Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Heirloom Home" Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ollyb123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was made with CC installed and many downloads. Use at your own risk.

Last edited by ollyb123 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
sim_addicted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: A little help please Reply with quote

Can I still join? Because this is really the only challenge still available. I'm not 100% sure what I have to do though... I need to make a house using downloaded things.....ok, i'm quite lost.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: A little help please Reply with quote

sim_addicted wrote:
Can I still join? Because this is really the only challenge still available. I'm not 100% sure what I have to do though... I need to make a house using downloaded things.....ok, i'm quite lost.

All our challenges are still open, so feel free to play with any of them. smile A lot of them are intended as first projects for people learning new creation skills, or new ways to use skills they developed for other custom content making. So it would be silly for us ever to close them, since new members keep joining us.

For this challenge, go to the first post in this thread. There is a link to the Yahoo group 'SimSummer'. Go there, and download the house specified:
Quote:

4. Patchover has been kind enough to allow the use of one of her (base game only required) lots. Download Lot 1 from Blue Patty's (TS, not LL) folder at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SimSummer/

This house was specially made on a computer with only the base game installed, so it will work in any game.

Then follow the rest of the rules in the first post in this thread, which include placing certain Maxis objects in the house as you furnish and decorate it.

Come back and show us your house. yes

sim_addicted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's just one problem.

Where do I put the house!?!?
ruthml

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You put the house into any user data 'hood that you'd like the house to be in. It will overwrite the existing house so that when you go into the game you'll see the house there on the lot, ready to decorate. Of course make sure you don't overwrite a lot that has a family you play with.

mtaman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't harm the family in any way, just give them a new house.
hogge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: The House of Onryo Reply with quote

After doing 'Flip This House' at N99 and 'Shotgun Sisters' at My House, I have decided to start a whole neighbourhood of challenge homes which are all stylistically similar, as if built as part of the same subdivision in the postwar years and then renovated. So the Heirloom Home challenge was a perfect fit, and is now the largest of the houses so far...

With its grand site in the hills, this inheritance seemed a perfect opportunity for further investment by a successful hedge fund broker and his young family looking to settle at an established old town address, within easy commuting distance of downtown via train. But after completing the grand renovation, the family shockingly left the home after only a few weeks of habitation following the husband's sudden death...

The House of Onryo

whistle An 'Onryo' is a vengeful spirit in Japanese folklore - often figuring in Noh dramas.

Last edited by hogge on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sita

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: hahahah done this before and completely forgot! Reply with quote

I was looking through the board and saw this challenge and thought - could be fun! I've already done it but will go again :)

watch this space for my next attempt... looking at the last one you might expect to need sunglasses for it laugh will try to make this more tasteful.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sita

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is my latest offering. Please follow this link for pictures... each pic can be made fullscreen by clicking on it so you can see the details.

http://www.simechoes.org/sims1/challenges/heirloom.htm

It was a lot of fun. I made the house taller, with a balcony. And as you can see, I played it through rather than motherloding.

thumbsup thanks for the challenge!

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed that, Sita. Thank you.

I missed the previous entry, and the pictures have been removed. sad

hogge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruja, the album's there, i just can't figure out how to post images and links. even after reading the faq. i suppose i should have just asked... blush

EDIT: Took another crack at it, noticed 'disable BBCode' was checked... tomato
ollyb123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The participation gift is still avilible yes? rolleyes

*downloads house and starts the sims in about 2 seconds flat*

ollyb123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my second entry, seeing as I forgot I made a first and didn't get the gift...

!!!!!!!!!!!!WORD OF WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was made using CC and many downloads. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. If in doubt, ASK THE MODERATORS or DO NOT DOWNLOAD

Last edited by ollyb123 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olly, I'll make sure that you do get the gift!

Would you be a dear, and make at least one preview pic of each of your houses in this contest in the threads, along with the zip, please?

Even better, if you have the time, take several pictures and upload them to an album made just for the contest pictures, at Photobucket or a similar service.

Since you have 2 challenge entries, a separate album for each would keep sleepy members from getting confused!

ollyb123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos for my second entry, not my first. Picture 2 is not included on purpose.

EDIT: Updated file when I accidentally put in the text file for picture 19 and not the actual image.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: