Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I make an object droppable?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: How do I make an object droppable? Reply with quote

Can I make any object droppable with walls? If so, how so?
Any help or a link to a tutorial would be great.

Ess
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one of the lines you can add to an object's init BHAV.

"My flags Set Flag hide for cutaway"

(Remember that any instances of this object that you have already placed on a lot wont know about this new line because the init only runs when you first get the object. You can sell those and rebuy them for this to kick in. Or add this same line to the "load" BHAV)

ip2-HideForCutaway.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.18 KB
 Viewed:  6328 Time(s)

ip2-HideForCutaway.gif

ess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off to try it, thanks for your help!

S
KarinL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that work for doors as well??? Or is there something else that works with doors?

Karin
mtaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works for doors as well and should go in the "init common" BHAV.
KarinL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I always thought making doors droppable was something really complicated... laugh
mtaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. yes The first time Raeven told me how to do this, I was like "It can't really be that simple, can it?" laugh
KarinL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh

I think it's because someone told me last year or so I'd need a program to do that (the one from Rooke's Nest, I think).

I figured if you need a program to do it, it must be really complicated... surprise

Actually, it took me about 30 seconds to do three doors, once I'd made a new hex data document for that particular BHAV. yes

And I have some droppable objects that I don't want to drop, so now I can fix those, too... thumbsup

Karin
Drac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggrin your useing .iff pencil to make the changes for the droppable objects? And will this work for a fence? whistle

http://alittlebitofstylishsims.forums-free.com/

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims/

http://lbssims3.forums-free.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you set theese in a non-int BHAV? Like could I give an object a pie menu option "Make me Drop" or "Make me Stay" and have it work?

I'd imagine it would but I just wated to check.

mtaman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drac wrote:
biggrin your useing .iff pencil to make the changes for the droppable objects? And will this work for a fence? whistle

Yes yes
It should work for a fence too. I think I remember seeing somewhere that someone had made the SS fences dropable. Maybe that was how they did it. Try it and let us know. thumbsup

DamonDamore wrote:
Can you set theese in a non-int BHAV? Like could I give an object a pie menu option "Make me Drop" or "Make me Stay" and have it work?

I'd imagine it would but I just wated to check.

headscratch
It seems logically you could. Try it and let us know. thumbsup
Drac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbsup cool... I had thought I had seen a droppable fence a few years ago...but dont remeber where... Will give it a try and let ya'll know.

Thanks smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droppable fences would be so fantastic. If I make a castle or manor-type house, I like to surround the property with a nice stone fence--the higher the better. But that makes it almost impossible to get a good view of certain parts of a garden, etc.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17
Drac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of questions
1. When I click on Iff Pencil to open I get an error message that says

!! Cant Open Script TX.!!

IN BHAV string for the fence there are 2 lines, I changed both, nothing happened,
I changed the first lines as in the above example the fence isnt droppable , but can be placed through walls now.

I am attaching a picture of both lines the first one i changed, the second one I havent .. am wondering if I need to change something else as well?
If so can anyone piont me in the right direction?

Image1.png
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Image1.png
 Filesize:  16.22 KB
 Downloaded:  416 Time(s)

Image2.png
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Image2.png
 Filesize:  15.8 KB
 Downloaded:  441 Time(s)

Raeven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file script.txt needs to be in the same directory as the iffpencil.exe file. This file is what turns the incoherent scramble of numbers in the main window into words we can (basically) read ... or at least recognize.

I'm afraid I don't understand what those images are showing but I do see that your first line says to go to Line 16 if the statement is true. Since there is no line#16 this should be causing an error. That should be a 254 not a 16. (You don't want to make it a 1 because that second line is a function 18 line which is a "Remove Object Instance" line and the object would delete itself from the lot.

If the BHAV you are making changes to does not seem to be having any effect on the object then either the BHAV is one the object does not actually use or the object has not found a reason to use the BHAV yet. For example, init BHAV only run when the object is first placed on the lot. If you close the game and change an object's init BHAV after you put it on to the lot you'll find no changes in THAT instance of the object when you go back. Any you buy after that will follow the new init rules, though.

Being able to be put through walls is happening from a change in another BHAV, not this one. I suspect this BHAV is a "Load" BHAV since those frequently have an EP check and a "Remove Object Instance" line. INIT BHAvs have more going on inside of them and it is in the INIT that the "do not allow a wall on my left side" lines tend to be. If you changed one of those then a wall IS allowed on the left side of that tile now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: