Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacements for Cars+Buses for Medieval/Lotr Hoods
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oreocreme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! I understood what you were saying, peter9g, but I have no idea how to do it. What program would you use to edit your carpool options? You did yours on a Mac so I couldn't use what you used. Is there a PC-based program that would allow you to edit Car Portals? Your screenshot shows IFF Snooper. Does that work for PCs or is it a Mac program?
peter9g

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IFFSnooper is Mac only, but PC users can edit the CarPortal.iff BHAV code with IFFPencil2 - see the Hacker's Hideout forum for some tutorial links to get you started.
eph

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there some other website apart from Scooby Sims that offers such vecicle replacements? I'm very interested in this and would even be willing to pay (which I seldom are), but I think that website is broken because as soon as I click that link I'm told that I'm banned from that website, and it's the same for my friend. It's very unlikely that two completely different IPs from different companies are banned from the same site.

Damon, a closed carriage drawn by a big fat worker horse would be grand.
ruthml

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Scooby Sims: the site must be down or closed -

I wonder if there is anyway to contact the owner?

mtaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a yahoo group http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoobySims/ that is associated with the web site that has several messages that ask the same question but have received no reply.
KarinL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't even get into Scooby's Yahoo group...

And I could really use some replacements:

laugh
mtaman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose one could make a set of extracted vehicles "invisible" and the sims would simply disappear when it was time.
KarinL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an idea... I might just do that, those buses and taxis look just TOO silly...

Karin
mtaman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Welcome to Scoobysims.

It is with great regret that I must announce the closure of Scoobysims.

This site was created to cater for The Sims1 and it's following expansion packs. Since the advent of Sims2 the original Sims1 is (sadly) no longer in demand.

I may, in the future, cater for Sims2, but at the moment that's on the backburner as I have so many other things in real life to deal with.

Love and hugs to all my fellow Sim buddies, hope you are happy in what you are doing, and good luck to you all for the future.

Scooby xx
mattydontlikeit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone made any progress on this problem? I'm only just now beginning to educate myself on this topic, and the cars must go, from all lots. If I can't replace them with something horse-drawn, I want to at least disappear them. I've had it in my head to try to hack out something from the rideable horses, but wouldn't know where to begin. Thing of it is, I want to replace all the cars, including especially the ones that meander up and down the streets in Downtown, Old Town, Studio Town. I'd be content to replace the in-game defaults, but failing that, to just get rid of them.
Sappho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Apparition Reply with quote

mtaman wrote:
I suppose one could make a set of extracted vehicles "invisible" and the sims would simply disappear when it was time.

I wonder if anyone has thought more about this idea? It would be perfect, IMO, for a Harry Potter neighbourhood. The adults would just apparate to work. It seems to me that they could still have to walk to the portal to actually do the apparition (after all, many houses would still have their wards up after the war, surely).

Also, it could be neat to replace (and I know I'm not the first person to suggest this) at least one of the work vehicles with, say, the Knight Bus - for Sims who are not good at apparition. A portkey could also be a good option (along the same lines as an apparition point).

Sappho
Abeternal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Invisible Reply with quote

I've made my buses and cars invisible… also replaced the sounds of honking with the shuttle bell. Much better now.
Sappho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Invisible Reply with quote

Abeternal wrote:
I've made my buses and cars invisible… also replaced the sounds of honking with the shuttle bell. Much better now.

That would certainly work.

Um ... how did you do it?

Sappho
Abeternal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to reply so late... Only saw the pst now... blush
I can hardly remember... but it involves exporting the object with TMog, editing the properties of one set of qualities (the set of images dealing with transparency level - sprites ending in "a") in Photoshop, and replacing the game's version of the bus with yours. You only need to make three vehicles transparent, the shuttle, bus, and junker. All other cars can be replaced with the junker.

If you are still interested, I can try to get my old stuff together and give a more detailed explanation.

It might be easier just to make my files available here if anybody wants them...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: