Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rug-O-Matic Problems!! **NOT SOLVED**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sita wrote:
Yes, Damon, but painfully, one tile at a time. I'm dyslexic and I can't get my head around it (using TMog) at all.

Well yes, but it can be done. I suppose making a template rug with "LEFT BACK, CENTER BACK, RIGHT BACK, &c." listed wouldn't help you? You can paste in the entire image and then only lay it over the part that will be used.

wilduniverse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Rug-O-Matic Reply with quote

I was just today able to redownload the Rug-O-Matic using the Wayback Machine at: Just type in the internet address http://www.archive.org/web/web.php and then enter the old website in the space provide (www.lushcreations.com) then hit Take Me Back :)
Sita

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version that's posted there allows the making of 1 tile of carpet. What we are trying to get hold of is the "pay" version that is now no longer available - even though several people here have actually paid to register it, we can no longer get the executable - that did allow the making of multi-tiled carpets.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be that you can't get it through "proper" means anymore, which is a shame. What's worse is that you can still pay for something you can't download! angry
Sita

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I have been able to find out I cant get it by proper OR improper means. It's just NOT available, which is a crying shame.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Halloweenscorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Rugs Reply with quote

We always made rugs before Rug-O-Matic, it just made them insanely easy. If I make templates for rugs, I'll let you know.
Halloweenscorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Setting textures for rugs Reply with quote

I've been fiddling around and I've remembered what needs to be done to make a rug pre-Rugomatic
Resize the texture to 126 x 177.
Enlarge the canvas size to 300 x 300 or something similar
Horizontal skew 45 degrees
Vertical skew -26 degrees

From this point you apply the texture the same as you do for other objects. I personally like to make a reassembled rug with different solid colors for each piece. I put the texture on a new layer, drop it to the bottom and click the section I want, then I bring the texture back to the top and I have a perfect cut. :-)
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Setting textures for rugs Reply with quote

Halloweenscorpio wrote:
I personally like to make a reassembled rug with different solid colors for each piece. I put the texture on a new layer, drop it to the bottom and click the section I want, then I bring the texture back to the top and I have a perfect cut. :-)

That's the technique I use for texture mapping skins, and for making murals. You're right: the cut is always perfect!

Yamirose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whatever it's worth - I started using Rug-O-Matic again a few months ago and was most disappointed to find that it could no longer be registered. But the link to pay for the registry was there so I thought maybe it would still work - after all, if the payment goes through, surely the guy who made it would get the money & know to send a registration through. Yes, that was rather naive of me to think that.

The payment did go through just fine - the money ($10) went out of my account immediately. But instead of taking me to the page where I could get the registration code - it came up with an error page that said the necessary module was no longer on the site.

I emailed the email address on the page - no reply.

I emailed the email address on the Vendor page in Paypal (that the money had gone to) - no reply.

I ended up submitting a claim through Paypal to get my $10 back. I did get it refunded in the end, but it took the full time that they gave the vendor to reply, so clearly he didn't reply to them either. It seems that he's just dropped completely off the web.

Which is a great shame. Rug-O-Matic makes rug-making so easy. Still, even if you can only make 1x1 rugs, you can still use that to make larger rug-making much easier.

If you take your original image (unskewed) and divide it up, then put each piece of that image through the program, it spits out perfect 1 square rugs with all views. From there you just need a rug base that you can clone and drop the images into the right folders. Or you can just cheat and put all of the pieces into your game as they are, and reassemble your rug in the game - it takes all of the pain out of aligning rug pieces laugh
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamirose wrote:

If you take your original image (unskewed) and divide it up, then put each piece of that image through the program, it spits out perfect 1 square rugs with all views. From there you just need a rug base that you can clone and drop the images into the right folders. Or you can just cheat and put all of the pieces into your game as they are, and reassemble your rug in the game - it takes all of the pain out of aligning rug pieces laugh

Of course! How clever of you! thumbsup

Yamirose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh Thanks bruja.
anoush

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just wanted to let everyone know that Don is on Facebook you could try contacting him there. I think its terrible that if you make a program and charge people for it then make sure you are still available for help, if not then take your darn site down. You would have thought that he would have at least created a generic code for everyone to use and givin the darn thing for free if he was going to drop off the face of the earth.
Anoush
P.S I apologize for my tirade if he is no longer with us, literally

lilac_sim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is He anoush, Is it the real Him as I will go see Him, as I brought It too, have a registered Number that I THOUGHT would work still and I tried It Just and NO such Luck, It keeps trying to generate a Gibberish Number and saying sorry this doesn't Match your serial Number! angry

Its REALLY annoying that people have Paid for It and Its NOT working! There MUST be some way to get those Iff's to work, I'm Gonna have a look at It and see If I can get It to work! ITS very bad AS there MUST be someone still Paying for His site surely?? It can't Just be free to use still?
TERRIBLE that there are still details that take your money BUT don't Give you the Number anymore. mad
There MUST be something that is Making everyone's Programs Not work as soon as they have to re-install It?? It can't Just be On windows XP as Mine is windows 7 and Its doing the same Thing as everyone else's.

ALSO has anyone Tried here, Its a Long shot BUT as far as I can see the Last Thing Updated is 31 weeks ago? Maybe He Might answer there?

http://www.donhopkins.com/drupal/tracker

I see Maybe the Last Thing he submitted though It 2008, which isn't ridiculously Long ago, anyone Know when rugomatic stopped Giving Out These Numbers? was It recently OR Long ago Like I thought It was?

Like I said earlier SURELY someone is Paying for These websites still?? They can't Just be free for years can they??

ALSO here are some Other email address's For Him here:

http://www.donhopkins.com/home/resume.html

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
lilac_sim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys thought I would Let you Know I went and sent a message to Don Hopkins On Facebook , Hopefully he gets back to me Or at least Does something, here is what I sent Him:

EDITED

I sent a Message On His FB account , here is what I said:

Hello, I'm contacting you about Your rugomatic Program, I don't Know If you are aware that No One can Buy your Program anymore and For anyone who Once brought It, me Included , The Number we got given No Longer works. I don't Know why this is happening BUT people are saying that they are still able to try to Buy It... BUT the paypal takes the Money, then after There is No Number Given to them to Make the rugomatic work. So some people are a Little angry that they didn't get what they paid for. Everytime someone pays for It they go to this Part to get their registration Number and It say's an error has occured.

I Think people Just want to be able to Buy It still Or If you don't want to do It anymore, Maybe thinking Of Making It free??
I Know plenty Of people prepared to Pay still But .... they are Upset at Not being able to get a Number and Of course In the case Of Others .... Not having the Number they Paid for working anymore.

The links Given with the original Files also No Longer take you to your Site, so I can't go with My original Number to get an Updated One, as This New computer I have, I obviously had to re-install Rugomatic, thats when I found Out My Number I brought , No Longer works. Obviously I brought This ages ago, as I have Played for about 7 Years. I have No proof That I brought This Now and There is No One on the site to contact about This , Or any Other problems we Might Encounter.

I Understand RL sometimes takes you away from things etc, I Know this too well. But so Many people still want to Use your Great Program and I think It would be a real shame If no one could ever get It again. Everyone is finding after a Re-install that their Number that has worked for years No Longer works. Alot Of people are Very sad about This.

Hope you reply , as we have all Been trying to contact you for ages about This Don, None Of your Public emails are working anymore. I Hope to hear from you about Rugomatic an I Just wanted to Thank you for Your programs , as without them we wouldn't be having so Much fun with The sims!

Thank you again , yours

Clare Rawlins (Lilac_sim)

If you want to come and explain to anyone Or Just let me Know what you are going to do about It, Please contact me Via My email:

Lilacsfiles@gmail.com OR Lilac_sim@yahoo.com

OR you can contact me here, Thank you .

HOPEFULLY we get some sort Of reaction Or reply! Or even better FREE!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsmaximatchers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacsthemesforsims1
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/lilacshistoricalsims
Yamirose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed this thread hasn't been updated with the latest info.

Lilac_sim's contact attempt was a great success. Not only did Don Hopkins reply to her, but he took immediate steps to make the full version of the Rug-o-matic program available FREE to everyone. There's no longer any need to pay to register. There's now a code available that will unlock the registered program features (the larger rug sizes) for free. Get the code from:

www.thesimstransmogrifier.com/GetRugOMaticLicense

Thank you for contacting Don Hopkins about this, Lilac_sim :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: