Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And who might you be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnubee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, neighbor Kim.

If you see a clip of a slightly chubby guy playing the organ at the State Fair on the Twin City local channels this time of year, it's probably me doing my thing at the Schmitt Music booth, though it's been some time since I worked for them (perennial stock footage).

I'm Kent aka Gnubee from Coon Rapids, MN. I've been playing TS (LL) 8 months now and this game has changed my life (as well as all of yours, no doubt). When my friends ask me what I'm up to these days, they hear about my Sim families, so I'm definately hooked.

LOL at 12 step program.

I happen to be married to the Fairest of all Maidens, Nance. We have 2 sons, 1 daughter and 5 grandsons.

I'm not much of an artist so I don't create objects, but I really enjoy building and remodeling homes for my Sims with a view toward efficient layouts. I've uploaded some to the Maxis site if you're interested in checking them out. I'll post a link to that page in a more appropriate forum. I just got here, so I haven't got my bearings yet.

If you like MIDI arrangements, visit my website (link below). I also have college team helmets if you like football.

TTYL,
Kent

P.S. My goodness, it seems I've wandered into a convention of the best Sims creators on the web. I've probably downloaded something by every one of you. Wow.

Last edited by gnubee on Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total
sine_sim_fan

Location: Texas, dealing with my dad's estate and getting into ALL the permutations of The Sims

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad I couldn't make it up to the Twin Cities in time for the fair! hopefully in a year from now I'll be sampling some of the fried cheese curds and the coffee on a stick :D Thanks for making me think of that, Gnubee!
gnubee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sine_sim_fan wrote:
too bad I couldn't make it up to the Twin Cities in time for the fair! hopefully in a year from now I'll be sampling some of the fried cheese curds and the coffee on a stick :D Thanks for making me think of that, Gnubee!

Coffee on a stick? How did I miss that? The food is a major draw for me. I always get the pork chops and the Corn Roast and usually a slice of French Silk pie. And corn dogs. And footlongs. And chocolate chip cookies. And fries. And Tom Thumb donuts. And... well you get the idea. I did say slightly chubby, didn't I? LOL

sine_sim_fan

Location: Texas, dealing with my dad's estate and getting into ALL the permutations of The Sims

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnubee wrote:

Coffee on a stick? How did I miss that? The food is a major draw for me. I always get the pork chops and the Corn Roast and usually a slice of French Silk pie. And corn dogs. And footlongs. And chocolate chip cookies. And fries. And Tom Thumb donuts. And... well you get the idea. I did say slightly chubby, didn't I? LOL

from what I know, some friends of some of my friends up there first came out with it last year. I think the name of the place that originated it is J&S.
Anyways, take a look before the fair closes down. and yah, you did say slightly chubby lol

JustDenise

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hullo everybody. :smt006

I'm Denise, known as McGannaholic just about everywhere. I'm 38 years old, which seemed ancient when I was a kid but feels pretty good now that I'm here. I live in Philadelphia, PA-in South Philly, which is a world unto itself.

I create skins for Sims1, just a few published so far, because I'm way too fussy for my own good. I see I am also a moderator. :shock: Local girl makes good...

When I'm not playing The Sims, I can usually be found with a craft project, mainly crochet. I like to make all sorts of things, but my specialty is designing and creating historically accurate and fantasy clothes for Barbie. I'm hoping to have some patterns published eventually. I specialized in the history of costume in college, and I still enjoy anything that has to do with clothing and dress.

I also write for a few different internet fiction lists, and am currently working on my first novel...eh, but don't hold your breath waiting for it. I'm sure Tolstoy knocked out War and Peace in far less time than it's taking me.

Entertainment-wise, I will watch anything that has Paul McGann in it, even just a film of him reading names from the telephone directory, I am that sad. But I can't live on him (even though I try) so I also enjoy Doctor Who, Life on Mars (with my other favorite Philip Glenister), and I adore Mythbusters. In music, I like all different kinds but will always put Elvis ahead of everyone, every time.

I wish this forum long life, and all happiness, with no flaming or profanity (unless your creation problem is *really* bad, then you can say "Dagnabbit!"), and nothing but good fellowship.

Boy, I'm long-winded. :smt024

Denise

"If you canna see the bright side, polish the dull side."
~The Old Men of Freya Crags
Nana

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:smt006 My name is Donna, but most people call me Nana aka NanaWildflowers.
I am a mod at The Coconut Hut, and I see all my ship mates made it here. :smt006 Hi Jill, Jota, Turbo.
I have been playing the Sims for 6 years this coming October and I still love the game. I do play, when I get the chance. About 6 or 7 months ago, a friend gave me PSP9 and I started dabbling with Tmog, recoloring and making paintings only.
I can honestly say I have gotten a bit better with the recoloring, and my paintings are pretty good. I have recently started working with HomeCrafter, and making walls. People say they like them, and I am happy to give a little something back to the community if I can.
About me...I am a single woman, with a grown married daughter, her name is Crystal and she is the light of my life. Her husband Paul is such a wonderful guy. I am very proud to call him my son. I have a beautiful granddaughter named Megan who I am sure I will blab about constantly here. :grin:
I have a few hobbies outside of the Sims, I love to work in my garden. I love the beach, and I am a horror movie freak.
I don't talk about myself too much, but as I said, I will ramble on about my family.
fortheloveofbook2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Tammy or fortheloveofbook, I have been playing The Sims since 2001 and creating on and off for the first few years. I opened a yahoo group last October and then closed it down a few months ago to join up as the co-owner of TheFantaSim Yahoo group. I am pretty good at walls and floors and creating rugs and recoloring, but I learn something new every day, and now that I have PSPX, I think I will be able to do a lot more.

Smiles, Tammy
Madoria

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Hello all of you !

Denise !!!!

We have things in common...

Quote:
I'm 38 years old

Quote:
I can usually be found with a craft project, mainly crochet.

I am not making Doll clothes when I crochet but I actually
sew barbie Doll clothing that I sell...

cool: Susanne
Mhari

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo. Is this thing on?

I'm Mhari, aka Manon. I'm ... 27 tomorrow, actually :D Single, and live in Massachusetts with my folks, who are much better housemates than most people I know. :P

Simming for several years, started making my own objects and got picked up by Livin' It Up in a mindbogglingly short time, now doing my own thing over at the ever so imaginatively named Shiny Things.

I have waaaaaaaaaay too many ideas for themed skins.

I like Coke, Firefly, fantasy books without much actual magic in, and writing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Madoria

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha ! My fave Skin maker has arrived !

notworthy:

:mrgreen: Susanne :smt006
riekus13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many great creators............... :smt006
Let's all help to keep Sims 1 alive and kicking!!!
hobbitwife

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Keeping Sims 1 Alive!!!! Reply with quote

AMEN!!!! I'm totally up for keeping the original Sims game & it's creators going. Not everyone can support Sims2. I get dizzy watching my daughter play it!!! :smt120
JustDenise

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoria wrote:
Well, Hello all of you !

We have things in common...

Quote:
I can usually be found with a craft project, mainly crochet.

I am not making Doll clothes when I crochet but I actually
sew barbie Doll clothing that I sell...

cool: Susanne

Hi Susanne! :smt006

The dress you made is lovely-I know how to sew, but for some reason I've never sewn doll clothes-my aunt showed me how to crochet for Barbie when I was very young and in bed with measles. Not easy for her, as I'm left handed.

How long have you been making Barbie clothes? Do you sell them on eBay?

(I'll post some pics of my dolls just as soon as the digital camera gets back from a nice vacation with my sister.)

Denise

"If you canna see the bright side, polish the dull side."
~The Old Men of Freya Crags
annettebrks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember making some Barbie clothes when my daughters were small. I was surprised at how the tininess of the garments made them a good bit more difficult to do than I'd expected! So I generally stuck with baby doll size instead. :lol:
SandySimmer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susanne, what a pretty Barbie dress, wow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: