Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"proper" witch skin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: "proper" witch skin Reply with quote

I would love to have a proper witch skin... I have dl a lot, but... they're never quite right. The witch skins I found so far look way too cute.

For example, this witch skin from Alle meine Sims:

The hat is great, much better than the one Maxis used for the kids. But the dress is too cute - I'd like something that looks a bit baggy (so you don't know what the witch is carrying around with her), and slightly tatty. Color? Something drab. Grey, as if a black garment had been washed too often. Or brown?

I'm looking for an un-sexy witch who means business... wink

Any talented skinners out there who feel like taking on that task? Just asking (and hoping!) blush

VivianLee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to discourage anyone from making a new witch skin, but have you seen Frida's Wicked Witch of the West skin? It sounds like what you want. http://sites.google.com/site/chocotoujours/downloads/specials/halloween
Thalia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those don't do it for you, I can make one. But you'll have to find me a mesh you like. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VivianLee wrote:
I don't want to discourage anyone from making a new witch skin, but have you seen Frida's Wicked Witch of the West skin? It sounds like what you want. http://sites.google.com/site/chocotoujours/downloads/specials/halloween

Yes, VivianLee, thank you! I've seen these - and they're nice. I have them in my game, actually.

But *clears throat* I still hate the hat! And the witch looks too tidy, too well-groomed, if you will. Plus the dress is all neat and tidy, and form-fitting... and nice and black.

Beth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thalia wrote:
If those don't do it for you, I can make one. But you'll have to find me a mesh you like. :)

Oh, thank you Thalia! But I'm a complete idiot when it comes to meshes... the mesh for the hat is an xskin, and you need the bmp, right? Sandra says in her readme that you can change her items and offer them for download.

Is there any way you could get rid of the green ribbon on the hat and make it either grey or black please?

As for the mesh for the body... ugh! Stuck! I have no idea how much the results depends on the mesh used...

Sending you a PM! rolleyes

Last edited by Beth on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
friedenlinde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! thanks for suggesting my Miss Almira Gulch, Vivian laugh Yep, she's a bit too tidy for what you're looking for!
I actually made some dresses that may work for what you have in mind, Beth, they are at the yg, in the Specials/Madame collection, maybe the brown and dark brown ones could work? http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/choco_toujours_sims/files/Skins/Specials/Madame/
you can easy attach a prop hat to those, if you want. wink
(I can do it for you as well, if the skins are right)
I also have a Befana skin (which is an italian character who brings presents on Jan 6th) who looks like a witch, and her clothes are all messy and dirty. I forgot to put it up at the website, but you can download it HERE, January 6th gift wink

PS. I would consider Thalia's offer, as her skins are fabulous!! clap

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frida, I already had the brown Madame outfit in my game - I use it for one of my peasants! biggrin

The black one is a little too "showy" with that ballroom-skirt. I do like that skin, though - one of my widowed ladies wears it all the time!

I hadn't seen Befana before (aargh! How did I miss her!?), she's great! I love the pointy chin! The outfit is also really nice - but too nice for the witch I have in mind. This particular witch is meddlesome, and she's a nuisance! laugh

So, I grabbed Befana - I have a little plot at the edge of town where she can grow herbs and read tea-leaves. yes

But... uh... Thalia? Pretty please? Are you still willing to create my sinister witch? giveflower

Thalia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'll do it, though it might be a couple days, we'll see how work and other commitments go.

So the Befana outfit is still too nice? Okay. Hmmm. I do tend to make things really nice myself, ha.

As for a mesh: have you looked around various sites and found something close? If you're looking for something more 'blousy', as in, not skin tight, I've found that's ridiculously hard to find. Everything for women is all sexxxay out there, grrr. I take it you want 'fit' body shape? If you could find a picture of a real, non-Sims woman in the kind of dress/shape you're looking for, maybe it would ring some bells (for me and other skinners here). Right now I'm having a hard time picturing what you want, shape-wise.

Maxis meshes might be a place to start; they tended to make them less for the pron market than individual mesh-makers seem to. You can browse through the Jack WolfSim stuff at my site (link below); that might be a start.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh and I thought she was messy! I agree with Thalia, a picture would help to see what you have in mind, expecially to find the right mesh to translate it into a sim wink
I am glad you use those madame dresses for the peasants, that's exactly why I made it, as I needed some new clothes for the peasants! yes and I am happy that Befana found a new home! laugh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shapeless, with no visible waist... and the hat is great on the third one.

The hat is bad - but I like the wide sleeves, and the blous-y top.

Okay, I realize that this is impossible... but I love the multi-layered look. Also, this "couldn't care less" appearance of random patterns, the repairs done on the skirt... (which you wouldn't see in the game anyway). Warm and functional (if you're a witch).

And the best for last... shapeless, colorless. Dressed for business, and camouflage.

If I were a witch, I'd not dress up nice... you wouldn't want to conjure up a demon and give them ideas, now would you! rolleyes

PS: Sorry the pics are so big, but if I made them smaller you'd not be able to see anything.

Beth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thalia wrote:
Yes, I'll do it, though it might be a couple days, we'll see how work and other commitments go.

So the Befana outfit is still too nice? Okay. Hmmm. I do tend to make things really nice myself, ha.

As for a mesh: have you looked around various sites and found something close? If you're looking for something more 'blousy', as in, not skin tight, I've found that's ridiculously hard to find. Everything for women is all sexxxay out there, grrr. I take it you want 'fit' body shape? If you could find a picture of a real, non-Sims woman in the kind of dress/shape you're looking for, maybe it would ring some bells (for me and other skinners here). Right now I'm having a hard time picturing what you want, shape-wise.

Maxis meshes might be a place to start; they tended to make them less for the pron market than individual mesh-makers seem to. You can browse through the Jack WolfSim stuff at my site (link below); that might be a start.

I certainly don't expect you to rush, Thalia! I'm very, very grateful you're willing to do this for me, and I totally don't mind waiting. I'm excited I'm getting this skin in the first place!

I know your skins are nice! Beautiful, in fact! I have them in my game, and every now and then a witch gets to wear some Celtic or Minoan finery biggrin (Oh, BTW - the link for the Melian dress doesn't work.) I love the Idril cornflower dress, but haven't got anybody posh enough to wear that. (Yet!)

I expect you've seen the pics I posted (they're kind of hard to miss LOL), and I know that this sort of shape is unpopular.

Having looked at your site, I think a fat mesh might actually be better - witches don't have to be skinny, do they! I imagine children are quite fattening whistle

Seriously, the meshes for the fat Minoan nighties could be something, or the Wolfskin skins from MM B202, B203, B204, B205 or B209 (all fat). Or from Deluxe the fat B138, B148 or B168 if it's possible to go without the obi.

(And I find it insulting they labeled those skins "fat". thumbsdown )

Let me know what you think?!

bluesage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would one witch`s wardrobe fill your witchy wishes? biggrin
bluesage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endora invited Sabrina because they needed a 13th in the Coven. biggrin
Beth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

friedenlinde wrote:
laugh and I thought she was messy! I agree with Thalia, a picture would help to see what you have in mind, expecially to find the right mesh to translate it into a sim wink
I am glad you use those madame dresses for the peasants, that's exactly why I made it, as I needed some new clothes for the peasants! yes and I am happy that Befana found a new home! laugh

Well, I guess you could call her messy... but she's not really laugh

Seen the pictures? It's amazing how many creepy models you can find - but not one "real" woman out there. Odd, don't women like to dress comfy? jfade's psycho

The color and the shape said peasant, rather than witch... but it's a great dress for everyday labor in house and garden. I was so glad to find something in a "natural" color!

Belfana is settling in quite nicely. I think she likes the hens she has in the back garden - she pops out on her own every so often to talk to them. Or maybe she's lonely? She needs a cat! yes

Beth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesage wrote:
Endora invited Sabrina because they needed a 13th in the Coven. biggrin

I can see they don't quite trust their new member yet! They all seem to be eyeing one another warily...

In my world, if a witch were to show her ankles, she'd be out on her ear! And the way those young women dress these days, my my! no

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Suggestion Box- A Wish List ONLY All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: