Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pony Kid Skins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Fabulous Fantasies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince Avalanche

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read it is the Each Uisge that gets longer as more people climb on its back.

If you can't run with the Big Ponies you might as well stay home.

I'm referring to running with the Mountain Boys and Adventure Boys Ponies.
ruthml

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah so Kelpies are from Celtic folklore? That is a cool idea.

Pyro you are welcome to use bits of the pony kid meshes if it will help you - such as the hand hoofs or the feet hooves. I imagine you'd have to delete the horse shoes. The hand hoofs are designed to be larger than child hands so they automatically hide the hands. You'd have to scale them up to be big enough to cover adult hands.

Ditto the mane/tail props & the horse head prop -again you'd have to scale it up so it's adult sized. The pony head is modified from the MM donkey head, scaled down and the ears modified so they were horse ears not long donkey ears.

Pyro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a head, tail and mane already, actually. Went ahead and made my own request. The Kelpie head is also modified from the donkey head--shortened the ears and made it a bit chunkier so it looks more like a Fjord. smile

It turned out there were like twelve Maxx's over at TSR--I don't know if the same guy kept forgetting his password or what--so I figured I'd save myself the hassle of asking and just make a new body with proper horse legs. It's not like I'd have to make the body completely from scratch for crying out loud. I'm going to test it later tonight and see if all looks good in-game--if so all I'll need is the hand hooves and with a little texture mapping it'll be complete. I do like those hand-hooves very much. yes
ruthml

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Maxx of Maxx's sims skins has as an avatar of a dark elf face. dunno if that's any help to identifying the correct Maxx.

ruthml

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxx never really had a policy regarding his meshes. I tried to clarify it with him and he gave permission to share and distribute his meshes, however he didn't permit editing, except he had previously given it to me for a particular project.

I had contacted him previously about using a mesh of his to make the grendel (the ghost npc in the viking campfire). I got lucky - he was still posting on tSR and he briefly opened up his site again. So because he'd already let me edit a mesh, he left it up to me to decide what was done with my versions of his meshes.

So in a way.... I could do something to the mesh shown on the Pompkin site to say I "edited" it, then you could modify it further. That's how we'd get around it and still be in the spirit of the original permission. I could for eg, make the cloven feet not cloven and voila, there's the modification. And like a baton in a relay it gets passed to the next runner, although really I would have barely left the starting blocks.

You may decide however that sounds like a complete pain in the @#$ and in the meantime have come up with your own version. But it's just a thought.

deekitty31

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderfully unique idea! Thank you for sharing these!

N99
Saving The Sims

Pyro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthml, I can't find your hand-hoof meshes. They don't seem to be included in any of the zips I've downloaded. Milkshape is also telling me I've only got five days left on my trial and it's making me kind of nervous. surprise I'd love to use your hand-hooves but I kind of need to know where to find them first...
mtaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are included with the body meshes as part of an integrated mesh. You could delete all of the body mesh and just leave the hoof hands.
André

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is old, but just today decided to download.
I downloaded only the heads, for not mix with the normal skins.
Incredibly, the head comes with the tail and that's pretty cool.
Thanks, must have been very laborious.
Sita

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just discovered this thread. I'm reinstalling Sims 1 and these skins are AMAZING.
Thank you to the creators - marvellous work.

A Hood with creature Sims sounds so cool.... I assume these are ok to use with the full install (right up to MM?)

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Fabulous Fantasies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: