Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with meshes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THIEF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Help with meshes? Reply with quote

Hello! I'm so glad to have found this forum. Because I still love Sims 1!

Ever since I first learned that custom skins and meshes could be made for the Sims I've always wanted have a certain character made for my game. But I never found anyone willing to help me, so I gave up on the idea for a long time.

I'm hesitant to even ask anyone to make it for me, because on most sites where I've asked I just get ignored. So instead I want to ask for help.
I'm willing to make the skins myself but I wondered if anyone here could help me with the meshes? Or even suggest some existing ones that might work? I'm not sure that my computer will even run Milkshape without crashing so I can't make them myself. sad

The character is Link, from the Legend of Zelda. (I'll attach a picture) He's an extraordinarily popular character, so I'm surprised I haven't ever found him made already!
Ideally, I'd want meshes for a head, a body, and a prop(for the hat). But I'd skip the hat (and the pointed ears on the head mesh) if it wasn't possible. I have a pretty good idea of how it could all be done but I just need the meshes!

So does anyone have any ideas of where I could start in making him? If someone would actually make the meshes for me I would be so happy! And if anyone has any questions or would like me to clarify something please ask!

(Oh, and some notes about the picture, I hope it doesn't look too complex. I don't want the sword or the pouches included, and I think the rest could be simplified pretty easily.)

Thank you! I hope someone can help me!

Link.png
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Link.png
 Filesize:  437.8 KB
 Downloaded:  371 Time(s)

17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a head mesh, what about one of the ones at Eph's?
http://sims.ephralon.de/heads.php?cat=male&subcat=hmfantasy
THIEF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, thanks, but unfortunetly I don't think any of the hair is right. Like I said, I think I'd rather have the right (or similar) hair without the pointy ears, than have an odd hairstyle.
But I'll take a closer look at those and see if I could work with them.

And thank you for responding so fast! I didn't expect that!
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi THIEF,

I've moved your thread to the Skinner's Studio, where you are most likely to get more attention. Other than that, I can't help you myself, but if I think of anything, I'll certainly post it.

And welcome to our house. smile

THIEF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, thank you for the warm welcome!

And thanks for moving the thread. I was debating where I should post it anyway. laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: