Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medieval Lute and Music Stand
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> 12th Night Goodies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobbitwife

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!!!!!!!!! Wonderful addition to our medieval or LotR game!!!

Thank you!! hug notworthy

KarinL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the new one, because I *do* want the minstrels in my game.

My Sims love the lute, and they can't get enough of it... I have one question, though: is it supposed to loop back to the beginning when the whole sequence has been played?
All the other instruments I have do this, but the lute just keeps repeating the last three notes. (Until I pretend to go buy/build something... )

Karin
mattie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something new for my band. Thank you. thumbsup
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One bit of clarification ... anyone with build 4 of the lute does not NEED to re-download. These minstrels are no fools! They know a good thing when they see it and will play on the older versions of the lute as well. This fifth version just has some code in it to help them use the lute better.

Anyone with build 3 or older, however, SHOULD re-download whether you are not interested in the minstrels or not.

Build four has a 'sounds' fix that allows you to use the lute and other musical instruments properly in the same game (without them trying to overwrite each other's sounds).

If you are not sure which version you have go ahead and download this file. Do install these new sound files right over the old ones. That's where the sounds fix is. The extra coding for the minstrels will just be ignored if there is no minstrel around to use it.

Yersinia, should you change your mind about the minstrels (these or an versions) you can download this version of the lute and simply install the iff and ignore the other files in the zip. You'd not lose your hard work editing the HIT or HOT or whatmcallits.

Karin, I'm just at a total loss why your game is looping the sound like that!
I've used this lute for many sim hours and it never looped like that. but then recently it's been the minstrels playing and they are designed to not play for more than half of a day at a time.

mtaman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sims too are playing with no problem. Sometimes the sound stutters but it returns.

Do you have a problem with playing the MP3 by itself?

Did you have a problem with the older files? The sound files are all the same as the older ones. Perhaps the new one got corrupted in downloading. If you still have the older ones you can try putting them in instead and they should be fine.
KarinL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtaman wrote:
My sims too are playing with no problem. Sometimes the sound stutters but it returns.

Do you have a problem with playing the MP3 by itself?

Did you have a problem with the older files? The sound files are all the same as the older ones. Perhaps the new one got corrupted in downloading. If you still have the older ones you can try putting them in instead and they should be fine.

I played the .wav file by itself and it stopped when it was finished. So I know my lute plays the whole thing, and then instead of looping back to the beginning, it loops back something like three or four notes before the end and starts repeating these few notes over and over...

I had the same problem with the old one, which is one reason why I tried again with the new one.
I just installed the new one 'over' the old one and replaced all the files. (I still have the old one somewhere, but since it does the same thing, putting it back won't solve the problem).

I'm going to try downloading again. I just installed an old back-up with my 'gothic/spooky' stuff and that never had the lute in the downloads, so I'll see what happens when I install it 'fresh'.

I'll let you know... Have to do a lot of boring non-Sims stuff first today... :)

Karin
KarinL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new download does the same thing. And until now I thought that the harpsichord just stopped playing after half a minute, but with the sound very high I heard that it does the same thing, too - it repeats the last two notes... It's just that those particular notes are rather soft, so I never noticed the repeat before, I just thought the music stopped...

I tried Ludic's trumpet, and that doesn't have the problem. It's obviously something specific about my game that's doing this, but I can't begin to imagine what it is or how to solve it...

Karin
Yersinia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven wrote:
Yersinia, should you change your mind about the minstrels (these or an versions) you can download this version of the lute and simply install the iff and ignore the other files in the zip. You'd not lose your hard work editing the HIT or HOT or whatmcallits.

Yeah, this was what I was concerned about! wink My lutes (I have one in a human house in addition to the two in As'ral) are working perfectly since I fixed the .hot files, i.e., making beautiful music when my sims play them, and you know me, I hate to fix something if it ain't broke! laugh

Thanks for the info.

~Yersinia.

"Hand over the coffee and no one gets hurt."
Boo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Boo
elizabrook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nifty! Thanks.
koneko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you fantastic, don't you?! Thanks a lot! hug
sallyforth

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!! It's so wonderful to give my medieval simmies an instrument to play! Love the modifications too! biggrin
SimIam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! biggrin Simiam
genietwo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also perfect for this theme. Thank you!

Genie
herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I finally got around to unzipping and installing the lute... in Palmpay of all places. Hey, the ancient Romans needed music as well. wink
Anywho, the sims play the instrument just fine, but there's no sound. What did I do wrong?

In the Downloads folder -
lute
lute2_143838
lute2_143838
lute2_143838.hot
lute2_143838.hsm

All else is in the Skins folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> 12th Night Goodies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: