Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gloves - maybe these are too big?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruthml

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: gloves - maybe these are too big? Reply with quote

hi,

I was playing around with making gloves to be integrated into a body mesh. I imported hand meshes and added a cuff to them.

In the game though the sim's hand showed through so I had to make the glove bigger in Milkshape little by little until the glove covered the hands.

But now I look at the hands and they look enormous!! But maybe I'm not being objective. What do you guys think?

The pic shows the glove with the fingers tips showing which I fixed (so you can see the problem) then the new gloves in action. See how big the hands are compared to the other sim?

Maybe gloves aren't such a good idea ? no

gloves-in-game.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.72 KB
 Viewed:  2878 Time(s)

gloves-in-game.gif

ruthml

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a thought -

if I get rid of the big hands but keep the cuffs then make custom hand bmps for that skin instead, then the sim would have normal sized hands that would still look like gloves with cuff.

is that possible?

eisbaer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is what I would also suggest. don't make the gloves as a single mesh. introduce the cufs and the part of the arm to the mesh and make custom white hands comes with the outfit.
mtaman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is possible (check theB511fafit_01_Harlequin outfit from deluxe for a cuff which you can reverse), but you will need to tell people the gloves will stay on through all buyable changes( swim, pj, nude, etc.) until they change into a new regular outfit.
ruthml

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what I did - put the cuff bit on the arm in the body mesh, then made custom hand bmps. It's a lot of extra bmps so I don't think I will do it a lot - but I now have a few skins with gloves.

And I also worked out that you could make fingerless wool gloves by making the hand mesh "gloves" and chopping off the fingers so the normal sim fingers will poke through. (but why would you? well.....)

mtaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the same bmps and skn with different outfits. You would only have to have different ones for different colors.
zosa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the gloves look good though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: