Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And who might you be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auntb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:colhello Thanks for inviting me :grin:

I am Bev...aka AuntB. I have been playing....well no, I never play...I just build and make objects...since it first came out. I started with The Sims, then got The Sims Deluxe...now I have all EPs but, only have to Vacation and Hot Date in my computer....I like the smaller map and hate chasing animals out of the yards when I am building and testing...lol.

I have only a tiny bit of knowledge of using IFF Pencil to change things and that came from Raeven. :o

Real life has been a real pain (literally) for the past few weeks so I haven't done much, but, it is getting better and hope to start some new items soon.

I don't know how much I can contribute to the board, I need more learnin than teachin. :smt119

Have a great day :)
AuntB
Madoria

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
well no, I never play...I just build and make objects

:roll: Mee too !

HI all wonderful Sim People !!!

Well, I have been playing Sims since Aug 2003 - my brotjer helped me to buy an better , used puter back then and installed Sims on it for me ...
and then he said ... "you know there are sites with Downloads for Sims on the net?" ... Secret Sims , Around the Sims and Sims Studio was my first visits... In January 2004 I downloaded T-mog - but I didn't know I had to export (!) the sprites to use them so I use Homecrafter for awhile...
Sims Studio has a tutorial - Mad got her lightbulb to go on in March 2004 and in June 2004 my site was born- my brother helped me out with the first css and html rogramming and I was in heaven...
Then I found Swarm in July 2004 ... and then came all other nice forums , N99 , TSR , Green Sims...

:smt006 Susanne
rubi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx to mars for the invitation - so here I am! :bluestar
I`m Maike aka rubi from simplyrubi.de. I live in Germany and that`s the reason why my english is so poor oops:
Ive got a heart on my site, work in a retirement home and my passion is to be creativ in so many diffenrent ways!
I`ve started playing the sims three years ago and it was funny - but not a long time. So I`ve started with creating walls and floors, I went on with paintings and now I can do everything I like to do!
But the most interesting thing is this large community of different gamers - really amazing.
I`ve met a lot of nice and crazy people in the german simsforum and now I have friends all over the world - that`s great.
My little site goes online seven month ago and it`s my *baby*.
Beneath creating Ive started to write a lot of tutorials for german creators (as you can see the most tutorials are in english and it`s difficult for us to understand and to implement). And I`m so proud that I`ve helped a lot of new creators getting started.
I have the Sims2 but only for decoration - not my world, I`m a Sims1 creator.
A few month ago I`ve started to work with anim8tor - big thank to the coconut crew - but I`m a greenie and so I hope to learn more.

bye
rubi :lol:
Fizzii

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm Fizzii. Been playing the sims from around 2002, I think. Discovered downloadable creations soon after, and then Roman sims, over which I'm still rather crazy as I like Roman history. Started creating around 2003 for want of more Roman objects, and have been learning how to create better objects ever since smile: I do skin as well, but objects are more fun and I still need more to build up my empire!

I'm from Australia, and am a 2nd year engineering/science student, which is partly why the last couple of years I've been less active with creating. I've worked on some old-school style adventure games recently, and have one more to finish off, after which I hope to get back to simming more regularly. And do more Roman stuff of course wink:
Hedda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

I'm Hedda, some of you have probably seen me in other forums... . I have playd The Sims for a few years and my main interest is hacking. I started long ago when I only had Living Large and badly wanted comfortable single beds for my Sims but could not find any. So I learned how to make them myself. And after that I couldn't stop. I run a website called Somesimthings and it's been up for almost two years now.

I live in Sweden with my two children (11 and 15 years old) and their father (20 years now :smt055 ) I work at a hospital with diagnostic radiology.

Hedda
Turbollama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy. I'm Turbo, a name given to me NOT because I'm speedy. I started playing the Sims in May 2001. For the first year I just poked around, downloaded and had some fun. Then I found out that you could edit objects, so I started playing around. Funny thing is (most of the time) the inner workings of IFF files are rather logical, hence why I can usually understand them. So that's where it all began. My main home is the coconuthut because we're all completely insane. I've got a thread over there where people can request certain bases, and most of the time they are plausible. One thing I've been working on recently is an invisible chair, and boy has THAT been fun!
Chirin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Chirin. :smt039

Playing The Sims since ...2003? and set my sim-site December 2005.
I see I'm not good at English, so I've not imagine to join overseas community but now I'm here.

I live in Japan, and am interested in take photos, especially crazy for cherry blossoms.
If anyone need pic for create something, please call me.

Please not be afraid to my horrible English, thanx!
SandySimmer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I have so enjoyed reading everyones Sims stories!
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my husband of 27 years. We have one son Tony who is in the US Navy stationed in Yokosuka Japan. I miss him terribly but am so happy he is seeing the world :grin:
I just turned 57 yesterday 8/31 and have been simming since 2/14/2000. I bought the game for Tony but he lost interest in it pretty quickly as he is more of an RPG online game player :)

I started out building homes for Jess at SimsAddiction~what fun that was! She is a sweetheart and even posted my awful first walls!! :lol: Bless her heart! Then I was at Simply British Living for a bit. Now I have some Y groups that I periodically update with some "pretties" :P
Edited because I forgot to say I am also a Moderator at Sim Freaks Forum :grin:
Thanks to Bibi of SimGoddesses for writing her Newbie Wall Tutorial and Tracy of Sims Studio for her recoloring tutorial, and to VinGirl for her Picture tut, can't thank you enough.

I am looking forward to learning new stuff here and would be happy sharing what little I do know :grin:

Congrats on the new Forum!

Hugs,
Sandy

Last edited by SandySimmer on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyric

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notworthy: :smt038 notworthy:

I'm Lyric aka Deidre from KS/USA. I've been playing TS1 for about 5 years and have always wanted to learn about creating objects. I have T-mog & PSP8 and alot of ideas, but very limited skills in using them. I have succeeded in recoloring some skins, but I find the tutorials on retexturing confusing. I was so excited to hear this site was opening, there are still folks like me who may be late bloomers but have something to contribute to TS1 community. I would love to someday be able to open a medieval-themed page and with the help of such noteworthy creators here, hopefully newcomers to the game will still find TS1 sites to download from! TTFN! :smt039 Lyric
sine_sim_fan

Location: Texas, dealing with my dad's estate and getting into ALL the permutations of The Sims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! I'm sine_sim_fan from TSR and Green Sims. I've been simming since 2002 when I got Sims 1 as a gift for me! I've been working on making garments for The Sims Creator since a tut at TSR by Madoria and TigerTye found it's way into the Skinning Section. In a few days I'll probably be opening a site featuring what I've done so far (I know, shameless plug!) anyways, the url is : http://www.freewebs.com/calinacase/ nothing much is there right now, as I haven't made quite enough for even one page.
Madoria

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh - how exciting !!!!
New Garment site !!!!
Hi to all !!!

:smt006 Susanne
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone will feel free to plug their websites, put links in their profiles and note updates in our updates section!
hobbitwife

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Hobbitwife here!!!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone!!!! I've been playing with The Sims & all EPs since July of 2004. I've been a fan of Tolkien's works for many years so I was enthralled with the many items for the game that involve LotR & The Silmarillion.

Big hi to MJ....I'm a lover of your website!!!!!!! :smt006

I have humbly begun to make things for the game such as rugs, paintings, floors, & walls. I can't support Tmog on my computer(Win2000) so I get friends to run my bmps thru tmog on their computers....we send stuff back & forth all the time!! Someday I'd like to learn to skin.

I'm a moderator on a few yahoo groups & owner of 2 groups to store my creations.

Personally, I have 9 children(2 in Heaven), a wonderful husband, & 3 lovely kitties(Luna, Poppy Velvet-toes, & Willow). I am a former preschool teacher & worship team singer in church. I love to read & garden & cook for crowds. My husband calls it my need to feed!! LOL!! I hope to get to know more folks in the simming community & share thoughts with you all.

Almi,
Yvonne

sine_sim_fan

Location: Texas, dealing with my dad's estate and getting into ALL the permutations of The Sims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elen sila lumenn omentielvo!

It's good to have another Tolkien and Sims fan here! Don't you agree that MJ's work is the best?

hobbitwife

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: MJ's work Reply with quote

I absolutely love everything she's ever made. I love her music too!!! I have all her stuff & I always check her site every week to see what's going on. She has made my LotR game so much better. Tig's hobbits are my other faves!!!

Nice to see another LotR simmer here! Almi ar sr, mellon!! hello2:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: