Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A band (solved) thanks peter9g
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdamlady

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An invisible Stereo would work in a pinch!!

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4
Mary Martha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE this object,but I had a problem with the guitar option not showing up. When my Sim first played the guitar everything was fine,but after playing all the other instruments,the guitar option wouldn't come up again.

Also,is there anyway these instruments can be split up so they're just single instruments?
Kopernik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Please tell me were can I download animations?
I downloaded from TSO_band_BETA.zip but my game crushed when is loading. :(
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone extracted the skins and put them in the skins folder when they had crashing. You could try that. I think everything is in the far, otherwsie. I'm just trying this now myself.

I can say for sure this works. I have it working in my game, although it needs a bit of tuning to be useable. By which I mean the dialogues get in the way. Would anyone mind if I messed around with it?

francot514

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where to download this new interesting object? and most important where to download TSo resource files, i want to mod it too...
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where to get TSO files, I figured people had their own copies and extracted things. As the server is no longer up and you can't play it you could probably dig up a copy somewhere cheap.

As for this object, check earlier int he thread (I think the first page).

Kopernik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore wrote:
I think someone extracted the skins and put them in the skins folder when they had crashing. You could try that. I think everything is in the far, otherwsie. I'm just trying this now myself.

I can say for sure this works. I have it working in my game, although it needs a bit of tuning to be useable. By which I mean the dialogues get in the way. Would anyone mind if I messed around with it?

When I copy a *far files in skins catalog game crushed. Maybe someone has a extract files? Please send me yours files...
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I want to say there's a version without all the message boxes, if you don't have that one, get it.

I can't seem to upload files for some reason, I'm more than willing to send you a ZIP... PM me and maybe I can E-mail it to you?

Kopernik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamonDamore wrote:
First I want to say there's a version without all the message boxes, if you don't have that one, get it.

I can't seem to upload files for some reason, I'm more than willing to send you a ZIP... PM me and maybe I can E-mail it to you?

I send my e-mail by PM, I have another request the same problem with TSO sci-fi dresser... :( http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=6089&highlight=[/color]tso when I copy files game crushed. Someone has any idea?
francot514

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant join thaT YAHOO groups, can you help me with that?
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started tinkering with this a bit (fixed the guitar and Watch interaction) and then realized there might be another version already done. Is this the case?

And can I just saw little kids going bonkers on the drums is about the cutest darn thing I've seen in this game in AGES!

SimmingSims55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's not too much of an issue to reply to this topic since the last reply was over a month ago, but I think if I read correctly that Peter made the object but never put the music/sounds in, Raven, if that helps. hug

I would love to see the finished version since it sounds like such a cute idea. smile
Raeven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw mention of that in this thread but I was away for a few years so was not sure if it'd been done and uploaded elsewhere (another thread or website) by Peter or by anyone else.

I'd be happy to uploaded the one I tinkered with but it really only has a couple of little hiccups fixed to make it playable, it isn't actually "finished". What I did amounts to fixing a couple of typos.

To be more specific I
Code:
(1) Added 1 line to BHAV #4111 "Play Guitar - Main":
   Stack Obj's Attribute 3 Assign To: 0

(2) Added 3 lines to BHAV 4200 :
   Stack Obj's Attribute 16 Equals? 1
   Stack Obj's Attribute 17 Equals? 1
   Stack Obj's Attribute 18 Equals? 1

(3) Added replaced Mood check in BHAVs #4198, #4298, #4398, #4498 with a more thorough private call to a new sub routine, BHAV 5417 "Am I in a Bad Mood". This new BHAV is a copy of BHAV 5418, modified to show no thought balloons.

In my notes to myself I also wrote
Quote:
Issue: Drums' cymbals are haunted and keep twitching when no one is playing them :)
I think this is happening because of stuff in BHAV 4102 "Functional - main - Smart Tile" but have only given it a quick look over so far.

• It still has no sound
  • I did nothing with the social and relationship.
  • I didn't move the children's stool to it's rightful place when they play keyboard.
  • Didn't move/rotate the trumpet prop (not included in zip anyway. Just listed a reminder that it is a bit out of sync)

Here's the iff file WITHOUT the required animations or props
(fyi, on a PC with win 10 I did need to unFAR that stuff to get it working)

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have everything un-FAR'd.

I think my solution to adding music was to use the UL big band / build mode even if it might not always make sense.

I was tinkering with it and am not sure how far I got.

Raeven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to reinvent any wheelss if the thing was already done somewhere and if it wasn't I didn't really wan to just dive in and step on any toes so I only went as far as making it playable and making a little wishlist for myself.

The actual TSO music files were, of course, first choice as far as music goes but I figured if I were picking it up and running with it I'd use radio stations.

Also on the list was changing the slot and/or "watch" interaction so folks could sit down and listen to the band (while others, more outgoing perhaps or higher energy) still stood and danced (assuming the collective creativity was high enough)

And incorporating Superstar's Super Stardomness into it .. +fame just like a karaoke stage. I reckon for that only the individual highest fame amount would really count (though knowing me I'd probably cave to see if multiple super stars were involved so people could freak out properly. Having not messed with Fame at all that is all more vague "if"ing, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: