Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autumn Decorating Challenge! Fabulous Participation Gift!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Autumn Decorating Challenge! Fabulous Participation Gift! Reply with quote

Of course, we love Halloween here at Simblesse Oblige. But there is so much more to autumn besides Halloween. For this challenge, we would like to see what makes you think of autumn. Choose any lot--home, away, vacation, whatever--and do it up in a way that makes us see Fall through your eyes. Maybe it's a classroom, maybe a farm at harvest time, or maybe you live somewhere where autumn isn't much different from summer and winter. Whatever you think of when you hear September, October, November, that's what we want to see.(If you're in the Southern Hemisphere, maybe you can show us those months in your part of the world, or else what your autumn months look like!)
The other requirement will be that you include a description (in your post) of why this lot is autumn to you--make us smell it and hear it and taste it, if you can! Think of it as a mini-essay, or maybe a poem. biggrin

The lots don't have to be downloadable, but if you intend to make them available, please include a shopping list in the zip file, along with EP requirements. Please post a preview pic here on SO, and then link to the complete display wherever you normally have your pictures hosted.

All participants will receive this gift--"A Welsh Sitting Room", by TheIms3. The set includes 2 shelves (one is based on the Apple-Snack Hutch from SSoW and the short one is on Eradia's funskills bookcase base) the chair (Pollymogs base), the end table, the miner's lamp, 2 engravings and 1 painting of famous landmarks from the island of Anglesey, the rug, the wall and the floor.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17
Sita

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pretty! makes me want to pull out my Sims and try the challenge - haven't played for some time now.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mdamlady

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!! Love this set and now that I finally got the Haunted House done - I'll get right on this!!

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's open ended so there's no rush. smile
mdamlady

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but I need some inspiration!! laugh

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
mdamlady

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen Herr's Victorian Haunted?

http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=7239

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4
Dandelion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!!!

I *love* autumn
lilac_sim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh i love the cabinets and those pictures!! lovely!! hug I may have time now i have finished my trick or treat gift.
Herr's victorian haunted mansion ooooohhh!!! must have a look at that, thanks denise!! hug

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
empressldc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a lovely set! I hope to fins time to do this challenge, because I really love autumn.
friedenlinde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's such a pretty and inspiring room! biggrin love Autumn wub I may give a try to this nice challenge yes
Madame Rosa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn in the Midwest means harvest time. Fall food here is rich and includes the best of the season. Grapes, berries, squash, corn, and nuts all come into the farmer's markets in the Fall.
It's time to switch out the closets from hot weather gear to warm, soft comfy sweaters. Sound and scent carry better in cool air making Autumn a season for the senses.The scent of burning leaves, firepits, ripe apples, hot chocolate, the laughter of kids as they play in the leaves or shriek through the streets on Halloween, even the high pitched drone of the leaf blower are all sensations I look forward to each year.
The cooler temperatures allow for more outdoor activities for people who don't tolerate heat well. There are so many things to do and see. We like going for walks to enjoy the colors of the foliage, watching the gees start their migration, seasonal shopping,carnivals,county fairs, and Oktoberfest. We usually shop for lawn ornaments in the Fall , though I don't think we'd get anything as large as the one pictured.
Everything seems to taste better, and the cravings for potato soup, italian beef, chili and spaghetti start to kick in. There's cider in the fridge and hot chocolate in the cupboard. The occasional hot toddy aint bad either.
We get a lot of trick or treaters,so I go a little nuts with my candy purchases to make sure I have enough for them and me. 3 for them, one for me.
Sorry this was so rushed, my daughter called to tell me she was having contractions last night and I need to go pack. http://img97.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img97/5053/1256150532r48.smil Happy Fall!!
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it! It was like illustrations for your narrative!
I will pm or email your gift in the next 2 days--although it sounds like you may be away from your computer for a bit--God be with you and your daughter and family! What a joyful way to celebrate fall, with a new baby. smile

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the bon fire with the Burbs! Beautiful house and lot! Nicely done!
Looks like a whole autumnal neighborhood!
patos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, just lovely. And goes so very well with the weather we are having here! Makes me feel like it really is autumn now.
Thanks for sharing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: