Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Sims Creator to make skins - new textures & meshes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madoria

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes If you are going to do it the hard way you would want Simpose to preview skins and meshes in 3D!

http://www.pygott.demon.co.uk/simpose/SimPose-old.htm

I usually put in the skn file in the Simpose/Gamedata/Obj folders
( one for each Sim type Male Female Girl Boy and the textures i Gamedata/Tex folders)

Simpose I also use for making the skins previews at my site as it can pose the sim.
http://skins.madoria.com

Don't miss Tojah and Camilla sims
http://www.nighttimesims.no/tc1/
They are actually no FREE.

http://www.skinsbyjilld.com/

For Simpose Poses
http://home.comcast.net/~simsherry/index.htmlbottom link Rescources / then Simpose at top right

Madoria

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and if you are gonna rename meshes make sure you open them up and rename inside the file also - otherwise they will not show up.

I use little notepad to open them.

There is explanations in treads here on how to do it properly.

Susanne

http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion1/lingerie/1.shtml
Otherwise here is a B300 file I think

Alexa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have been struggling with Simpose, mostly for the library, but I think I got it now laugh I followed ts1depot tutorial and I managed to make it do more or less what I want. And now that I have the original Maxis meshes I can use it. I had found Sim Sherry's poses, I was wondering if I could find some on other sites or if they were the only ones around. I am not that good yet at articulating my Sim. I have to work on that and create my own poses I guess.

Oh I need to check more thoroughly through your site! Too many things on my mind at the same time...

I used to go on Night Time Sims but I didn't know the other. Thank you again for the links thumbsup

As for renaming it, I do rename the .cmx correctly. They just won't show, not even the Maxis (ugly) swimsuits. I see no pajamas either. Only casual clothes are shown.
Madoria

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://stylissimode.fateback.com/ Great poses

http://ts1depot.hfguide.net/simpose/poses.html

http://act.lolipop.jp/simlipo/poses/

Alexa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why, the first site won't open, maybe it's my browser.
Thank you, looks like Christmas before its time!! notworthy

Edit:

Is it normal that lace won't look too bad on Simpose and... a tad weird in game?

Lace.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.99 KB
 Viewed:  4506 Time(s)

Lace.png

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexa wrote:

I really meant the meshes. I guess you gave me the reason to why the others won't show though, because of their names.

So if I temporarily rename a mesh I would be able to use it? I will have to go test this~

Edit:
So I realized some clothes I couldn't see because they were buyable. So I tried to change a lingerie from it's L401 to B401, it now appears but even though I added the mesh and made the changes on the .cmx file, it's using the Maxis mesh which is for a short dress.
So renaming it won't work, most of the time, unless I find a mesh not used by the game?

Maxis created a real problem with the buyable skins that came with Hot Date, by using the same mesh identifier, like 401 for completely different meshes, depending on whether they were being used for swimsuits, lingerie, formals, etc.

When it became clear that the community intended to use a mesh like B999, for example, as a swimsuit S999, nightgown L999, winter W999, they stopped doing this. But the original buyables are a pain when you want to use the mesh for another purpose.

For Creator, you could try using Bodywarp to save the mesh xskin-L401fafat (and create the proper cmx at the same time) as BL41fafat, for example. I find that putting the "L" right after the B helps me remember what the original mesh was, and dropping the "0" is an easy pattern to remember.

Using Bodywarp to rename meshes is quick and easy, and prevents making an error in the cmx. (BodyWarp is also the way to make a UV map for the mesh. The uvmap is a bmp, and can be seen in Creator as well as in SimPose and SimShow.)

Last edited by bruja on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animal_N

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: A problem with The Sims Creator Reply with quote

Is anybody here?..
I still play The Sims 1 and creating a skins for this. I've got a problem with The Sims Creator: it doesn't save anything. I write a name for the created skins (head and/or body), then press "Save" button (for both), and nothing happens. When I press "Done" to return to the main screen, it says "You have not clicked the save button, are you sure you wish to return?". And, of course, no any new skins in Gamedata/Skins folder.
If someone else had this problem and solved it, please help!

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker jfade's psycho
Andrasta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Animal, I don't make skins and can't give you advice, but hopefully you'll get an answer here to solve the issue. Good luck!
purplewowies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: A problem with The Sims Creator Reply with quote

Animal_N wrote:
Is anybody here?..
I still play The Sims 1 and creating a skins for this. I've got a problem with The Sims Creator: it doesn't save anything. I write a name for the created skins (head and/or body), then press "Save" button (for both), and nothing happens. When I press "Done" to return to the main screen, it says "You have not clicked the save button, are you sure you wish to return?". And, of course, no any new skins in Gamedata/Skins folder.
If someone else had this problem and solved it, please help!

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker jfade's psycho

What operating system are you using it on? Are you an administrator (or running as one) on that computer?

And your English is great!
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to apologize. I'm still looking for the cd to start my game. I've never had this problem though. I suspect that purplewowies is right that your problem might lie in not running SimCreator in administrator mode on your operating system.
sine_sim_fan

Location: Texas, dealing with my dad's estate and getting into ALL the permutations of The Sims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

long time, no answers, and not due to lack of searching. Does anyone still have MendyLou/TigerTye's garment zips? My Jim and I are back in TX for some time since my dad died this last summer, and I'm dealing with the estate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: