Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pony Kid Skins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Fabulous Fantasies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pophappy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very unique! I love them. Thank you for sharing them.
Prince Avalanche

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Thank you and I love them.

If you can't run with the Big Ponies you might as well stay home.

I'm referring to running with the Mountain Boys and Adventure Boys Ponies.
herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This begs the curiousity question - will there be adults in the future?

And a thanks1 ! It is quite obvious that a great deal of time, effort, planning, execution, with a healthy dash of creativity went into this gift. It's great.
Pyro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this must have been quite a lot of work. surprise But it is all very nice! They turned out wonderfully! yes
jazzl2007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are just adorable...being a huge horse fan it's was a treat to see these...you must had spent a lot of time on creating them....thank you for sharing ...
jane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: kinda weird Reply with quote

It is definitely different, but I'm the odd ball because I think it's kinda weird and creepy to have pony kids.

But good work.
KarinL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a strange idea, too - but they turned out a lot cuter than I'd expected from the description. laugh

I've been trying them out in my game, and they look sweet. They also come with a lot more clothing options than my pale vampire kids... LOL!!!!!

Karin
ruthml

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to reply to Herr Burgermeister (and anyone who is wondering), no plans for adult horse sims at this stage. It may be considered in the future but not until next year.
Those kids took a lot of work and I don't have any energy left to even think about adults let alone start work on them. smile But I'm glad folks are enjoying them - they certainly are unique!

herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckling*

QUITE certain those kids Did take a lot of work. SO, I think we can wait for you to regain enough steam until you're ready to tackle the adults. Still, thank you so much for the kids. They are a different treat.

Here's a thought - since the faun male body
http://pompkyn.fojoodesign.com/fantasy1b.htm
is close enough for a horse, all that would be needed is a tweaking for a female body, and a pair of heads. But then, that's just something to go on when you're ready... NEXT year. *waits with baited breath*[/url]

Okay, I may sound like I"m pushing, so I'll shut up. shutting up...
Pyro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the site allows their meshes to be modified, I'd be willing to make a starter set, since I'm looking for something similar for my Kelpies. The only changes that ruthml would need to do from there would be to slim them down a little, since the Kelp's are based on Fjord horses. Heck, I could do that myself, too. Child skins even have the same basic layout as adult skins, don't they?

The only thing is, I'd have to do it soon, because my Milkshape trial only has eight days left. sad
ruthml

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those meshes of the fauns Herr Burgermeister linked to are by Maxx. Maxx used to be active on TSR forums. I don't know if he's still around or not. They are good legs though the hooves would need to be changed.

What are kelpies and fjord horses?? To me a kelpie is a type of sheep dog.

Loopy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruthml wrote:
What are kelpies and fjord horses?? To me a kelpie is a type of sheep dog.

I know a kelpie to be a supernatural water horse from Celtic folklore. Think the Loch Ness monster. From what I could find online, a Fjord horse is a rather short but very strong breed of horse. *shrugs*
Pyro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelpies aren't anything like what Nessie has become--Scotland has a lot of supernatural water monsters, ranging from horses to eels to wolfdog-fish hybrids. Kelpies look just like normal horses and ponies, but they can turn into people too. Legend says, you have to be very wary of any strange person or strange horse you see loitering around the edge of a loch or pond... because it could be a kelpie... and if some unwitting person climbs onto a kelpie-horse's back, they will find themselves trapped there. Then the kelpie will dash into the water and eat them.

Fjords are these stocky lightish-colored horses from Norway. They're a very old breed--think 2-3 thousand years old--and look a bit like wild horses, with stiff upright manes like a zebra, and some even have these little stripes on their ankles. In my story, I use them as a base for my kelpies.
KarinL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyro wrote:
Kelpies look just like normal horses and ponies, but they can turn into people too.

Is the Kelpie like that horse that gets longer and longer when more people climb on its back?
I think it's called the eagh uisge in Celtic, from what I remember (from working on a fantasy book a few years ago).

I think the puca is the 'land' version of the Kelpie - it doesn't drown people but in some stories it does take them underground into Faery. :)

Karin
Pyro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That horse that gets longer and longer is the Kelpie, I'm pretty sure. Unless it really is the Each Uisge that does that--I read that it was the Kelpie, but so many people get their facts mixed up and claim they're the same animal, so I don't know for certain that it is really supposed to be a feature of the Kelpie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Fabulous Fantasies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: