Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM/gothy carts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socrstchik wrote:

And I am safe to assume the new Gothic section is for things other than just this project?

Assumptions are never safe! tongue

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, anyone can post Gothy goodies in the new section although I did create it specifically for these stellar objects.
ess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well i've been away from my computer for a few days and missed out! I changed my espresso cart to the smoothie cart because Dominia made an espresso cart...rigtht now I have the Sushi stand, the Smoothie stand, and the Cheap Eats stand. All of which are finally in the testing phase...gotta check those Z sprites!

I've scrapped the espresso cart I started, but I might have some ideas for a Halloween update in the near future...

How exciting to have been a part of such a collaborative effort!

S
DOMINIA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellllllllllllp! Aaaaargh wall

Anyone want to volunteer to do the buffers for my stands? tomato

I'm about to lose what's left of my mind. I'm working on a million things at once - and these buffers are just getting worse and worse the more I mess with them.
I can't seem to get it all coordinated right (buffer wise) with the animations, and also when the clerk walks around them. I'm at the "toss it into the trash point" I'm that frustrated.
I keep going back and forth and back and forth . . . and I know time is passing. I've lost my patience. taz

I give up. surrender
PM me if you wanna do them. I'll send the images for all 3 stands, so you can lose your mind too . . .
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little report from here in the Swamp of Gothy Carts. Do not yet Abandon All Hope.

If you have been reading other threads, you may know that Dominia was having z-buffer issues, then her TMog died.vampire

My computer refuses to open any zip that Thalia has sent me. jfade's psycho

And I got lost in the Perilous Forest of Switching GUIDs when I couldn't even find the GUIDs that I needed to switch.wall

But peter9g arrived with a keg of brandy, and found them for me.clap

Then it turned out that the food counter that I had chosen almost entirely at random as my test didn't use NPC GUIDs the same way as other objects jfade's psycho Once again, peter9g saved me from madness. I think.

I am now on my fourth day of playing with switching GUIDs, and renaming NPC skins so they won't show up on Townies, etc. Luckily, I have mtaman's excellent examples of renamed NPC skins to study. Except for a bit of skinning, and cooking (My family obstinately refuses to stop eating for the duration), I'm still working on this, and hope to emerge from the Swamp with some Gothy Food Carts. drawingboard wall drawingboard angrypc

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent the last 8 hours (not to mention the last 4 days) trying to get an ice cream cart, a hot dog cart, or a cheap eats counter to work with switched GUIDs, with a total failure rate of 100% so far.

I'm heading back over to Hacker's Hideout to ask if there might be some step that the tutorials assumed I'd know, so didn't tell me.

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sushi counter test also did not work.

Luckily, peter9g has offered to help. I have sent him two counters that didn't work, and he is looking through code to try to find out why, since the GUID changes seem to have been done correctly.

As far as I can remember, I have seen only one example of a hot date food counter or superstar food counter that worked with a different NPC. So perhaps these carts are more difficult than the restaurant podiums, etc.

socrstchik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's happening with these carts? Does anyone need help attaching NPCs? Or other help?

I ask for (nearly) purely selfish reasons... laugh

peter9g

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a problem getting the NPCs to show up in game, which was eventually solved, but not in time for Hallowe'en 2010.

Peter
Beth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering what's going on with this project? Are you guys still working on this? Or has it been shelved indefinitely?
socrstchik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter9g wrote:
There was a problem getting the NPCs to show up in game, which was eventually solved, but not in time for Hallowe'en 2010.

Peter

Can they be posted whenever then? I'd like to get my greedy little paws on them. wink

peter9g

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a cart base for testing out NPC creation code. Bruja would have a better idea when we might see the finished objects and skins.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter9g sent me a cart to test in early February. Unfortunately for the project, I have been travelling since the middle of January, with only occasional internet access, and that so inconvenient that I dealt only with critical email. Like letting my family know every 10 days or so that I was still alive and well. laugh

I'll be home at the end of this month, and will get back to work on this project as soon as I'm settled in. yes Being totally away from simming for more than 7 weeks (not even counting the time before I left when for months I was so busy that I kept finding myself eating breakfast or lunch in the car while I was driving to yet another meeting sad sad ) has made me keen to to have some time and energy to start simming again.

Beth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, Bruja! Can't wait to see those carts for download whistle

But more importantly, I hope that with all that travelling and those irregular meals, you're keeping well! Look after yourself!

Thalia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this because it's getting to be that time of the year again; I'm feeling a bit of a nip in the air.

Just wondering if folks were up for continuing along with this. For me I'm still game, assuming I can find time between being up to my ears in kittens (Don't ask. Holy mother of the cats what a lot of work. Cute, adorable, frisky, purry work, but still work. :) )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: