Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about #-in-1 objects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Martha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Questions about #-in-1 objects Reply with quote

Is there a limit to the number of grafics that can be put in the file? I've been making a bunch of posters of TV shows that I want to bundle together,but they're all different. One has 7,another has 30 (I can split that into 10's if need be.) I tried to make a 6-in-1 poster into 7 and it kind of worked,there was just 1 that wouldn't show up until I had bought a bunch of the others. I changed the no. of grafics in the OBJD,added the DGRP,PALT,and SPR2 and imported the different pics. Is there something else I have to change in the BHAVs?
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, there is no technical limit.

What you need to change depends entirely on the base. With some of N-in-1 items that I made I purposely coded it to look at the number of graphics, but most of the bases are not like that.

Is this base one that you can upload? If I can look inside I can tell you exactly what needs to be changed.

Mary Martha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I cloned one of your items.but I'm not sure. It's a readable food poster with rvn in the OBDJ description.
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely correct; This one is coded to use the number of graphics as stated in the OBJD. I don't see any reason why it would not show a 7th poster. Everything certainly looks like it is in order to me.

I tried to take a look in-game to see if the 7th one would show for me but could not find it in the buymode-catalog anywhere. I'll chalk that up to being too tired or perhaps you've catted them for non-residential catalogs only?

Mary Martha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have it categorized for non-residential lots and forgot to change it. The 7th poster (the one with the clouds) does show up,but only after I've bought like 15 other posters. And then they get out of order when I try to get a second one. I know it's not a big deal,but if I try to make an item with more graphics,is it going to do the same thing but worse because of the number?
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not supposed to show up in order. It is 'random'.
As such, yes, the more choices there are, the lower the chance any individual one is going to show up.

Last edited by Raeven on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested I think there's a practical limit of 65,792 drawgroups for each object as that's the highest value that can be passed to set object graphic. Though Maxis seems to discourage more than 100 grawgroups per object tile.

Both are still far above your limits, though! laugh

Honestly I would split the 30 just for sanity reasons, though since as you already discovered objects tend to pick a random graphic and a 1 in 10 chance of having the one you want is better than a 1 in 30 chance. smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: