Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Query about gloves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruthml

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Query about gloves Reply with quote

Hi, I have a question about custom hands -
or specifically gloves.

If I modified hand meshes to make proper gloves - with the flared cuff so you could see it was a glove and not just a coloured hand, can they be made to work with specific outfits like other props?

(hmm, I guess you can't join the glove mesh to the body mesh can you? )

How do custom hands work anyway? If a sim selects an outfit that has custom hands do those hands stay on them when they change outfits (swim, shower, sleep) or do they revert to the default hands? Is the sim "stuck" with those hands until you make them get a new outfit in the wardrobe?

Can gloves be treated like props that can be taken on and off with a prop adder, like hats?

Thank you!

eisbaer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed you can join the hand mesh to the body mesh. only think you have to have in mind is the right position of the gloves and that they are assigned to the right joints. But if you will made them out of an existing hand mesh all this is already done

Quote:
If a sim selects an outfit that has custom hands do those hands stay on them when they change outfits (swim, shower, sleep) or do they revert to the default hands? Is the sim "stuck" with those hands until you make them get a new outfit in the wardrobe?

the sim stuck with the custom hands because they are assigned through the normal clothes (B). your hands have the same name as the normal clothes have like: B???fafitlgt_name so have the hands "_name".

eisbaer

mtaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Query about gloves Reply with quote

ruthml wrote:
Hi, I have a question about custom hands -
or specifically gloves.

If I modified hand meshes to make proper gloves - with the flared cuff so you could see it was a glove and not just a coloured hand, can they be made to work with specific outfits like other props?

(hmm, I guess you can't join the glove mesh to the body mesh can you? )
You could, however when the sim would change the hand position or from open to closed or pointing, the hand flesh would possibly show through. If you watch Clair Bear closely you can see this happen.

ruthml wrote:
How do custom hands work anyway? If a sim selects an outfit that has custom hands do those hands stay on them when they change outfits (swim, shower, sleep) or do they revert to the default hands? Is the sim "stuck" with those hands until you make them get a new outfit in the wardrobe?
Custom hands are bmps associated with a regular outfit and stay with the sim until they get a new regular outfit and do not revert when they change buyable outfits(swim, shower, sleep, etc).

ruthml wrote:
Can gloves be treated like props that can be taken on and off with a prop adder, like hats?
Yes, again, however when the sim would change the hand from open to closed or pointing, the hand flesh would possibly show through.
ruthml

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info - I will experiment with this to get a better understanding hug

zosa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could those hand bmps be attached to the head instead of the skin? if that were so then any outfit should have the correct hands, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: