Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A band (solved) thanks peter9g
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herr burgermeister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the past few years, I thought having a fake band set up as a jukebox would be wonderful. At least all the "band members" would be playing the same music. But if you are able to get this object working as it was in teh Online game, Peter, THAT would be freaking FanTastic!

However, if worst comes to worst, there is always the possiblity of turning it into a static object, adding fake sims to it and make it a jukebox. wink

“[T]he only thing that matters is love. That’s the only thing you can take with you when you die. Not your body, not your gold, not your cattle, not your country. Love is the only thing. And not the love you get, but the love you give in this life. It’s strange how that is, but it’s true. It doesn’t matter whether you’re loved in return – if you love, that love is yours. On earth as it is in Heaven.” – Leof, The Kingdom of Lothere
diamondnell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know if Peter is still around the Sims community? This band object he was working on looks sooooooooo incredibly cool.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter9g was still posting here a few days ago. Whether his RL leaves him any time for making cc is something I don't know.
diamondnell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, bruja. I quit simming for a year and am just now getting back into it. (External hard drive crash... game data okay but redownloading nightmare... oh who am I kidding, I love downloading sprees!)
ludi_ling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any updates on this project? Even an NPC version for nightclubs would be cool...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to popular demand here is the unfinished band object conversions with props and animations. PC users will probably need to extract the props and animations from the far files, although you might be lucky and get the far files to work by putting everything in the Downloads folder.

The converted instrument code comes from the guitar, so Sims with low skills are painful for other Sims to listen to. You have been warned ...
Nana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am number 3 to download this great new goodie. Thank you Peter. thumbsup I can't wait to try it out in my game.

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims53/
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims54/
bluesage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4. clap
peter9g

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how the band works in your games smile
pawlee1023

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on a PC, and at first I tried to just keep everything (the .far files and the .iff) together in one folder, which was then placed under "Downloads" (just like Maxis does with their .fars files) , but it crashed my game sad . I then took your advice and extracted the skins and animations out from each of the .fars, and placed them in the Skins folder (164 files! jfade's psycho ) , and everything loaded properly into my game.

I did a quick test on a home lot, with only two adult Sims (male and female) , and had each adult try out the different musical instruments. I like how they look while playing each instrument and the drums, but I had a bit of trouble understanding how the money payout worked. It seemed that there were a lot of popup windows showing "failure", then suddenly a "success" with a few Simoleons added to the household bank account. Then the cycle of "failure-to-success" began again. I'm not sure if it was because I added another Sim to the band, and that second Sim was suddenly earning money at the same time as the first Sim was performing, resulting in a lot of popups, or maybe it was because I was having them switch instruments which started the "failure-to-success" cycle over again?

I also thought there would be music when they performed, but they played in silence smile What did it sound like when the Sims performed on this Band object in The Sims Online? Was the music the same as what we hear in our game's stereos and jukeboxes, or did Maxis provide special songs for this object? Are the music files from TSO available?

All in all, I like this object very much, and just need some time to test it out using a larger household (with children) , and maybe test it out in a Downtown bar to see if the Townies like to perform for their neighbors thumbsup

- Polly
peter9g

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Polly

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you were able to get the skins and animations to work on the PC.

I had not played with the band in a while so I forgot that the success/failure code from TSO is still in there, and should probably be removed (at least on residential lots). I also forgot to enable the music blush

If I have time over Labour Day I will make a more user-friendly version.

Peter
peter9g

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a new version of the band object without the annoying win/lose dialogs.

Peter
mdamlady

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful - perfect!!

Thank you!!

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4
pawlee1023

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peter, for the updated version of the band (hopefully this time with music smile )

I'll try it out in my game and let you know how it works! biggrin

- Polly
peter9g

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No music yet ...
whistle

I think the best way would be to add an invisible stereo object, but I haven't got it set up in game yet.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: