Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olde Towne Revue: Robbery Foiled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siyankan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Olde Towne Revue: Robbery Foiled Reply with quote

As requested by Yersinia, the newest copy of the Olde Towne Revue:

Olde Towne Revue: Robbery Foiled
Wanted criminal Robert Crivens got the surpise of his life yesterday while attempting to rob the newest members of our community: Dawn Dudleigh, matroness of the house, is often up and preparing breakfast for her and her husband by 2 a.m. The moment he popped the lock and slipped open the front door, Mr. Crivens was greeted by the sight of Mrs. Dudleigh's pajama-clad backside leaning over the stove.

As all who follow SimNews7 know, however, Robert Crivens is not known for his timidity. According to Mrs. Dudleigh, the robber walked up to her, tipped his black mask, and proceeded to attempt to lift her stove - cooking breakfast and all - from right underneath her.

"I hardly knew what was going on," Mrs. Dudleigh told the Revue. "It's not a common thing in this neighborhood for someone to waltz in, say 'How do ye do?', and attempt to lift your eggs and bacon, is it?" After being assured that neither robbers nor unexpected breakfast guests are common in Old Town, Mrs. Dudleigh continued, "He was quite a gentleman, so I'm glad I heard the security alarm going off. Otherwise, I would've had to have kneed him, and that just wouldn't have felt right, seeing as he tipped his mask to me."

Indeed, the security alarm saved the day. Patrol officers from Station OT5 responded to the automatic alarm call, entering the house and arresting Mr. Crivens not five minutes after his entry into the house. Says Taliesin Morgan, former SCPD patrolman and the Dudleighs' neighbor: "The regular Sim Lane patrol was just beginning when they received the call, so they were already right down the street. Officer Morano [the patrol driver and Mr. Morgan's former parter] likes to sweep the street a little more often than usual in hopes of catching someone." Officer Morano's partner, who requested to remain nameless, suggested that his attention to Sim Lane is due more to his hope of catching "a doughnut at Taliesin's."

That notwithstanding, the officers were in the right place at the right time. Mr. Crivens was taken into custody and, reportedly, had to share the back seat of the patrol car with the Dudleighs' stove, taken as evidence. "They could have given me my eggs back," Mrs. Dudleigh commented, "but at least they thanked me for the breakfast."

Thanks to a replacement stove shipped in by the Dudleighs' insurance company, Mrs. Dudleigh was able to fix a new breakfast and have it on the table before her husband Amaethon, who had worked late the night before, was even awake.

"He's not a light sleeper," was Mrs. Dudleigh's final comment.

Last edited by Siyankan on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
patos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floorlaugh goodjob
KarinL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floorlaugh

Karin
Yersinia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floorlaugh I love it! Keep 'em coming! thumbsup

~Yersinia.

"Hand over the coffee and no one gets hurt."
Aaron_of_Mpls

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Show and Tell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: