Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Christmas Gift Too All - Holiday Wall Paper Vol.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Seasonal Gifts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guidingfoot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: My Christmas Gift Too All - Holiday Wall Paper Vol.1 Reply with quote

Guidingfoot's Holiday Wall Paper Vol.1

Merry Christmas
Holiday Cheer
Happy Holidays

Coming from the makers of the finest wall paper imports west of Simmville City. We bring you Merry Christmas, Holiday Cheer, and Happy Holidays by Guidingfoot. When you want some thing interesting yet elegant for the holidays. You come to the right place.

Requirements: Only basic “The Sims” No Expansion Packs Needed.
May or may not work with the EP’S, I do not know.

BTW, I hope others will like and use these and if two like them (another and I), then it was worth making them.
*Enjoy* Guidingfoot :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/GoogleBUGS/web/my-the-sims-home-page
bluesage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have been gifted by That above with many talents. angel

-- Bluesage

'
patchover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show us in the game how pretty is is? Please smile

I am proud you are up and running with stuff to make. Good job for you thumbsup

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, guidingfoot. Those are lovely and bright.

You don't need to worry about expansion pack compatibility with walls, so you could use a much shorter readme for walls, like this:

Quote:

HoliWpaper_Vol1_Read_Me

For The: Holiday Wall Paper Set VOL 1.

File: Holiwall_vol1.zip

To Install: These go into:

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Walls

NOTE: You use this file by your choice. One never knows when something “COULD” go wrong. By using the file, you accept ALL responsibility doing so by using it. I don't think you actually need this. I've never heard of a wll file messing up anyone's game.

You may freely share my file with whom ever you wish provided you agree to the following restrictions:

The file/house/objects/lay out/item/s IS NOT to be altered/changed in anyway. It must remain as I made it. In addition, this read me file “HoliWpaper_Vol1_Read_Me” must stay with the Zip file.

I would appreciate a mention that it was I who made the file. >>>>>> Guidingfoot <<<<<<

You may also post the file up where ever you wish. Provided you have permission to do so, and follow there rules regarding such matters. Including following the above requirements I mentioned.

I found your permissions to be a little confusing. Do you mean to say " You may share my original zip, including this readme, by email or posting on your website. I would appreciate credit."

( IF you discover anything wrong with the file, or come across any problems, I may not be aware of, it would be so kind of you to send me a private message, to guidingfoot at simblesseoblige.com. )

The usual practice is to set up a gmail, yahoo, hotmail, or other email account that you use for simming purposes. That way you can keep track or your sim-related csrrespondence without using up your limited pm space at a forum like simblesseoblige.

mtaman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruja wrote:
You don't need to worry about expansion pack compatibility with walls,
Actually, you don't need to worry about expansion pack compatibility with walls, or floors, or roofs as they will work in any combination of expansion packs or even none. thumbsup
Sita

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably just me but I can't see the picture? just a zip?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
deekitty31

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

N99
Saving The Sims

Guidingfoot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patchover wrote:
Can you show us in the game how pretty is is? Please smile

I am proud you are up and running with stuff to make. Good job for you thumbsup

Yah I can soon me can get to it. thumbsup

I'm working on a new house and one of the rooms have the Holiday Cheer one in it.

So me will take a snap of the room and post here.

;-)

Guidingfoot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesage wrote:
You have been gifted by That above with many talents. angel

-- Bluesage

'

Well I dont think me would say with "many" :-P

But I just like playing around with ideas and thoughts.

I am by far gifted by any means.

Though I thank your for the kind words. smile

Guidingfoot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruja wrote:
Thank you, guidingfoot. Those are lovely and bright.

You don't need to worry about expansion pack compatibility with walls, so you could use a much shorter readme for walls, like this:

Quote:

HoliWpaper_Vol1_Read_Me

For The: Holiday Wall Paper Set VOL 1.

File: Holiwall_vol1.zip

To Install: These go into:

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Walls

NOTE: You use this file by your choice. One never knows when something “COULD” go wrong. By using the file, you accept ALL responsibility doing so by using it. I don't think you actually need this. I've never heard of a wll file messing up anyone's game.

You may freely share my file with whom ever you wish provided you agree to the following restrictions:

The file/house/objects/lay out/item/s IS NOT to be altered/changed in anyway. It must remain as I made it. In addition, this read me file “HoliWpaper_Vol1_Read_Me” must stay with the Zip file.

I would appreciate a mention that it was I who made the file. >>>>>> Guidingfoot <<<<<<

You may also post the file up where ever you wish. Provided you have permission to do so, and follow there rules regarding such matters. Including following the above requirements I mentioned.

I found your permissions to be a little confusing. Do you mean to say " You may share my original zip, including this readme, by email or posting on your website. I would appreciate credit."

( IF you discover anything wrong with the file, or come across any problems, I may not be aware of, it would be so kind of you to send me a private message, to guidingfoot at simblesseoblige.com. )

The usual practice is to set up a gmail, yahoo, hotmail, or other email account that you use for simming purposes. That way you can keep track or your sim-related csrrespondence without using up your limited pm space at a forum like simblesseoblige.

Well, I just add all that stuff by default. To just cover ALL bases, and at least IF/WHEN something comes up, I KNOW that it was included.

One can many times not be sure what another adds with something I made, and then right away wonders 'Was something Guidingfoot made" goofed up my game?

They then contact me, I then tell them those things above, and then I likely will get: Well why did you not just included those things in your file in the first place?

Well, by default I do, and have no plans to change from that.

However, thank you for those thoughts, and as always do welcome them.

thumbsup

As for the permission stuff.

IMHO, sharing an item covers ALL sharing, least IMO it does. Share it to friends on CD, Email it, give it to a friend on floppy, sling it across the yard to a neighbor frissby style yes

As well like it reads, "You may also post the file up where ever you wish."

NOTE: "also" meaning in-adition to the other ways.

When ever you send/give/allow a file too another, that is sharing it.

And YES, I did mean it for to be 'My File', but if they wish to change "My file", then no. Exspect for private use only. Well, like I would know or could do much about it. whistle

I just put in it what I did, and have no plans at moment to change it.

About the contact me here thing.

Well yah, I thought about that. But I figured that if I made any mistakes (and hopefully wont) it would if nothing else bring new folks to the game and to us here. If I find it becomes a problem, I can adjust it when time comes.. SHRUGS..

Thx..

Guidingfoot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, two views.

This is in the den room where it will be in.

:-)

ruthml

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great wall! Bright and cute motif. thank you for sharing this with us. hug

tooflubu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: wallpaper Reply with quote

thank you very festive foe the holiday.
tooflubu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Seasonal Gifts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: