Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12th Night Feast set
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> 12th Night Goodies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtaman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: 12th Night Feast set Reply with quote

The knights from the MaKT challenge got together for a Yule 12th Night celebration and we are pleased to bring you the objects for your game.

A set of 4 medieval BigTop table sections to mix and match with the MaKT tables, a matching Buffet table/sideboard with 5 custom meals, an Evergreen decorated castle torch, 3 Evergreen swags for the tables, and a Plum Cake with a special surprise!

Click picture for a bigger view.

A tremendous thank you to the creators involved in making this set possible:
Raeven of SSoW, Ruth of Bag of Tricks, Mtaman, and the other mods for their support and encouragement.
mtaman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More screenshots from various mods.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that the set looked great until I put it into my game during the testing phases - and found out that it was glorious!

I've been playing with it on all kinds of lots - even though I play so little that all my lots are in some way test lots. It took this set (and all the great knight skins so many of you contributed to the Make A Knight Tonight Challenge here) to get me playing for hours.

If you're just getting into medieval theme play with this set, you might want to remember to get yourself some knights from the challenge thread. http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=801
Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buffet table and it's 5 meals have been reuploaded.

The EP checks have now been corrected so it now works with HouseParty properly. No need for anyone else to redownload.

Raeven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a common problem, I'm afraid.

The Vacation Isle and Studio Town janitors do dishes since Maxis made Buffet tables for those areas. Downtown's podium create a busboy to take care of those dishes. But the Old Town lots and Magic town lots were intended to have Food carts and those leave o dishes behind. The cleaning staff on both have never been instructed to look for or clean dishes. And the staff on Vacation Isle and Studio Town tend to have so many chores that dishes can pile up there anyway.

Some sites offer some extra staff to help out.
My own site has two versions. One is a busboy like the busboys that came with hot date. Works exactly the same way but a slightly different look.
The other is a medieval scullery maid. This one can also be used on residential lots to do "light" housecleaning (which is actually everything except making beds and scrubbing plumbing)
http://www.woobsha.com/serviceNPCs.html

One problem with my busboy is that I used a stainless steel dishwasher as the NPC generator. It seemed logical as he needs a dish washing object but later realized it'd look pretty bad to have 4 dishwashers just to get four busboys. At this time I learned another site had made a busboy . This one is spawned by a plant so you can have as many as you like around the lot and it wont look at all strange. Very Cool
http://balamb.sakura.ne.jp/mt/simpre/archives/2005/10/post_26.html

I also made a different busboy spawner in response to a request that is a health certificate one hangs on the wall. That one is only available from the SSoW Yahoo group.

Bag of Tricks2 also has a really fabulous scullery maid, Durien, as part of the Savage Tiki theme.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bag_of_tricks2/

Hmmm I know there are other Service NPCs around but those are the only that come immediately to mind.

eisbaer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cloned Reavens Scullery Made. My vision is a little bit more bloody :) because it's a vampire ;)

A plant that makes busboys, OMG--->off to see, thank you!

Katemm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Raeven....

Your solutions to my problem are right on the money, and I like the idea that I can use the NPCs at home, too. Nice work!!!

I'm a happy camper biggrin
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ posted that she's having a couple of problems with this Buffet Table.
I have split that post off to it's own thread in the Hacker's Hideout:
http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=1714
So we could troubleshoot and solve without adding another page to this thread laugh

Here's the post describing the problems she ran into:

MJ wrote:
I'm glad my sister is a happy camper (hi, Kate), because....

Starters, the peacock table is beautiful, and it does a wonderful job of letting people sit down and have a meaningful conversation (one that will actually improve their relationship) at the dinner table. But....

Ever since I put it in the game, I've had troubles in the Community Lots. Not the maid issue, unless too many people show up (I think the maid refusing to do dishes must be connected to later expansions, because I'm currently playing on a machine that has only up to Unleashed installed, while I know Kate has CC installed, and the Old Towne maid has no trouble doing dishes, unless she's overwhelmed by bathrooms). But once in a while, ever since I put the peacock table in the game and use it to provide decent food in Old Towne, characters get stuck on community lots. They start to do something, then up where it's showing their current actions, a picture of an end table shows up, and they stop doing whatever they were about to do. Doesn't matter if they chose it themselves or you told them to do it. They can't even choose to call a cab and go home. I cursored over the thing, and discovered that it says "leave world." I can have them leave Old Towne without using the trolley (and lose their relationship changes), and they'll go home okay, but this is rather disturbing.

Now, the reason I think this may be connected to that table is because of another thing I've seen with it in residential lots. If the Robomaid (the one that comes with the game) cleans up the table, after the food has been removed but before it's disposed of, she disappears. Has the rings show up around her like someone being abducted by aliens. So far, it hasn't affected the Sims on the residential lot, but something weird is going on here, and it only happens in places where the peacock table is in use. And if I remove the table from the game, neither problem happens.

Is this just me? Am I nuts for thinking the the table might be involved???

mtaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.parsimonious.org/furniture/dining/7.shtml for a boar's head platter of food and a deco whole roast hog in the Whythern Hall Witengemot dining set
Owlsongster

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely incredible *big smiles*. I grabbed it with both hands (ok i downloaded it with several clicks) THANK YOU.
hobbitwife

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so love this set!! I had to re-download it because my very hacked & customized LotR/Medieval game crashed & I'm starting all over again! Sigh!!!
That Japanese site was interesting. I had some prbs digging thru it but there were some cool items there!
Thank you for this & make more if you feel so inclined!!! biggrin
hug thumbsup

genietwo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this spectacular set. Beautiful!
Andrasta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another year, another Twelvenight - Raeven, Ruth, Mtaman - what a splendid set! thanks2 notworthy
bluesage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Thanks to you All !! clap:
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clap It is lovely to see people still enjoying it! It's always been one of my favorite sets - the whole set, the feast and the fun. The artists did such a great job and the outfits Bruja made for the minstrels (hands down my favorite entertainment NPCS) still blow me away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> 12th Night Goodies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: