Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enabling postcards for Old Town

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corrupt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Enabling postcards for Old Town Reply with quote

So I recategorized the postcard display to show up on Old Town community lots and changed the requirement for the lot type (by editing the main BHAV and replacing the vacation lot type check with "(glob:) Allow On Community Only").

Now I want to edit the community postcard mailbox so that it would allow sims to send postcards on non-vacation lots.
What should I edit in order to do that?

Or - did somebody already made a similar project that allows to send postcards anywhere?
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if your sim has a postcard in their inventory the mailbox already works on other community lots.
Corrupt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore wrote:
I think if your sim has a postcard in their inventory the mailbox already works on other community lots.

I'm not sure about other community lots, but in the Old Town it doesn't. At least, for me.
zosa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, i am too dumb to help but this is a question i actually have had(that is, is there any way to get a postcard-usable mailbox in old-town or downtown)
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the mailbox code and nothing actually checks for a lot type (Actually, the send postcard function does check for lot type but continues anyway even if it is not a vacation lot!). The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the game is not finding any valid neighbors to mail a postcard to.

It could be a quirk of how the game checks but I am not seeing any reason why it should matter, looking at the object's script.

Corrupt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
for some reason the game is not finding any valid neighbors to mail a postcard to

Oh my... you are right! For some reason I forgot to check if my test-sim knew anyone at all. Thank you so much laugh now it's working.
--

Here's an upload for people who would like to be able to buy postcards while in Old Town/Downtown (of course, the Vacation island is still working). The postcard display should be available in Shops/Misc (794).

I installed mine in \ExpansionPack4, since it's an override of a sort.

Keep in mind that sims usually send all of the beach postcards first, then forest, then winter.

Download
francot514

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post cards should be compatible from all above, but don know if for Hotdate.
Corrupt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francot514 wrote:
Post cards should be compatible from all above, but don know if for Hotdate.

Are you talking about game addons compatibility? Because in the normal game you can't buy postcards anywhere except for Vacation island.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: