Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A mod that hides speech bubbles and plumbbobs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_Winko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: A mod that hides speech bubbles and plumbbobs? Reply with quote

I was wondering if someone could create a mod/hack for the sims 1 that hides the speech bubbles when the sims talk and that also hides the plumbbob. it'd be very useful.

If anyone could make one. It'd be very appreciated :)
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone had a replacement invisible plumbob but I can not for the life of me remember who or where.

As for speech bubbles I swore there was a cheat but maybe that is sims 2 only.

Joe_Winko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore wrote:
I think someone had a replacement invisible plumbob but I can not for the life of me remember who or where.

Oh ok :( well, Maybe I could make one :) but I'm not sure what files I would need to edit to make the plumbob invisible though.

DamonDamore wrote:
As for speech bubbles I swore there was a cheat but maybe that is sims 2 only.

that is the "showheadlines off" cheat, but that's only for the sims 2 :( unless there's one for the sims 1 that I don't know of.
purplewowies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I remembered an object... but I was thinking of the Yikyak objects that do THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

But still... I remember one that could do it at least temporarily...
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this.

Extract it to the The Sims\ExpansionShared folder.

I did made this with my CC game, but it looks like the plumbob was last updated in superstar.

zosa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

removal of the plumbob is something i did not even know i wanted until someone asked if it could be done XD
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else helped me test and I have flavors for all the bobs in the game. You can pick-and-choose which bobs you want to see.

http://white.leadpipecollection.net/?q=node/232

zosa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just peeked in at your site and i remembered something i was wanting to ask, is there any in-game items to change the 'normal' outfits for townies and stranges and the like? i mean i love my transgender supermodel sim but at the same time i reeeeaaaally am not digging that at least one really old dude is wearing a miniskirt or a floorlength maxi dress in each of my neighborhoods

for the record my editor is not code-compatible with my laptop. it's already really janky trying to run win7 with win8+ hardware and several 98/xp-compatble programs/emulators and downloading the right stuff to make either one work messes up my art program's ability to save without corruption

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use SimWardrobe which I do have working on Windows 7.
Your other option would be to open the IFF and change it by hand.

The other thing you could do is use a Teleporter, Inge's Sim Controller from Simlogical and one of the C&C Dressers (Simlogical also has a teleporter). Bring the sim to the lot, take control of them then use the C&C Dresser's new outfit function. I haven't tried it but I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work. Of course in order for the game to save a townie/strange/whatever you need to form a relationship with them or it will nix them and generate a new one next time you load up your game which could be wearing the dress...

There are some other things you could potentially try if you want to work at the problem from the other end, though.

zosa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simwardrobe will not function for me, neither will simcat or simmeta x___x again, my hardware is too new for the software i am already using and dropping in ocx files makes it even more unstable

what other options could i try outside of making a dummy sim to befriend over a hundred npcs with? XD

purplewowies

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an account at CTO, I believe you can mess with them with SimEnhancer. Dunno if it'll work for you, but I believe it's an option if it does work.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could use an object to change your trans sim's gender, dress him in female clothes then change him back. I believe that the clothing genders are only checked on assignment.

If the meshes are unsuitable for actual females you could give them a nonstandard name and crack open the iff and assign special skins just to him.

zosa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually don't mind the outfits being standard and for sure they are not suitable for female sims(and even if they were i would not want random female npcs wearing those outfits either. they are entirely custom for that sim), besides i learned from my monster sims that that would also be impracticable and cumbersome XD

i am going to assume i just have to regularly purge a dozen or so npcs every week like have been XD

purplewowies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zosa wrote:
i am going to assume i just have to regularly purge a dozen or so npcs every week like have been XD

Heh, this reminds me of when I would invite whole families from Vacation Island whose names I didn't like onto my lot, just to put them in a room with Inge's Killer Clown painting. laugh

Occasionally, I'd do the opposite if I liked the family's name and wanted to move them to the main neighborhood. XD
zosa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD i am partial to the fire vase, you can do off like 20 sims in a go there

as a pacifist who mostly avoids any game where killing is needed to play i do a lot of sim-based murdering XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: