Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making an object sit on the floor only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thalia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Making an object sit on the floor only Reply with quote

I've cloned a box from the C&C anywhere dresser; the problem is that the original object will sit on multiple surfaces, and I don't want my new one to. I've found information about how to add heights to objects, but I can't figure out how to do it in reverse. I'm on a Mac so using IffSnooper. Am I correct in assuming that in IffPencil you'd add (or subtract) the lines for the heights you wanted (or didn't want)? I've found the Resource>BHAV ID#4103 init Common which looks like the right place, but clicking on Edit BHAV in the lower left gets me to a screen that doesn't look like it helps. The only resource in BCON is ID#4097 Tuning and I don't know what that means.

Resource>SLOT ID 128 gets me to a screen that does have heights on it; I can edit that to height 4 (which is the height for ground listed in BHAV ID#4103), but it only seems to affect slot 0 and not slot 1 (and in testing it in game it will still sit on multiple surfaces). I can also export the hex and see where I would edit it to set the slot 1 height to 04, but the import SLOT tab on the SLOT Edit Screen is greyed out and I don't know how to get to it.

First of all, am I even in the right place? And if I am, how do I change the height?

bhav1.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  bhav1.jpg
 Filesize:  93.7 KB
 Downloaded:  39 Time(s)

editbhav.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  editbhav.jpg
 Filesize:  58.13 KB
 Downloaded:  34 Time(s)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, a pic of the box and the box itself. I know I'm starting from a hacked base so I imagine that's making things more complicated.

lilbox.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.6 KB
 Viewed:  919 Time(s)

lilbox.jpg

TMTEgyptianCnCChest1.iff.zip
 Description:
The zip

Download
 Filename:  TMTEgyptianCnCChest1.iff.zip
 Filesize:  38.43 KB
 Downloaded:  32 Time(s)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a cute Egyptian chest! clap

Why worry about the height? I guess you can just put it on the floor, so I would not see a problem there. But I understand you don't want to have it other heights, too. Sorry, I am not on Mac and cannot give you advice, Thalia.

Thalia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's a bit big to go on say an end table--the legs hang off and look funny--but also I don't want to have to mess with the z-buffers, which are perfect when it's on the floor but terrible on a surface. (I really will go to ridiculous lengths to avoid dealing with them!)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need to do anything in the SLOT resource.

the init BHAV is correct. To disable the lines that you do not want, you must change the TRUE and FALSE returns of the lines leading TO the unwanted lines, so they skip over them.
Going by your second image that would be the field reading "next line if true"

My guess is that you would highlight line 7 and enter "A" (or "0A" or 10) in its "next line if true".

Then you would highlight line 10 ("A") and change it's "next line if true" to ... well something. the first screenshot doesn't show what comes after all of the height lines.

A side comment: If your Z's are perfect on the floor they should also be perfect when your object is placed in a container slot. The game compensates so any object that goes on a surface must always be done as if it is sitting on the floor. Otherwise there would be issues with any object that sit on a variety of surfaces.

Thalia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Raeven, that helped a lot.

The z-buffer is fine on the floor, but wasn't on the others I assume because I am super lazy when it comes to z's and usually just use the Bunny Wuffles far jpg template thing. I figure if something isn't being interacted with (like a plate put on top of it or a sim grabbing a doorknob), all the game really needs to know is if sims pass in front of it. So I use that, which is basically the floor and the two far walls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: