Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deco items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Deco items Reply with quote

There are some fabulous new items out there for Sims 1, now that I can play it again.
I know some people use invisible beds, etc to make the deco beds work. Is there any reason I shouldn't make these into, for example, working beds/chairs etc? (not sure how hard that would be, but would a graphics swap do it?) Of course I would presumably want to check with the creator before uploading them but for my own use? Some of them are so beautiful.

I do love making things and decorating, but I also enjoy actually PLAYING with the Sims, at least some of the time.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.

Last edited by Sita on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z buffers is the only real reason.
The Z's used in old deco stuff was usually just trickery - COMPLETELY wrong for the object. Being able to avoid the Z buffers is one of the big reasons these items started being made as deco in the first place. (Ignoring the other sleep states was another reason)

Chances are that the graphics resources' id#s (DRGP, SPR, PALT) will need changing - after all a deco bed has 1 graphic state while a functioning bed uses more. But that isn't a reason to not convert them into functioning items.

I made a bed base designed specifically to encourage creators to create functioning beds instead of deco beds but the laws of inertia are strong - folks prefer to keep doing what they are doing. That base might be a good one to use for any double beds you wish to convert
http://woobsha.com/hackedbases-all.html

I never uploaded a semi-deco single bed because, if I remember correctly, Aponee made one. I want to say her egyptian bed?

Sita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I'll run off and get that.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: