Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Herr Burgermeister's NbhD Screen Shots1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Herr Burgermeister's NbhD Screen Shots1 Reply with quote

Some of you have expressed an interest in seeing my neighbourhoods. While time is a fleeting commodity for me, I have been able to take some screen shots of my more played neighbourhoods; and, at some point, there will be slideshows with greater details.
For now, please excuse the meagre offering.

And if you're wondering, yes, I do my own screen graphics.

A SpacE OdditY - Home to the Sim version of the band, 30 Seconds To Mars.

Home For the Holidays - Based on the USA holiday calendar. Take notice of the single looping road ;-)

Medieval Madness - Some of you may recognise a few of the building layouts from Marina’s St. Augustine group. I'm not above downloading a building, and then personalizing it for myself. (This screen is a modification of Highlands by alle-meine-sims.de
(Note: This nbhd has undergone an intense remodeling due to loss from puter crash. So what you see is now history. wink )

Ravenloft - Based on the RPG Ravenloft, published by TSR back in the early '90s. Due to the building level restrictions, some modifications to floor plans had to be made, ergo, the two lower levels of Ravenloft Castle are a separate building called the Hall of Weeping, located on Lot2.
(Note: This one is history also. It went in the same crash. rolleyes )

All of these neighbourhoods are still under construction, although the only thing remaining for Ravenloft is to turn a few more lots into forrest. *Big Grin*

Last edited by herr burgermeister on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FABULOUS!
Love those custom neighborhoods!
And I, too, happily use Marina's medieval lots. They're exceptional for downloaded lots, aren't they?
herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17mars wrote:
FABULOUS!
Love those custom neighborhoods!
And I, too, happily use Marina's medieval lots. They're exceptional for downloaded lots, aren't they?

*nods*

Hers, and Bunny Wuffles. I love Bunny. She and I share a love of architecture. My problem, I just can't translate it into meshes and bitmaps to make virtual buildings.

I attempted the TRS Building Contest last year (or was it the year before?) and completely failed. My submission-to-be: City Hall (Independence Hall), Philadelphia, PA. Since I live here, and practically have the building in my backyard (Been there MANY times), I thought it onyl fitting as a submission. The problem - getting that 3rd/4th level bell/clock tower. I completed the first two floor and the grounds, but that tower was a bit of a bugger. So I gave up.
Yorumi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprise Woah, those screens are wonderful. I found the outer space one especiallly impressive. I wouldn't have thought of that.
ruthml

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the different screens - marvellous details - the outer space one is superb. Although I'm not familiar with Ravenloft I love how it looks. thank you for showing those, I'm in awe!

Evalynda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ! How is't possible to do that ? It's fantastic ! notworthy

I cannot say wich I prefer ... surprise

Heu, perhaps "Ravenloft" ? Because I love colours (and the big bridges) ? whistle

Or "Home For the Holidays", with the single looping road (and the beautiful lanscape snow landscape) ? whistle

Or ... "Medieval Madness", without looping road (it's better for epoch ! laugh ) ? whistle

I don't know, I don't know ... no
herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words.

The desire for custom screens actually began with Ravenloft. I found alle-meine-sims.de's screens somewhere (please don't ask where, that was a couple years ago), purchased the right to download the then set of five, and used those for the Medieval, Polynesian and Ancient World nbhds. However, when it came around that I decided to reproduce my favourite RPG in Sim form, there wasn't a decent screen to be had. So, I opened up the Highlands file in PSP7 and went from there. I still have not mastered the pink mask to do custom animations (replace Nessie with a flying saucer), but I'm working on it.

Also, as I said, the nbhds are NOT complete. Holidays still has St. Patrick's, Easter, and Thanksgiving to be constructed, and the community lot across from the Channukah/Christmas access road will be Time Square, New York for New Year's. The Space nbhd, when complete will be filled and walled to give the impression of a domed space platform - at least, that's the plan. wink
patos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! notworthy

Just building a house takes me a month or more. Don't think I would ever finish anything of that magnitude.

Those are fabulous.

Evalynda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

herr burgermeister wrote:
... I decided to reproduce my favourite RPG ??????? in Sim form, there wasn't a decent screen to be had. So, I opened up the Highlands file in PSP7 ????? and went from there.

Sorry, I don't understand.... blush
gnubee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome hoods!

Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand....

Evalynda, an RPG is a Role Playing Game, such as Final fantasy or Zelda. PSP7 is Paint Shop Pro, version 7. It is a graphics program.

herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies, Evalynda. I am so accustomed to people knowing what RPG and PSP7 are that I never thought someone would not know. My error.

Thank you, gnubee, for the concise explanation.

However, Ravenloft precedes both Final Fantasy amd Zelda by a number of years as that partucular role playing game is Not electronic based. It takes place among a group of people during creative/imaginative conversation. Each person verbally portrays his/her character's actions. So, what you see in the Ravenloft nbhd is my mental visualization of the geographic layout for that game... in reverse. The Sims layout proceeds left to right, while the Ravenloft game proceeds right to left. (minor technicality)

Side note here:
Everyone here at Simblese Oblige are the first to see my Space Nbhd screen. Because of its uniqueness, I have greedily kept it to myself. It now feels a bit like having shared something personal and private.
Evalynda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnubee wrote:
Awesome hoods!

Evalynda, an RPG is a Role Playing Game, such as Final fantasy or Zelda. PSP7 is Paint Shop Pro, version 7. It is a graphichs program.

Thanks ! I understand better now !

herr burgermeister wrote:
My apologies, Evalynda.

It's MY error angry : I'm a "baby" in english and in the Sims play ! With a dictionnary is impossible to find RPG or PSP7 laugh and very difficult, also, to write english or american to congratulate or help or ... undestand totality of messages ... blush

I'm very happy to be a member of your community Simblesseoblige ! wink
I know everybody is (are ?) very obliging towards me thanks1
patchover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hug You are most welcome here sir and we are very pleased you feel safe enough to share with us. It is our aim to keep our members feeling comfy and ready to put their feet on the coffee table and have a cuppa whatever smile

Evalynda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, everybody !

Hello HERR BURGERMEISTER !

Could you give me some indications to cut the roads (like in your "Home For the Holidays"), to modify a bridge in the game (like also in your HF Holidays) or change the bridges (like in your "Ravenloft") ? Thank you. notworthy

oops Perhaps a special program is needed !
Perhaps it's a secret of the creator (YOU) ! stir

P.S. Don't forget I don't speak english fluently, please ! blush
patos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, me too, me too! I would love to know how to do those things.

And I don't speak techno-creative how-to like you guys do, so be kind to us. Please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: