Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM/gothy carts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! Me too! Active little monkeys , aren't they? Mine just turned 4 months.
friedenlinde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thalia wrote:
Bumping this because it's getting to be that time of the year again; I'm feeling a bit of a nip in the air.

Just wondering if folks were up for continuing along with this. For me I'm still game, assuming I can find time between being up to my ears in kittens (Don't ask. Holy mother of the cats what a lot of work. Cute, adorable, frisky, purry work, but still work. :) )

for me, it's ok. I was almost done with my cart and skins, but then I abandoned it. I can always get back to it, though smile
Congrats on your pleasant work! Cute little pests kittens are, ain't they? biggrin And Mars, lovely pic of yours!! clap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got seven of them in the house right now (plus my two adult cats); they're born to feral mothers and I've been fostering and socializing them with the intent that most of them are going to get adopted out (and the mothers are going to get trapped, spayed, and brought back so this cycle ends now, dammit). But every time they're about ready to go one of them comes down with something (eye infection, diarrhea, whatever) that has to be seen to. Nothing major, but I feel like I'm juggling about eight million things and every time I get to a point where I can put one ball down, two more get tossed in. I'm keeping three of them myself, one of whom I ended up bottle feeding because it had a nasty parasite at three weeks and needed meds and its wound kept clean; another almost died from an infection while I was away on vacation, which meant me yelling at my mother (who was taking care of them) to bring him to the vet, because she wasn't going to, which is another matter entirely and doesn't help things ai yi yi.

Anyway I suppose I should post some pictures in another thread so this one can stay on topic, right? :)

I would very much like to see these carts done, or, if that proves too tricky, I'd like to see something come out of this as far as skins and other art go. Because we've already put a lot of really good work into this. hug

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thalia wrote:

I would very much like to see these carts done, or, if that proves too tricky, I'd like to see something come out of this as far as skins and other art go. Because we've already put a lot of really good work into this. hug

slight progress. I definitely can change NPC's. I've got functioning cloned objects with NPC's I made from scratch.

But I'm still getting my head around the hacking that peter9g did to the cart to make it work.

Maybe the sudden end of summer here will start my brain again.

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last! The first of the gothy carts is finished, tested, and posted.

Find it here! http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=9569

pawlee1023

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was worth the wait - I'm heading over to download right now... notworthy

- Polly
Thalia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Woohoo!! and W00t!!

Looks great in-game and it works and stuff! :) Thank you bruja!! hug

I am totally up for more. Mind you I'm not looking to volunteer anyone, but bruja, if you're up for it and have the time/energy/desire...

I'm not sure what's going on with the ones Dominia started; those are the ones, looking back at the list, that I was going to do the skins for. I don't know quite how far she got with them or if she's interested in being part of this at this time.

I am really thinking I'd like to take a crack at the rat-on-a-stick shrimp-cart myself.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the time of the year when I can usually count on having some time, and my brain seems finally to have kicked in.

I cloned and tested a sushi cart (to make sure that I didn't have to go whinging to peter9g again), and because of peter's help with the hotdog cart, I could switch the NPCs.

I have Ess's sushi cart, and I'm testing several versions of the skins to see which look best with the (not fresh) fish cart in the game.

@ Ess, when you have the smoothie cart done, email it to me, please.

@ thalia, when you have the skins for the smoothie cart done, email them to me, please. (Smallish meshes would be good. The head mesh for the Risky Eats hot dog cart was bigger than the rest of the files added together, I think. laugh )

I'll work at getting the fish cart done ASAP.

I've been reading this whole thread through; there are a lot of ideas to play with.

@friedenlinde, re Sweeney hot dog cart. If you could clone the Risky Eats cart (gothy cart #1) http://www.simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=9569 and attach your graphics to it, then send me the object and skin files to simbruja at yahoo.com, I'd be more confident of a faster NPC attachment.

Thalia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I hadn't realized the head mesh was that huge! Must have been all those little braids. laugh

Okay I'll see how far I can get with this this week.

Friedenlinde, you're doing the Sweeney skin too, right? I know we were having a rotten time finding a good mesh. I can make meshes now so if you're still interested I could alter one to fit the bmp you've already made (so long as it's not too complicated. I'm still a beginner at mesh making). I guess I would need a base mesh I can work from that is already pretty close and that is okay to adapt.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh! Bruja, I received your pm, but I had no time to answer you, sorry! I will answer here. The cart and npcs I was doing are left unfinished. BUT I was at good point, made the cart look coppered and old and dirt and adding some clutter to it too. The skins I made were actually two of them: one for Sweeney, and the other for Mrs. Lovett. I didn't made the heads though, but that could be done (when I have some more time) or at least something that resemble them (which was the direction I took and something I already started).
Sweeney skin was nothing complicated, I don't really remember now which mesh I was using for showcasing, but there was a Maxis mesh that was perfect for my purpose, but needed some editing - if you are willing to make a new mesh Thalia, that would be awesome! thumbsup

let me have a look at what point I was with that cart & skins. I will let you know later. Btw, I am sorry to tell that maybe I am unable to swap the graphics form a cart to another. I did try at once to do that with an object and everything was all messed up! jfade's psycho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this is the cart, still unfinished. See, the borders of the stove need some editing.. But does the stove look right over there? or it's better to put something else? jfade's psycho

And then, these are the skins, so far. Mrs Lovett dress was almost done. Sweeney still need some editing, and maybe a better mesh! Here I used Maxis b519MAFit_Harlequin. Thalia, maybe you could do some editing to that mesh? yes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look at Mrs. Lovett with the faboo custom hands!

Friedenlinde, would you be okay with PM-ing me your Sweeney bmp? That way I can texture map the altered mesh to what you've already got done (not that it's going to be all that different, but still, just in case). I'll alter the harlequin one, although I'm going to need a copy of it. It's not in the Jack Wolfsim mesh project, since it's the one that came with Deluxe and isn't one of the altered ones. I've checked the usual places and they don't have it. Does anyone know where I can find it, or would someone be willing to PM me a copy?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, the custom hands! we couldn't do without, could we? laugh and I did it for all skin tones as I am willing to make the skins playable too wink
As for the bmp and the harlequin mesh, check your PM in a few minutes! wink

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lovely, friedenlinde! notworthy

I couldn't get the first gothy cart to work with the vendor iff's, so if you can't do a graphics swap, I'll probably have to get peter9g to make sure I can do the same changes to the Sweeney cart. I have zip experience with hacking, but I'll do my best.

I was trying to finish the sushi cart skins when I wasn't feeling very well, and stupidly destroyed the layered working file of the body skin by overwriting it. Irrevocably. I never work with the only original, but this time I did. blush So I'm starting them over from scratch, sigh sad

Thalia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's the first of the smoothie cart skins. Sorry it took me a while; I kind of had a block on it. But then I thought of an herbalist witch sort of look in earthy colors. She's got black mandrake tucked into her sash and a little leather pouch. The outfit is sort of based on traditional Welsh clothing with some traditional Russian thrown in. The head is not the one I want to use; I want to make them old and grey-haired. I'm not sure about a head mesh yet, though; I want something that's longish and loose but not too put-together or styled, which a lot of say the 700 series are. She has to look a little frazzled. The body mesh is just the MM B204fafat that I used for Beth's witch a while back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: