthings.com has a neat hack that allows sims to call in sick. It has to be done each day. works wonderfully
http://www.somesimthings.com/Job/01Job.htm

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stuff is at my new site, now.

http://white.leadpipecollection.net/?q=node/200

André

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This calendar is very cool! All my homes now have one, Damon .
Sometimes it does not work ( the kids have school on Saturday sometimes). But along with Simslice weather machine is one of my favorite hacks.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

André wrote:
This calendar is very cool! All my homes now have one, Damon .
Sometimes it does not work ( the kids have school on Saturday sometimes). But along with Simslice weather machine is one of my favorite hacks.

The calendar updates at midnight so if you place it on a Sunday that is a known bug. Otherwise it should work pretty well.

As a side note, here's the picture on the calendar, Yes I'm in it: http://imgur.com/ArDIcw6

sirseahorse

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all the help, you guys! I'm going to try out Damon's calendar the next time I play. I'm so psyched that that Yahoo group is still up! I assumed, like most other Sims 1 sites, it had been lost to the ages.
André

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good! biggrin

Now I downloaded the new version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: