Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And who might you be?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: And who might you be? Reply with quote

Let us know all about you here in our Introductions forum.

I'm Kim, (username is "The Ims 3", not "The Sims 3"--my mom calls my husband Jim and I "The Ims") and I have been playing the Sims1 since shortly after it was released. I began creating walls/floors and objects near the end of last year, and I really enjoy it, though I am still mostly recoloring, with some recent forays into the A- and Z-sprite realm.

I am 32, and married to Jim (10 years in October!) with 2 children--Stella, 8 and Gabe, 3. We are homeschoolers, so we have the joy of extending the summer as long as we like! This also means, of course, that I am a stay-at-home-mom.

We live in Bloomington, MN, USA (yes, the city with the Mall of America--ick!) in a house that is divided into two separate dwellings--upstairs my mom and my sister live, downstairs the four of us live. We really like this setup, because each area is autonomous--the only thing we share is laundry--yet we can be together as often as we like. We have an enormous lot, which the kids spend most of their time in. I spend a lot of time there in my veg garden.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17

Last edited by TheIms3 on Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Mars, aka Eradia Bashir of Wild Simdom Yahoo Group. I'm a freelance writer in Seattle and enjoy duel citizenship from Canada and the US (as a cousin of mine once said, "No matter what happens to you when you travel, you know either one country or the other will blunder in and try and rescue you").

I started playing Sims when Deluxe came out and have a passion for theme play. One of my favourite families features Mrs. Slocombe of "Are You Being Served".

I'm not a brilliant hacker but I do enjoy fiddling with objects' innards. My favourite creation is Vacation Chef, a buyable NPC of Gordon Ramsay available at Wild Simdom.

I have my degrees in history and anthropology.
I'm an extreme left wing radical animal rights activist peace loving tree hugger. Oh yes, and I own Sims 2 but I don't play much. I'm a Sims 1 person.

Last edited by 17mars on Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
mtaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mtaman here. I started back when the Sims first came out. The past several years I have started making things for the game instead of just downloading, my biggest contribution is a medieval version of the SS career objects.

As a transplanted Hoosier living in Jasper, Al I don't have an accent, but my daughters do. :lol:
patchover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm the Blue Patty that is also Patio and Patchover. Triple personality, so watch out wink:

I have played since it came out learning soon that it needed more help. Pretty stuff was wanted, and soon it was there. I am thankful that the community still works on Sims1 and that helps my download obsession.

I live in the tropical world of South Texas. Right now it's swampy to say the least.

My two children are 27 and 25. I was a stay at home mom and now a stay at home Queen. :mrgreen: My husband and I have been married 29 years, going on 30 in January.

My lunatic family lives in Southern California and his in New Mexico, and here in Texas. Best thing, his sister lives in this same little town, and she is my dearest friend.
ruthml

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm Ruth and I can't think of a more exciting handle so it's stayed just plain old Ruth. I'm so boring I don't even have an autosiggie or a little image under my name (but maybe I'll fix that here ;p) I've played the sims for a few years now - got addicted to it when Unleashed came out, and I also discovered the vast world of downloads. When I discovered Bunnywuffle's tutorials I always had a hankering to try object making but didn't really have the time for it until late 2005. I have a couple of yahoo groups, Bag of Tricks and make a few objects and even fewer skins - mostly medieval & tiki themed.

I live in Australia, used to be in Sydney but then I moved to the central coast about an hour or so north of Sydney, where there's lots more birds, trees, less traffic, lakes, beaches and a more relaxed pace of life. I still commute to Sydney for work though on the train, and that's where most of the tmogging gets done, on the precious laptop.

I've been married for 6 years, hubby is in the US right now - we're doing the long distance relationship - and at some stage I'll be joining him to live in a new country, but at the moment, I need to be in Oz.
annettebrks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see now, what to say...

Well, I've been Simming for some years now, and my favorite EP was definitely Unleashed - between the larger neighborhoods, pets, and gardening, I was in heaven when I bought that!

I'm a stay-at-home mom and write part time. Between the kids and the hubby and the gazillion cats (I can't turn down a stray), things are always busy at my place.

My biggest hobby right now is making objects for the game. I don't know much about hacking yet, but Raeven makes a fabulous mentor, and I've learned more about it in the past few months from her than I did all my years in Simming combined!

I've done a little skinning, but it's not my cup of tea. Building is fun, and it's nice for taking a break between bouts of trying to figure out how to make an object do something I want it to do. I probably enjoy landscaping most of all.

I'm looking forward to this forum, learning new things and passing on things I've picked up over the years!
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

I'm Raeven. I've enjoyed lots of Sims games including Sim Town. That's one made for little kids (6 years old I think?). I loved that you could get up close and personal with the sims unlike Sim City so when The Sims came out I jumped on it immediately.

I loved how all of the game-pieces seemed to be aware of each other and was very interested in seeing how all of that worked. My original intention was simply to be nosy but the best way of seeing how it all worked was to get the iff editors and open things up. One thing led to another and I went from observer to Sims Hacker. Fun Stuff!!

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bruja, aka simbruja - at any site where someone else had already registered as bruja. I have a yahoo site Simbrujaja, and am in the process of creating a second yahoo site so that I can move all the contemporary content out of Simbrujaja, leaving it as a medieval/fantasy site.

Skinning is my passion. From time to time, I think I'll take a shot at object making and/or hacking, but then I sit down at the computer, and the next thing I know, I'm playing about with skinning again. Building, on the other hand, bores me to tears.

When The Sims first came out, I was emerging from several years of brain fog caused by illness. I used TS1 to relearn how to turn a computer on and install a game. Then I had to learn to use the internet to register, and the official site lured me with links to fansites, and with programs to make my own custom content.

The brain fog still comes and goes. I don't much care, unless I'm trying to work on a joint project, and I'm holding someone else up.

I live in Ontario, Canada, and spend much of the summer on a small island in a wilderness park in Georgian Bay, without benefit of electricity, internet connection, or indoor plumbing.

Winters I usually spend in rural southeastern Mexico, with a once a week trip to a town to check my email. So my online presence is mostly April-June and October-December.

And I'm a whole lot older than the rest of you, so mind your manners! :P
patos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, only moderators so far, so I hope this is where I introduce myself. (note from Mod: Yes, it is! Welcome!)

Patos here. Really Cecilia or Ceci for short.

I have been playing Sims1 only a few years. I am not a creator but really love to watch the process you guys go through when working things out on the forums while making new items. And really, really love downloading and putting things you make into my game!

Thanks for the gifts for my game. I especially like the money machine. Shame there isn't such a thing as a sim rejuvenator for the away lots as well. My sims run down so fast away from home.

One of these days when I get a new laptop with more room and power, I hope to be able to try my hand at making things as well.

And thanks for inviting me to join the forum.

bluesage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluesage here.

Playng Sims1 since March, 2000.

I`m Autistic/Asperger`s, and the game helps me to socialize.

I have enjoyed finding a community of talented and intelligent people,

here in this special interest group.

For any newbies here on our site,

I sometimes take photographs and write.

Also, if I can puzzle your mind, or make you laugh,

it makes me glad. :grin:

-- BS
riekus13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for having me!!!
Well...........I'm riekus13.
But most people know me as plain old Marieke. A 29 year old Dutchie.
I've been playing Sims for 4 years now........and I only started creating in April of this year.
Oh boy...the bug seriously bit me in the behind, since I have 5 yahoo-groups up till now. :grin: And number 6 is on the way!!!

In real life I'm a illustrator and because of the sims..I started designing fabrics. And I'm planning to study some interior design. All because of that silly game!!! :smt081
shadowmistress

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aloha folks! I'm shadowmistress aka Jill and I hang out over at The Coconut Hut :) I've been simming hmmm coming up on 3 years now and playing around with objects for about 1 1/2 years. I've only just recently (the last few months) been playing with Anim8or and creating 3D objects so I'm still rather green at it but it certainly is fun!!

I'm categorised under 'old fart' and am an ex-pat American living in London. Probably why I hang out in a totally tropical-themed forum! (God I miss sunshine!! :lol: ) Thanks for the invite!!
SamanthaMarie88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves to everyone* :smt006

I'm Samantha, also known as Frisbud at The Sims Resource. I just receieved a PM over there from 17Mars about this new forum, so here I am!! I've been playing The Sims since it came out, and have been creating skins for about 4 years now. I also do some building and have been dabbling with object creating, although I haven't published any objects yet. I have 2 Yahoo groups and earlier this year was named as a Featured Artist at TSR, trying to keep Sims1 alive.

Away from The Sims, I am married with 2 beautiful children --a son who is 10 almost 11(October 11) and a daughter who is 8 almost 9(September 27). I live in Michigan. In fact I'm still in the same city where I went to college(Michigan State University...Go Spartans!!) I have a BA in Theatre & Dance, but I liked to eat so I had to change professions. I spent 10 years in retail but am in the accounting field now. Other than creating for The Sims, I do a lot of sewing. That was part of what got me interested in creating for The Sims...designing clothes. My other hobby is collecting Barbie dolls.
jotapomba

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the invitations 17Mars.
I want to make clear that i'm not a VIP anywere, just a common mortal that likes to learn new things :lol:

I'm playing the sims 1 since it came out and i download like a nut since the first sites appeared. Latter i joined Junipersun and 8DS forums and that's when i realize how big is the sims community.
I know some of you from other forums, Raeven for bugging her often and also my nutty buddy Jill.

I started creating for sims just a couple of years ago. I learned how to use anim8or and i love to make 3d models... i suck with paint programs although i use them.

Since i started creating all i wanted was to make models for others to simmize and i found an exceptional partner Jujusan and the most inspiring person Anatoliah... That was how Amaelamin Valinor appeared.
They push me to create for sims 2 too because apparently, it is easy for me to make the meshes but, at this moment, i still have a lot of unfinished sims 1 projects.

You can find me at The Coconut Hut and Junipersun, were i made some tutorials for anim8or.

In RL i'm an architect and a teacher and i've lots of work, so i don't have much time to make sims stuff, although it's very relaxing for me.
I'm married but i have no kids and i live in Nazare, that is a beautifull beach in Portugal.
MJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Hello, my name is MJ... Reply with quote

...and I've been playing the Sims... hey, wait a sec, this isn't an intro to a 12-step program, is it? :lol:

Well, maybe it is, Sims has been pretty addictive. I've been playing since about six months or so after it came out, and started making skins very soon after, because I couldn't stand so many of the ones in the game. When I started making characters from books and movies and TV shows, that's when things got out of hand. I couldn't find a decent mesh for a man in a long tunic, so I set out to learn how to make meshes, and started TMogging objects, and it all wound up becoming my Sims website, The Simarillion. Yeah, I'm an old Lord of the Rings fan, and I've been getting a kick out of making moving versions of charcters I've been drawing and painting for... oh, about 40 years. I just wish that when I do Google searches for my site, it would quit asking me "did you mean "The Silmarillion"?" Can't it take a joke? (For that matter, can't people writing papers about the book spell the title right...?)

Anyway, I haven't been updating as often as I'd like, lately, 'cause I'm still recovering from dislocating my ankle back in July. You'd think this would be a great excuse to sit around and Sim, but it's amazing how much sitting in the same place can hurt something that isn't even moving!

I look forward to getting more involved here soon -- when I get back from vacation. :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: