Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Object Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~Aya~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Object Conversion Reply with quote

hi, is it possible to convert sims 2 objects to sims 1? if yes do you know any tutorials?
KarinL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's possible, but I don't think anyone ever wrote a tutorial. ATS and Parsimonious have both done it, though.

The thing you need to remember is that Sims2 objects are 3-dimensional and on a mesh, while Sims1 objects are 2-dimensional and made in four rotations and tilted so they *look* 3-dimensional.
I think you'd need to get pictures of the item for the four views (NE, SE, NW, SW) and use those sprites for your Sims1 object.

Karin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know what to do in principle is:

1. export the Sims2 object with SimPi to get a normal 3D object. With texture and everything.

For this part you have to find a SIms2 tutorial that explain how to change Sims2 object or how to creat sims2 objects.

2. import it into a 3D Graphik program, most commonly used Anim8or. from this point you can use a Sims1 tutorial that explain how to creat a Sims1 object out of a 3D file. We have a couple here ;)

~Aya~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok, thanks might try thos ways, and post up help if i need some.

another question, how about sims 1 skins and or clothes? is it possible converting meshes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Novice's Nook and Reference Materials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: