Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moroccan Theme Set
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simsab

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Moroccan Theme Set Reply with quote

Hi,
I created with the help from PeterG some objects from The Sims Online for the regular game and they work!!!
Here are some pics:

Now I am searching for a HP who wants to publish these files!
sine_sim_fan

Location: Texas, dealing with my dad's estate and getting into ALL the permutations of The Sims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.parsimonious.org is looking for a Sims1 object creator. I think you'd have a good chance of getting on by submitting some of these pieces. Ask Kate, she might help you get a foot in.
simsab

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted the site, I hope they like it because I have even more from TSO!
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parsimonious tends more toward original art.
These lovelies are using Maxis' art from The Sims online.

SAC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it Savage Sims that used to pull out TSO objects from time to time. I remember I tossed almost all of it away at some point though jfade's psycho . Anyways, I particularly like the two vases you have their. The one with the feather is awesome, and so is the other!

Is it, by chance, possible to download them? blush
peter9g

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAC wrote:

Is it, by chance, possible to download them? blush

They should be available soon smile
Raeven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance we can convince you guys to include the table? I LOVED that thing. That table is the reason I ended up making a chess set you could put on every table. We had a lot that used those tables but then had to toss the regular chess sets in as well. Totally wrong! LOL

OHOHOH!! And the tiled blue arching column (without the extra yellow bits Maxis left in would be even better)?

Please, Please? giveflower

simsab

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAC wrote:
Wasn't it Savage Sims that used to pull out TSO objects from time to time.

Yes, Savagesims had TSO objects, but I don't remember what they had and didn't found anything now on their website...
ruthml

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the bed and the vases with the feathery stuff - pampas grass and the other stuff.

I didn't get into TSO, I'd like to see more stuff from it, pretty please!!

Kate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a violation of the Sims Online EULA to re-use the graphics for that or any other purpose, I would strongly advise against posting them them anywhere, I'm afraid I certainly can't publish them.
Raeven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did they decide that?

I remember (but cannot cite any source so do understand this can't be completely taken as true) several years back them issuing an "ok" for extracting the graphics from objects (but modifying the objects themselves was prohibited and they never gave the ok for the animations to be converted and used which I think is a real shame cause they are outstanding)

This was after the game went live but before the first expanson pack. Did they change it at that time? Would expain why all of those SUPER cool robot factory bits never showed up anywhere.

peter9g

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never having been a subscriber to TSO I can't comment as to what is in the EULA, and whether it differs from the standard Sims 1 EULA.

I also recall hearing that EA gave tacit approval to the use of their TSO graphics for user-made Sims 1 objects. Clearly fingermouse and others did so in the past without incurring the wrath of EA. I don't think anyone ever got far enough at converting the TSO animations to raise the issue of their use in Sims 1 objects.

I guess a few more inquiries are in order.

Peter
Kate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well technically all modification of any of their games is a no-no where they haven't released tools specifically for it, but inter-changing files between games has got a few people into hot water as I understand it. A couple of people have been slapped on the wrist for using Sims 2 object meshes for other games. Though that may be restricted to people who are selling their content. I generally think EA has a problem with implied consent across the board, but that doesn't seem to bother them in the slightest as far as I can tell.

You'd have to get confirmation from EA but personally, unless I had it in black & white from someone at EA legal, I wouldn't want to mess with this stuff, I'm already arguing with some little schmuck who has reported me to EA for selling custom content. Obviously I have never sold custom content but I'm sure their aim is that if EA do decide to go ahead and take action against pay sites as has been threatened, then I'd have to get legal representation to argue my case which of course I can't afford.
ess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those objects are absolutely gorgeous! thumbsup Have you considered creating a Yahoo group to share them? It's free and easy to update...if you do, please let us know! wink

soapbox Well, I've just read the EULAs for both the Sims 1 and the Sims Online and they don't seem to differ from one another. I'm no lawyer, but a close reading of these agreements makes it sound as though Custom Content is not allowed unless you've made the object completely from scratch. But we all know that Maxis allows otherwise. In fact, on the Sims official website (no longer updated), there are lists of fansites galore that offer custom content. They even have several PAY SITES listed.

I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but I am very close to someone who works in the industry and, in fact, is currently with a different division of EA. Maxis pretty much considers the Sims 1 to be archaic, and I think they really aren't too worried about custom content.

It's up to each object creator to decide on their own, I guess.
simsab

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate wrote:
Its a violation of the Sims Online EULA to re-use the graphics for that or any other purpose, I would strongly advise against posting them them anywhere, I'm afraid I certainly can't publish them.

But many other websites published objects from TSO!
E.g.
http://www.savagesims.com/
and
http://www.oddsim.com/. blush
I wrote oddsim an email and asked them. I also get contact to a designer from Maxis and asked him, but I didn't get any answer now...
I didn't published them anywhere so far.sad

Is The Sims online even still alive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Theme Players All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: