Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims 1 in 3D
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
purplewowies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I tried to play around with it today since I had free time. Simitone crashes for now (but I might have gotten overzealous and started it before I was sure everything was laid out to work XP) and FreeSO hangs on the last part of installation (it seems to sit forever on "extracting client files"). jfade's psycho

Maybe I just need to be more patient. rolleyes

EDIT: Well. Got FreeSO working. Simitone still crashes... hmm... (I can think of a couple reasons it might, but if I'm to assume it loads stuff in the same order as the "real" game, that narrows it down)

EDIT 2: Yay! I got in! laugh So it turns out it doesn't need Complete Collection specifically, just the equivalent? (Unless this "crashing when I enter a house" thing has anything to do with that... but that's probably just my whiny computer instead. *makes sure I didn't miss something critical*)

EDIT 3: I didn't miss anything critical. It just won't load the lot in 3D mode. Even an empty lot. Oh well. 2D is still cool. And this whole process let me know I could get in. *moves files back to proper places so I have all the cool stuff that Simitone can't handle yet*
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey! I missed this.
If you ever pop back into FreeSO (the live server, I mean, rather than a sandbox lot) give me a shout! I'd love to goof around with you in there! I'd have posted notice about soe of the intresting events if I knew anyone here had it running (most recently a lay was put on in-game. Wizard of Oz. Loved it!!)

No update to Simitone yet, but Rhys reports LOTS of changes and improvements. He wont be updating until you can save your game properly.

You should be able to load the lots in 3D mode, though. I'm afraid I've not really kept up with any of the trouble shooting because it is too Alpha Version for me (I used to test Alphas but now I wait for Beta Testing) but I can try asking. Better still, if you have Discord you can ask in the #Simitone-Chat channel.

(I was not happy to have Yet Another Thing to join, but Discord turned out to be rather brilliant. I don't regret that. Anyone already using Skype or Stark any of the others might be more annoyed about Yet Anothering but I'd avoided ALL of those.)

There's also a SimiTone announcements channel but, of course, not much to announce

Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH and look! Someone did remesh the canning station LOL

André

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good!! biggrin
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS I hadn't realized that I didn't share this link with you guys

If you are curious to see how the Remeshing project is going, there's a thread at the FreeSO forum for everyone to post what they've done so far. Each person creates their own thread and posts pictures of it

http://forum.freeso.org/forums/3d-remeshing.40/

Or, for anyone in a hurry, here's the collage pic showing several (but not all) of the objects

(LOL laugh I forgot about the hottub's red light. Colored lighting is another FreeSO feature. the actual model is normal colored)

It is always wild to me to see the items in 3D. I didn't play Sims2 or higher (well a tiny bit but it crashed too much and 3 crashed too much so I gave up without perusing it and stuck with Sims1) so I realize this will all have less "wow" factor for any of you that have seen the Sims in 3D in those games.

I've learned quite a lot about the basics of 3D modeling. That's been fun. I am not sure if I can refine it and become good enough to start making more objects. That would really be nice.

purplewowies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie.

...This looks better than those games. :P Except the canning station looked better before... she said, lying through her teeth.

(I should think about retrying Simitone when I'm not working off three hours' sleep and also think about trying FreeSO... at all.)
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like FreeSO but I felt like I didn't really fit in with the people who were on at the same time as me, so I lost interest.

That said if some people from here wanted to play with me I would start again.

Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understandable. Lots of kids playing :)
I just ignore my actual age and Granny it up laugh

I'm holding off on trying SimiTone until after the next time he updates. It isn't for playing at all right now, just for checking out how it is coming along.

purplewowies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was just wondering if I could manage getting it to not crash. jfade's psycho

*looks in my schedule to see if I can find time to play with FreeSO at all*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: