Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims 1 accessory mesh texture isn't showing up? help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_Winko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Sims 1 accessory mesh texture isn't showing up? help? Reply with quote

I was trying to make my bandana in the sims 1. but it isn't showing up right... the texture is missing. here's what i looks like in the game.

this is the true texture it's supposed to be showing:

did i do something wrong? does anyone know how i can fix this? please help. i attached the skn file so someone can look through it and see what i did wrong with it.
But if you need more information, just let me know..

please help <3

here's the link to the skn file: http://www.4shared.com/file/7tq6DfdGce/bandanaJoeWinko.html
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your BMP is 256 colors then the problem lies with your mesh.

In your SKN file make sure the BMP's file name (without the .bmp part) is filled in exactly on the second line.
Sometimes people put an x on that line instead which can work for wardrobe and headmeshes, but does not always work out for props or NPCs.

If this is meant to be part of the Sim's mesh itself (so shows up in the Create A Sim window) You might also need to include the joint name in your SKN's file name (or -HEAD-BANDANNA or -HEAD-HEAD or -HEAD-HAT ... you get the idea) or whatever joint you've attached the hat to.
Some computers require this, others work ok without that.

Joe_Winko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven wrote:
If your BMP is 256 colors then the problem lies with your mesh.

how do i check to see if the bmp is 256 colors? im not sure if it is.

Raeven wrote:

In your SKN file make sure the BMP's file name (without the .bmp part) is filled in exactly on the second line.
Sometimes people put an x on that line instead which can work for wardrobe and headmeshes, but does not always work out for props or NPCs.

If this is meant to be part of the Sim's mesh itself (so shows up in the Create A Sim window) You might also need to include the joint name in your SKN's file name (or -HEAD-BANDANNA or -HEAD-HEAD or -HEAD-HAT ... you get the idea) or whatever joint you've attached the hat to.
Some computers require this, others work ok without that.

this is what the skn file looks like. and yeah, it's attached to the head. the mesh it's self shows up fine in the game. it's just the texture for it isnt showing up.

UPDATE:

i got it to work! i had to lower the bitrate of the image... i found out how to do that in the last post here:
http://www.justskins.com/forums/saving-as-8-bit-263217.html

thanks Raven <3 :) you helped <3
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Congrats :)
Joe_Winko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven wrote:
Awesome! Congrats :)

here's a picture of the finish product :)
I used it for the white skin instead because the tan skin was too dark. even though my true ethnicity is native hawaiian/african american, that's what wisconsin sunlight does too you :P lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: