Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I make an object droppable?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madoria

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out in which BHAV to add the line in this
base:

LL Painting : Castel 3 Tapestry Heraldic Black tree Tapestry

Could this be made to droop with the walls ???

I would really want that ...

Susanne jfade's psycho

Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Hot Date all paintings (And other artwork) transfered most of their BHAVS to a semi-global (ArtGlobal.iff). The init BHAV, the one that nees to be changed, is inside of that.

For this you will need to make a new BHAV in your object.

1) First, take a peek inside of the painting's OBJf resource and write down the number you find in the "init" line.

2) Then make a new BHAV (Right-click an empty spot in the main window, pick New... from the menu, Choose BHAV from the Dropdown menu and give it a number that is not already in use, and name it anything you like such as "init-droppable")

Make 2 new lines inside of this BHAV.

With the first line high-lighted type in that "init" number you noted a moment ago (from the OBJf) as the "Function" and enter "1" as the True.

Put the "droppable" code in for the second line. Remember to make the True return "True".

3) Now return to the OBJf resource and enter your new BHAV's id number in the init line.

Madoria

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Raeven !!!!

notworthy

Susanne

Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hug
lilac_sim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notworthy thank you raeven ! I hate it when things are right in the way! hug hug

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Alexa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am getting a nice headache, and I am losing my french... As long as I can ask in english, who cares? :p

So anyway, I made a painting (based it on a two tiles retro from Livin Large), I am still failing to improve the room score, but I will get back to that later. I tried to make it droppable. So I added the init left BHAV and in game, the left side is now dropped. Of course, there is still half of it showing :p

So after going around some more, on another topic related to hack a painting, I found this note from Raeven:

Quote:
Ah multi-tiled painting! You did mention that but it slipped right by me, sorry about that!!

Each tile (each OBJD, to be more accurate) must be attended to separately.

You have 3 OBJD resources and only one OBJf resource. (Objf 16829 which belongs to OBJD 16829).

This means that the other two (OBJD 16827 and OBJD 16828) have the info tucked away in the "old function tree" section of their OBJD, instead. Scroll down in the OBJD and you'll find that section.

I took a peek inside of those two OBJD and theyare using 4106 and 4105. Add your two new lines to the end of those BHAVs as well.

So I went to check mines, 4106 and 4105 were also the related ones. Init left is also 4105 though, so I don't know if this is where my problem comes from. I added the line in 4106 as well, made sure there is a line leading there and such, but it still won't drop in game.

I am sure it's something really stupid I overlooked but I have been at it for a couple of hours now and I feel like I'm running in circles~ Any help will be greatly appreciated <3
Alexa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I am stubborn... remade my paint for it to be on 3 tiles as it was more adapted to the picture, and found on this one how to change the room score. It seems like it worked, but even after all of that my Sim shrugged at it, she must be a tad grumpy. Or maybe I should play with some other features to make her 'think' this is the awesome paint that I see in it :p

But anyway, I still would like to know why half my other paint won't drop. I might not use it on my game but just for the sake of knowing how to do (and I hate something resisting me~), I would like to find what is wrong.
purplewowies

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexa wrote:
I guess I am stubborn... remade my paint for it to be on 3 tiles as it was more adapted to the picture, and found on this one how to change the room score. It seems like it worked, but even after all of that my Sim shrugged at it, she must be a tad grumpy. Or maybe I should play with some other features to make her 'think' this is the awesome paint that I see in it :p

But anyway, I still would like to know why half my other paint won't drop. I might not use it on my game but just for the sake of knowing how to do (and I hate something resisting me~), I would like to find what is wrong.

I don't know if this is right or not, but I heard your Sim (at least partially) bases whether or not they like a painting on how much it costs compared to the other items (or an average of them) in your house.
peter9g

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexa wrote:

So anyway, I made a painting (based it on a two tiles retro from Livin Large), I am still failing to improve the room score, but I will get back to that later. I tried to make it droppable. So I added the init left BHAV and in game, the left side is now dropped. Of course, there is still half of it showing :p

So after going around some more, on another topic related to hack a painting, I found this note from Raeven:

Quote:

You have 3 OBJD resources and only one OBJf resource. (Objf 16829 which belongs to OBJD 16829).

This means that the other two (OBJD 16827 and OBJD 16828) have the info tucked away in the "old function tree" section of their OBJD, instead. Scroll down in the OBJD and you'll find that section.

So I went to check mines, 4106 and 4105 were also the related ones. Init left is also 4105 though, so I don't know if this is where my problem comes from. I added the line in 4106 as well, made sure there is a line leading there and such, but it still won't drop in game.

I am sure it's something really stupid I overlooked but I have been at it for a couple of hours now and I feel like I'm running in circles~ Any help will be greatly appreciated <3

The Retro 2 painting from Livin' Large uses BHAV 4106 to initialize the master OBJD (which has no graphics), but the right tile (OBJD 16829) uses BHAV 4097 "init common". You'll need to add the drop code there.
Alexa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplewowies wrote:
I don't know if this is right or not, but I heard your Sim (at least partially) bases whether or not they like a painting on how much it costs compared to the other items (or an average of them) in your house.

I thought about that, I raised the price from 500 to 2.000 and she still shrugged, but you are right in a way, I have other houses poorly furnished, let me try...

Edit: Even the Gunter said 'yuck', and they live in a... well let's say I didn't touch their house and needed to get them money to even just BUY the paint :p

Well it doesn't matter if they don't like it as long as they don't go look for it, it still does increase the room score and it's what I wanted from it (the Maxis paint I used as a base had a 2 room score). Though if I want to decrease their fun, I have now a new way to do it~

So now, only need to fix my droppable problem.

Thank you for the thought, it was worth a try smile
Alexa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter9g wrote:
The Retro 2 painting from Livin' Large uses BHAV 4106 to initialize the master OBJD (which has no graphics), but the right tile (OBJD 16829) uses BHAV 4097 "init common". You'll need to add the drop code there.

I am going back to it now then! I have to check what I missed, but I have to admit that at 6am I wasn't seeing clear anymore... Thank you! <3

Edit: I just threw the old painting to garbage, it was too messy. I will clone the Retro2 paint again to work on it from start and hopefully this time, it will drop!
Maybe with my will I can make it bend... laugh
Aaron_of_Mpls

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way to make an object droppable, on a case-by-case basis

EDIT: A better post

Last edited by Aaron_of_Mpls on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Alexa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Aaron, though it's for MAC and the link for IFF Pencil actually sends me on a topic I followed to make my paint droppable. Only one side of it is though, it's in 2 pieces and the other still show.

I still have to change it following what Peter said though.
Alexa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter9g wrote:

Yes I was using Retro 2.
I just cloned it again to work on a clean file, and I see no BHAV 4097.
So I changed BHAV 4105, the init left like I did the first time, and the left part of the paint is... not exactly dropped, it disappeared in game. I am good, I make everything disappear!
Well if I put the walls back up, the paint goes back to normal. Guess I am going to be at it for a while

laugh

Edit:
I reused the saved file I cloned, changed BHAV 4106, and nothing happened in game. I will try again another time. Thank you for the help though!

Retro dropped.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.04 KB
 Viewed:  2640 Time(s)

Retro dropped.jpg

peter9g

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexa wrote:
peter9g wrote:

Yes I was using Retro 2.
I just cloned it again to work on a clean file, and I see no BHAV 4097.

You probably have a newer version of the paintings2.iff file which uses the ArtGlobals global. In this case there is no BHAV 4097 because the "init common" code is in the global file (BHAV 8193).

If you edit the ArtGlobals global file then all your pictures that use it should become droppable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Hacker's Hideout All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: