Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've gone over to the dark side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thalia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: I've gone over to the dark side. Reply with quote

Yersinia, forgive me.

Today the blessed blessed birthday faery (also known as my sister Tara) came by with my present (a day late, but I'm not complaining, oh no I'm not) with a PC laptop. Which means:

I now have the power to make meshes!

I mean, I have to figure out the program (and the operating system), and I imagine there will be plenty of swearing involved, but at least I've got the necessary equipment now (and yes it's already downloaded and installed). Woo hoo!!!

My problem is this:

My game is on my Mac, not the PC, and I've no intention of buying the game again just to put it on the PC. But because my stuff is on a Mac, I can't extract the skins there; for whatever reason it messes up the .skn files to extract them. And I'd like to start by altering some Maxis meshes, since from what I've seen they're likely to be not only simpler but done correctly (for the most part) when it comes to texture-mapping, &c, and I figure the less work I have to do while learning the better.

So I already own the meshes, but I can't use them. Is there any where out there that hosts just the Maxis meshes? Where can I find them?

I'm sure I'll have about a million questions as I attempt to figure this out; this may end up a very long thread, ha.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Yes- please make meshes!!!

Sure !

Living in Sim at the bottom Resources link
http://home.comcast.net/~simsherry/index.html

Susanne

laugh

Gonewiththesim21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im excited to see what you come up with thalia
friedenlinde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great news! I was fearing you went to sims 2 laugh I agree with Susanne, Living in Sim should have all Maxis meshes!
if you need the maxis head meshes too, I have extracted them all and zipped it, and I got it on my computer. If you need it just tell right away, and I'm going to send it to you ;)

Btw, you should be able to find the game, even the complete collection, for a cheap price, now... You may have a look at Amazon, or ebay, and find some bargain wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have Double Delux so if there is any skins and meshes you need just tell us!

I have bought extra copies of the game in second hand places and on sale.

If you had been in Scandinavia I could have sent you my third copy of MM and the third of HP.... laugh

Sita

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a copy of Livin' large on Amazon marketplace - game cost 40p, I paid 2.90 postage and packing.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Thalia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40p! Holy cow. :)

Thank you for the links!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Skinner's Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: