Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nattiejim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Quick question... Reply with quote

Hello!

I just started picking up object hacking, and I'm trying to find out how to recolor objects to avoid confusion with whatever they're cloned from.

Also, seeing how the website for Transmogrifier seems to be down, how would I go about getting a magic cookie?

Thanks in advance!
zosa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

recoloring requires transmogrifier and an art program of choice, sorry
nattiejim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zosa wrote:
recoloring requires transmogrifier and an art program of choice, sorry

I already downloaded Transmogrifier from somewhere else, it's the magic cookie I can't seem to find out about. As for the art programs, I can't seem to open the IFF files. (I've tried Photoshop and Paint.NET so far.) Is there another file I'm supposed to edit to do the recolor? Thanks!
zosa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, gotcha

you open transmorgifier, find the item you want to clone, clone it and export the image file, then you recolor the bmps that are generated, save them then import them back into transmorgifier

it's pretty simple actually but you have to use transmorgifier to make bmps and you have to use it again to convert them back into proper iffs

Raeven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no longer a script assigning magic cookies so you pretty much have to make one up yourself and hope no one else is using it.
You can reduce the chances that someone else is using it a little by checking the number that you pick against the magic cookie database that was set up at this yahoo group
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/magiccookie/info
Obviously you'll only be able to check your cookie against those of us who signed up there, but it is a start.

For the rest of it check out the Progressive tutorials at Bunny Wuffles School of Transmogrification
http://bwsost.woobsha.com/#ProgressiveTutorials

An old photoshop is used as the graphics program there so if you are using something else you'll need to "translate" some of the terms and techniques. The basics are all the same, though.

You may be able to use this quick reference we put together to help with that
http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=512

That is found in the Novice Nook section of this forum.

If you use GIMP you might also want to check out Annette's
TUTORIAL: Beginner Object Making with Gimp
It is old so does not use the latest version of GIMP. If you do you'll need to make sure you save the sprites using the correct settings as shown here
http://workshop.woobsha.com/TheDrawingBoard/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173

Paint.NET can certainly be used instead. I just don't know of any tutorials that use it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: