Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

weird problems with some programs...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosemary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: weird problems with some programs... Reply with quote

Hi all ! sorry, if i am not in the right "forum area"...i didn't know where to post...

okay, here it is,
first, Simpose...can someone tell me why i cannot load animations in there ?
the only animation that works are the default apologise, and from my Animation .FAR, co2 fire camp sit laugh, the 2 of them.
when i tried to load one, it dosen't even show in all the lists (i tried them all !), or, it is there but i have this message : "run end of file"

i really don't get it...
isin't it suppose to let you load animations, so you can altar them also ?

I began to play with animations a bit recently....i have one made, not perfect but...I'll keep working on it (from scratch)

but that's it...i would need to set the starting pose with a maxis animation...then add some of mine...anyways !

HELP !

and another thing....regardless of EP's...the animations should work...since they are loadable in Simpose...not for me, but generally ?
why would an animation from a higher ep, would not work without that ep....?
---------------------------

the other program that is giving me a hard time is NPC replacer...
each time i am done editing my npc's, i click on save, then i have that message :are you sure you want to save changes, bla, bla ,bla....
then as soon as I click on OK, the program crash. and it gives me a error report..that i am not sending, since i already did, and never got any answers...

i have only LL and HP, so it is not a matter of skin buys....
maybe because i have skn. files and cmx in my Animation folder ?...or textures in my Textures folder...?

Thank you
Rosemary bigflower
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive if I am misremembering and it was not you but your version of the game is pirated, isn't it?

That breaks a LOT of things about the Sims. Since it can break hacks within the game the files must be changed on a fundamental level and it's not a surprise they are not compatible with 3rd party programs.

Quote:
why would an animation from a higher ep, would not work without that ep....?

The animation file itself is not exist in the game until the expansion pack is installed. Part of this is installing the animations that came with it.

If you mean an animation file stolen from an higher EP then it may have code embedded into it that is using other parts from the EP (i believe this is rare) or may not be complete (as with Skins animation files come in 2 parts)

Rosemary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes ! it is me...or at least my sim game is a downloaded one.... blush

but I thought, if i had the animations and all skins to go with it, then it would work...

so even if i have the iff file, all the animations, skn., cmx,bcf, and bmps...it still cannot work ?

well, according to me, this is kinda weird...because Simpose is the same for everyone...
and while creating a new animation, Simpose dosen't care about what eps you have right ?

so besides the object being from another ep, what would stop animations from working ?
or the thing is, it is completely impossible to have all parts of an animation, just by copying it and sharing it.....(HUH?)

well it dosen't make sense to me ! lol

anyways, I'll try again, when I'll have a real sim game...

thank you !

Rosemary bigflower
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simose can run the animations from all EPs, yes.

I do not know what has been changed about Pirated versions of the game (there are no legit ways to download The Sims) and so figure anything can go wrong with them.

Rosemary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are so right ! yes

and thank you for confirming that Simpose was able to do so...!
now i just have to bug hubby about buying me the game... unsure

Rosemary bigflower
KarinL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get The Sims from Amazon second-hand for as little as $5.00 - and it would be a much better bargain than having a pirated version...

The new Complete Collection sells for $35.00 on Amazon (new) - which is a lot of money but maybe you have a birthday coming up??? :D

Karin
Rosemary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep ! in August.... yes

but i wonder, how much it is in canadian money, 35 on Amazone...
and in stores here, it is about 50(canadian)

thanks alot Karin !
i may ask daddy...as a birthday present!

Rosemary bigflower
Madoria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosemary !

I have recently seen used copies at Secondhand stores in my area- why not check those also...
and check out other online stores and store chains in Canada too- i got my LL copy from a game store that had mail order shipping...

I would Googel Sims and Store and only search for Canadian sites and see what I came up with...

Also tell your friends and realtives that you are looking...

My brother was shopping were he lives and came across Vacation and Unleashed for 99:- Swedish crowns together - about 8 dollars !!!!
So he bought them for me... biggrin

Susanne
Rosemary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH ! okay Thanks madoria !

I'll check that out !
the only prob is...i don't have any credit card...maybe i could use paypal ?...if i can figure out how it works ! lol

Thanks again !

Rosemary bigflower
mtaman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another place to look is at E-bay. They will take pay-pal. I got a copy of the original Sims game for $.99. thumbsup It cost more to mail it to me. laugh
Rosemary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hubby has an account over there...I'll check that out ! thanks again ! hug

Rosie bigflower
sine_sim_fan

Location: Texas, dealing with my dad's estate and getting into ALL the permutations of The Sims

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you ask your hubby, first, as paypal usually withdraws from the checking account on record with paypal. Also, if you get it from a specific vendor, you might need to get some other programs so that the shipping isn't so costly. I don't think it's wise how some vendors charge like 20.00 or more on shipping, when what they're sending is priced under a dollar, so when I encounter one that combines and reduces shipping a little bit, I get several cheap programs along with what I'm really wanting.
Rosemary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Thank you !

but i may buy it new...to avoid pain....lol

Rosemary bigflower
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: