Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter Character Neighborhood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Seasonal Gifts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lilac_sim
Member
Member


Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Posts: 1255
Location: bristol uk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi swan!! I sent swanpride here, only because she loves her harry potter themed game! biggrin
And she was having problems and i also know you guys have done a few themed neighbourhoods! yes

She thought she struck gold when she found your townies too!! laugh
But i also know that once you name them you can change the outfits can't you mars?
Has your townies got changed outfits and stuff, so a punk doesn't come to a hogwarts party!lol
I was going to do one too very soon so i would be very interested in this changing outfits thing! biggrin
So your harry potter thing is just renaming the townies and all the other simmies walking about? smile

_________________

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
17mars
Owner
Owner


Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 5457
Location: Underground Seattle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rename only as I don't know what skins people have and what they don't.

For my own personal game (not this one), I used Sim Enhancer to change the name and appearance of every Townie and vacationer in my Harry Potter hood so they are all dressed in Wizard Robes and Hogwarts wear. But as other people don't have all the skins I have collected, I can't offer that neighborhood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lilac_sim
Member
Member


Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Posts: 1255
Location: bristol uk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no i just wonder what programme you used for it?
thank you mars, its nice to have the townies named right though! hug
oh and the other thing we were talking about! i'm getting my mum to use her card for me ok! hug hug hug hug hug hug
thank you again you are a diamond!

_________________

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
swanpride
Member
Member


Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mars Well, it is more or less what I want...I intend to do a complete Harry Potter sims-game, with each neighborhood representing a different time period. So I may have to change around some things with your neighborhood (ie I want Kingsley as playable character...And I want all the foreign wizards on the vacation island lots, since I intend to build foreign wizards places like durmstrang and beauxbatons there), but with the basic I surely would have less work. (Plus, I haven't even figured out a way to change the name and the clothes...well, I supposed it is possible to do it with sims-wardrobe, but since all the townies are shown there as "kleenex" it is more or less impossible to know who is who, which makes the changing around very akward). I will try the sim enhancer as soon as I have a free weekend, sometimes, between christmas and New Year most likely.

I think, it is really great what you have done...if I figure the whole thing out correctly, I will have much less work than I have to anticipated.

@lilac Yeah, and you know what? I think I will have a special goodie for your yahoogroup for christmas: Shell cottage, with a complete shopping list! I am just working on the last touch! (And yes, this special lot is the reason that the only "real" sims in my game are so far fleur and bill!).

And I have a new list of skins and things I would like in my game...has anybody ever had the idea, to create a knight bus in order to replace the taxi?

And I would love to have a screenreplacement for the town which looks like london (it is actually somewhat surprising, that nobody ever got the idea to do a town screen which looks like a famous city).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruja
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 5974
Location: Under a tall black hat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swanpride wrote:
@mars Well, it is more or less what I want...I intend to do a complete Harry Potter sims-game, with each neighborhood representing a different time period. So I may have to change around some things with your neighborhood (ie I want Kingsley as playable character...And I want all the foreign wizards on the vacation island lots, since I intend to build foreign wizards places like durmstrang and beauxbatons there), but with the basic I surely would have less work. (Plus, I haven't even figured out a way to change the name and the clothes...well, I supposed it is possible to do it with sims-wardrobe, but since all the townies are shown there as "kleenex" it is more or less impossible to know who is who, which makes the changing around very akward). I will try the sim enhancer as soon as I have a free weekend, sometimes, between christmas and New Year most likely.

I think, it is really great what you have done...if I figure the whole thing out correctly, I will have much less work than I have to anticipated.

@lilac Yeah, and you know what? I think I will have a special goodie for your yahoogroup for christmas: Shell cottage, with a complete shopping list! I am just working on the last touch! (And yes, this special lot is the reason that the only "real" sims in my game are so far fleur and bill!).

And I have a new list of skins and things I would like in my game...has anybody ever had the idea, to create a knight bus in order to replace the taxi?

And I would love to have a screenreplacement for the town which looks like london (it is actually somewhat surprising, that nobody ever got the idea to do a town screen which looks like a famous city).


Hi Swanpride,

You have some good ideas in this post, so I'm going to ask you to post them again so everyone, including you, can get the most out of them.

The best way would be for you to copy and past the first 2 paragraphs to a new thread in the theme play forum, Other questions about building your theme game will come up, and it helps us all to have it in the best place.

The screen replacement and bus replacement ideas should each go in a separate new thread in the Wish List area.

Having your ideas buried in the second page of a thread about mars's Potter-named hood isn't going to get you as many people reading and replying.

bruja, moderator smile

_________________
"Do not anger a bard, for your name is silly and it scans to 'Greensleeves'." (I loved it so much I had to steal it)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
swanpride
Member
Member


Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!

I was actually surprised that there wasn't a Harry Potter theme thread allready.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jazzl2007
Member
Member


Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 181

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Harry Potter Neighborhood...thank you for all your hard work and sharing it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cedricdbold
Member
Member


Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 120
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wub thanks1
I finally read the books in the last year or so (borrowed from my niece), saw the movies, then bought the movies....can't stop watching them!!!
NOW I can appreciate all of the Hogwarts objects I have found on various sites - and you have provided the characters for the neighborhood!!!! yesss yesss I can't wait to find those files and try it all out!!! thumbsup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
genietwo
Member
Member


Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 135
Location: Southeast Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea. I've always meant to do a HP neighborhood. Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sappho
Member
Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Harry Potter Character Neighborhood Reply with quote

17mars wrote:
(Large file- Will take a long time to download)
This is a complete neighborhood that has had all of the Townies, Somebodies, Anybodies, Vacation families etc renamed after minor Harry Potter characters.


I'm so looking forward to installing this in my game! My Lady's just going to have to put up with HP characters wandering around ...

Sappho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruja
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 5974
Location: Under a tall black hat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Harry Potter Character Neighborhood Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
17mars wrote:
(Large file- Will take a long time to download)
This is a complete neighborhood that has had all of the Townies, Somebodies, Anybodies, Vacation families etc renamed after minor Harry Potter characters.


I'm so looking forward to installing this in my game! My Lady's just going to have to put up with HP characters wandering around ...

Sappho


You realize that you will have to change the clothing yourself? The easiest way is to use Sim Enhancer 3D, after you have loaded a Skins folder with the things you want your HP sims to wear.

I don't know who My Lady is, but mars has made a complete neighbourhood, and it should have no impact on your other hoods. I think you can install it if you have at least one expansion pack.

_________________
"Do not anger a bard, for your name is silly and it scans to 'Greensleeves'." (I loved it so much I had to steal it)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sappho
Member
Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Harry Potter Character Neighborhood Reply with quote

Quote:
You realize that you will have to change the clothing yourself?

Yes, absolutely - and the reasoning for that is very good.
Quote:
The easiest way is to use Sim Enhancer 3D, after you have loaded a Skins folder with the things you want your HP sims to wear.

When we have some spare money, I'm definitely buying it. I am not sure if I had done so years ago but, if I did, I don't have it now.
Quote:
I don't know who My Lady is

I mean my partner. She's playing Sims again too - and her neighbourhoods are likely to be more spacy (although also often with a medieval theme).
However, since we are playing different neighbourhoods (we thought about both playing the same so that our characters could interact but it seemed like a bad idea in the end), the name changes won't affect her. When I posted, I wasn't sure about that. I'd thought it was more global. I'm not sure WHY I thought that, though.
Quote:
I think you can install it if you have at least one expansion pack.

We've got the full set - and this will be the first time I've ever actually played with them all. Last time round, I got sidetracked fixing prices and categorisations of downloaded objects (which I can see happening again but I'm going to try really hard to play as well).
Sappho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruja
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 5974
Location: Under a tall black hat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Harry Potter Character Neighborhood Reply with quote

Sappho wrote:
She's playing Sims again too - and her neighbourhoods are likely to be more spacy (although also often with a medieval theme).


I finally admitted to myself that trying to have different theme hoods inside a single game was a pain: too much time avoiding the wrong stuff. So I duplicated the game (I did it with a no custom content game, but that's not necessary), put the no CD hack into each, reduced the hoods in each game to 4 (again, not necessary, but I'm setting up several themes), and install in each only theme appropriate custom content.

That way, if 1 player has no need for medieval or space age stuff, it doesn't clutter up the game. If you already have in the game which you duplicate cc skins that don't match the theme, just remove the bmp's. You can leave the meshes in case you ever find theme appropriate skins on those meshes. This bmp removal isn't the way to do it on a mac, though, I'm pretty sure.

_________________
"Do not anger a bard, for your name is silly and it scans to 'Greensleeves'." (I loved it so much I had to steal it)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sappho
Member
Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shell cottage, with a complete shopping list! I am just working on the last touch!


Oooooh, much excitement!

I'm going to tackle Grimmauld Place once I've finished object testing.

>>> has anybody ever had the idea, to create a knight bus in order to replace the taxi? >>>

I've had the idea but that's as far as it goes. I was thinking that if the school bus could be recoloured and repurposed that might work but I've got no real idea on the subject.

Of course, car pool isn't quite as problematic (IMO anyway) since we know that the Ministry does have some cars available.

Quote:
And I would love to have a screenreplacement for the town which looks like london (it is actually somewhat surprising, that nobody ever got the idea to do a town screen which looks like a famous city).


That would be seriously cool! That or something more wizardy.

Sappho[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sappho
Member
Member


Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Harry Potter Character Neighborhood Reply with quote

Quote:
I finally admitted to myself that trying to have different theme hoods inside a single game was a pain: too much time avoiding the wrong stuff. So I duplicated the game (I did it with a no custom content game, but that's not necessary), put the no CD hack into each, reduced the hoods in each game to 4 (again, not necessary, but I'm setting up several themes), and install in each only theme appropriate custom content.


Oh, now THAT makes sense.

Quote:
That way, if 1 player has no need for medieval or space age stuff, it doesn't clutter up the game. If you already have in the game which you duplicate cc skins that don't match the theme, just remove the bmp's. You can leave the meshes in case you ever find theme appropriate skins on those meshes.[b]


It probably isn't such an issue for us because our tastes overlap somewhat. I might quite like to have cybermen wandering around my Vacation lots, for example, and I know she's going to want the medieval scullery maid somewhere or other.

OTOH, I think that the changes I want to make to careers are global (aren't they?) and she might not appreciate having Auror, Quidditch, and Ministry careers. Then again, she might.

On that subject, do you know if anyone's already made HP career tracks? I've got my own ideas but it might be fun to see what someone else has done.

Sappho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Seasonal Gifts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group